So, whats her shelf life as Wolverine?

Personally, I find her more interesting than Logan, but I think she eventually needs her own space, rather than taking on an identity we know will be reclaimed in a couple of years or less.

Her growth has been pretty great from NYX to Wolverine, from self-harming child, to dead-inside prostitute, to angry/feral child, to utterly confused teen, to her current cocky and more adjusted self who seems to self harm by just not giving a shit what happens to her and testing her limits.

So, how long so you think she's going to be Wolverine? Eventually, Logan will come back, but I think she is pulling off Wolverine as well as other 'replacements' have their legacy character and better than most.

>So, how long so you think she's going to be Wolverine?
The title serves as a good marketing gimmick to keep an X-23 series alive, but other than that, it's a bit dumb and they should drop it at some point. Especially since we have both an actual Logan and inverted Sabretooth running around right now and one of them even has his own fucking title AND is featured on the so-called flagship title over her.
Whatever. I don't really care which direction Marvel gimmicks go next.

X-Men is at a low point, Laura is at an elevated low point and right now I find it hard to really work up enthusiasm for either.

Her book could benefit from having some other teenage X-men show up; Jubilee, Armor, Mercury, Pixie.

I think it's time to admit that a lot of these characters and stories are played out. I'm honestly ready for Marvel to try another alternate universe imprint. Without screwing it up this time.

And instead of going too far in the future like 2099, or in the present, keep it at around 10 years plus. So it's always "in the near future." Keep all dates vague, mark time by in-universe milestones.

I dunno, I'd try it. And they could go hog-wild with all the diversity shit without stepping on the toes of the old fans. For the traditional characters I'd switch to a Magazine format or something. You'd have continuous new "strips" but also backups, one-shots, and reprints of older beloved material.

Hopefully a long time with good writers and artists.
She's a good Wolverine, more thoughtful, patient perhaps smarter or just more civilised than Logan?
I think Logan had a good run, and his death was brutal yet poetic, dignified.
Old man Logan isn't "our" Logan - but he's adjusting to his "past" well, he's a cool ol' geezer. Can't wait to see the chemistry between Laura and Old Man Logan.

>I think it's time to admit that a lot of these characters and stories are played out.
I don't think I would agree with that. X-Men saw a lot of good stuff in the past decade.
It's just that Marvel is stuck with a lot of bad and mediocre writers right now that can do nothing but rehash and their editorial ceaselessly mandates events and other bullshit.

Putting those people in charge of a completely unrestrained evenrionment would in my eyes only lead to greater disaster in the long run.

She needs that Teen Scott "D"

id say that X23 as Wolverine is one of those legacy replacements that was bound to happen, and makes sense. it just werks, and doesnt come off as "hey look, we have female wolverine now!" like they did with Thor.

I mean shes his daughter/clone/thing so it makes sense.

also imo, she rocks the costume pretty well

Yeah, I'm looking forwards to where that goes. I was a bit worried in the first issues that it was all just going to be constant shananigans and quips.

I'm feeling this right now. Sure, they can easily screw it up, but for the moment it feels like a good and interesting progression.

>nicking your own thigh with the shoe-blade from another cover

ouch.

That's a real cover? I'm surprised there wasn't outrage.

The only problem with this book is that the character in it isn't really X-23. It's a bizarre clone.

>I mean shes his daughter/clone/thing so it makes sense.

It makes sense if you ignore her hystory and personality and only know about her being Wolverine's clone.

She might not have one. The big two are getting more comfortable with the idea of multiple characters sharing the same name - Wolverine, Thor, Ms. Marvel (kinda), Atom, Spider-Man, Green Lantern, Hulk, Flash (literally, in Wally's case), Captain America, etc, etc. Hell, the time-displaced O5 X-Men have been around for 3.5 years now. I'd say she's safe until at least the next continuity purge, and she may be status quo for a good long while.

(And on the subject of the O5 X-Men - Jesus GOD, do they need to be sent back already. Even in comics time, we're approaching the point where they're going to be noticeably aged, not to mention the whole 'one dies and the universe cracks in two' issue. It passed 'bad thought experiment by Beast' a year or two ago and moved into 'the Celestials are coming for your ass' territory.)

I thought I disliked the O5, but then Angel had to become absolutely repulsive under the Hopeless Idiot.

Soon after if/when Old Man Logan dies/goes away

There's another page where Old Man Logan says something like 'This is the apartment I raised you in Laura'

That's a real cover? I'm surprised there wasn't outrage.

i dislike that they showed Taskmasters face in it

do you think Logan ever wears lifts?

10/10 would kek again

Is this really?Jesus tap dancing Christ..

all the deadpool varients were memes

pic related

Man - you americans and your body issues.

