Do you understand this?

Do you understand this?

I understand most of it, but I imagine most people wouldn't understand any of it

yeah but I'm now mentally cooked

Yeah but I have a feeling it's biased toward English

barely

I'm a retarded monolingual american and I understood it

I think is right though

theres no way you would understand this if you didnt already know english

That does make sense considering English is already a European clusterfuck

It's like I'm learning English all over again.

>What would happen if, when you open your computer, [you] find a message [written] in this language? [It] is not English, [it] is not German, [it] is not Spanish, [it] is not French, [it] is no known language yet you understand [it]! Did your computer catch a virus? Have you suddenly developed a BSE (?)? No, you are reading the new European language: [the] Europanto! Europanto is a mélange of the most important European languages, and also of some of other European languages, some Latin, some Ancient Greek.

Clearly the original was an English text, which was then "translated" into this literal linguistic mutt. Diego Marani a shit.

this

yes, actually

That's horrible.

I understand everything. That's really awesome.

All of it.
Is this the future?

>Inspector Cabillot is [a/the] true European official who fights against injustice and evil, for the ideal of a unified and democratic Europe in a world [at/of] peace where only one language is spoken, [the] Europanto.
>It was a cold morning in October and a low fog bedew the benches in the park. Some Maghrebi workers were picking up [the] litter [while] singing melancholic tunes. On the 200th floor of the Euro Tower the Chief General Inspector of the Service for Bizarre Things, Mr. What, slammed on the table and said: "This is no joke! Call Cabillot, quick!"