>It makes sense if you ignore her hystory and personality
They did.

01/14 Wolverine v5 #13 - 31,164 ( -3.4%)

02/14 Wolverine v6 #1 - 88,923 (185.3%)
02/14 Wolverine v6 #2 - 47,339 (-46.8%)
08/14 Wolverine v6 #12 - 50,570 ( 2.8%)

11/15 AN Wolverine #1 - 119,786
11/15 AN Wolverine #2 - 55,634 (-53.6%)
12/15 AN Wolverine #3 - 50,990 (- 8.3%)
01/16 AN Wolverine #4 - 49,978 (- 2.0%)
02/16 AN Wolverine #5 - 43,149 (-13.7%)
03/16 AN Wolverine #6 - 44,668 (+ 3.5%)
04/16 AN Wolverine #7 - 38,168 (-14.5%)
04/16 AN Wolverine #8 - 38,242 (+ 0.2%)

Sales don't seem great, but not awful. Seems like they'll probably keep her around for Now 2.0 to rejuvenate the numbers with a fresh #1 but the relaunch after that we'll probably get Logan back for a good ol' pick-me-up.

#8 was released in May.

That was my bad from copy/pasting and editing the numbers.

Why isn't Jubilee pushed at all anymore?

Why isn't there a psychic red head that's not Jean running around?

Where is Rightclops?

X-Men suck now

aren the female wolverine sales at cancellation numbers?

>also imo, she rocks the costume pretty well
It's just not her color, is all.

Damn, that's a pretty steady decline.
I thought the book would have a bit more legs than that.
On the other hand, it's not really surprising. Taylor is basically just messing around with villain of the week and "Laura meets the Marvel universe", which was already boring when Liu did it, but at least there it was tied together thematically at least.
Here, the whole book feels like fluff.

why the fuck is spider gwen there?

I think they're doing a "Hulk" thing, like how there's Hulk, SheHulk, RedSheHulk, RedHulk, and five other gamma irradiated superstrong characters... (all called "hulks")
Now there's "classic" Wolverine, Old Man Logan, AllNewWolverine (Now with bewbs!) and I'm sure there's an alternate reality evil Wolverine out there somewhere.
Hell, at one time there was a robot Wolverine, I think his name was Albert ... hung out with a robot girl named ElsieDee ...?
It's a thing, just ask a Spiderman ...

(now let's hear Sup Forums bitch about having options)

i think they'll keep her around at least until she, miles, amadeus and robbie reyes can team up

whats the name of the one with jubilee and x23 and logan and gambit, its my favorite and i wish i could get it irl

girl wolverine guro when

Wasn't that done all the time in early X-23?

It's not like we don't have canon borderline instances of it, like that time she woke up in chains being dismembered with a chainsaw.

I think she is just supposed to have grown a little from where she was. New Wolvie is incredibly cocky, and she still self harms (by throwing herself into every situation that will cause certain injury, and seems to be hiding behind a mask of overconfidence. It'll crack eventually.

That... doesn't look good.

Just what I'm wondering. I really hope not, because I'm afraid if she gets cancelled so early, she will end up shoved back into being a supporting role in a shitty title like Avengers Academy or revert back to Talon in the All-New X-Men.

Do you think, with bone claws (or 'vibranium' or whatever bullshit they are having Caps shield be now), she might make a good entry to the MCU? They can say she is anything from an Inhuman to a Hydra experiment.

Since she seems to be in the new Wolverine film its a moot point, but still would she do better in the MCU? In Wolverine she might just be a forgotten one-off character in several years.

For years now I've been posting on here bout a comfy series starring Laura with Jubilee and Daken as supporting characters. It would basically be Laura living somewhere in NYC in an apartment and getting into shenanigans , fighting street level crime, some light comedy moments, her and Daken interacting for more than 30 seconds at a time etc.

Is wolverine like this at all?

Will she be in the movies?

I feel like the movies won't do her right

Not at all, with potential for bits of that?

The opening storyline was that someone had finally successfully cloned her, and the end result is she has a little-sister clone she is trying to help in the way Logan helped her. Imagine her early character with a little benign Harley Quinn, and that's the clone's personality.

They live in an old apartment Logan left her. And have a pet wolverine that Squirrel Girl gave them during a cameo.

Old Man Logan is staying with them for the moment, after Laura saved him from the belly of Fing Fang Foom (his lower half was melted to his adamantium bones by stomach acid) and Laura wearing a jetpack teamed up with Captain Marvel (Danvers) to lead the 100ft dragon away from NY, while Iron Man burned away a room full of dragon pheremone.

Shit's crazy, but at least entertaining, with already a half-dozen cameos. You know Jubes and Daken will turn up eventually.

What the fuck is that guy doing

Seems like she is one of the main plot points of the new Wolverine. That said, it seems to take place far ahead of the 'current/Apoc' timeline and even beyond the 'future' one. So fuck knows if she will be plot deviced into the main continuity as the new XMCU Wolverine, or a one-hit plot point for the last Wolverine film. Raising her may end up being his happy ending.

Assume they are on set, from lil Laura's shirt, and they are touching up his beard.

Oh I didn't know that was a set photo

So Laura is confirmed? I'm excited and not excited at the same time

Really lazy question I know but if I liked Innocence Lost/Target X/X Force Laura will I like all New Bubette

Maybe not. Are you okay with her pretty much being normal now? She barely resembles her old self, to the point she might as well be a new character.

I'm okay with it, as it's likely the writer and can be seen as her having been around and living normally long enough to 'fake it til you make it', but I can see how some people would hate it.

Pretty much, unless you happen to know any other little dark haired girls who can survive/heal getting shot in the chest and whatever caused those bloodstains on her clothes, has close ties to Wolverine and Weapon-X, needs to be cast at two ages (they wanted that age, and a woman in her early twenties), has already long been rumored to be X-23, and is a fitting place to end his personal part in the franchise.

But yeah. I don't disagree. If I knew she was going to be a new regular and/or replacement for Logan due to the fact this is his last film, I'd be more hyped, but given it seems to be set pretty distant to the 'new' main timeline, I'm worried they are just going to make it a self-contained story like The Wolverine and we'll never see her again, wasting her character.

Only that she is Wolverine right now gives me hope, and the fact it's when Jackman is retiring that they are choosing to introduce her. And that she will be young, the X-Men are young, and she just happens to be the Wolverine of the All-New (time displaced, young) X-Men.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt Logan bang that Japanese chick in Wolverine 2?

So Daken incoming? If Laura ever gets a solo movie, he could be the antagonist? I dont really remember if the jap chick died or not

I don't know, does this trigger you? Because she has gotten a lot more playful and seems to be acting a lot more like a normal girl, with hints of how Logan used to act as Wolverine.

Wouldn't Rogue be draining Jubilee's energy in that pic? The top side of her right breast is touching her back.....

See, that's the issue. Even that occurred what seems to be less than twenty years before the doomed future of Days of Future Past. Even if that timeline was erased, and he still gets born, he isn't even going to be grown up until around the time the X-Men are in their 40s and 50s.

He and Laura at this point are looking to be sharing a timeline where Logan is gone, as Jackman is retiring, and everyone else is older. The films look to be following the new younger cast, 20ish years before.

Sure, they can do plot shennanigans, and bring them into the main timeline (which would be fitting for Laura, as it would be a tongue in cheek reverse of her being in the All-New X-Men), or they could even have them both continue the Wolverine line of films post-Jackman (until the first one inevitably bombs due to no Jackman). But we'll have to see.

I don't see them finally getting around to introducing Laura when they are retiring the original Wolverine, without a reason.

Fanmade

Rogue can control her powers now

.......then what's the point of having them if there's no drawback?

>.......then what's the point of having them if there's no drawback?

that sweet Magneto "D"

They banged back in the day when she couldnt turn them off and it was hand waved away saying he could someone shield himself with magnetism.

Also didnt she die recently after killing the scarlet witch?

Comics suck so hard.

Source? What year was this?

Cute

How did she ended taking Logan's mantle?
I had a bigger version of that pic but my HDD died ;_;

It's a shame Marvel will never get into mature shit like this

Well, he died. Aside from that we don't know. There is an untold gap between Mystique gutting her (while she had no healing factor) and the first issue of All-New Wolverine. Hopefully they will fill it in later.

You mean in the MCU? Because that IS Marvel getting into shit like that, and the MAX line was full of it, one of the reasons I loved that line so much.

>Laura finally succeeds in making sure nobody can create anymore clones of her
>They bring out Plan B

The "she" she is talking about is Laura?

It triggers me a bit, to be honest
I don't think someone who has been through as much shit as she has would be at a point this early in her life to be tossing out quips and palling around.
It makes sense for Logan because he's had years and years to come to terms with himself and the shit he's done, but in my opinion she's still to young to be this cavalier.
While I think adding Logan personality traits over time is a good idea, (hav her more sexually aggressive, hav her get more enjoyment out of fighting, give her a taste for beer and cigars, etc.) I still think it's too early in her lifespan to be chuckling it up with people like she's been a superhero for 30 years.
She just recently learned how to be more like a human being, she shouldn't be deadpooling it up just yet.

user, it's Hopeless.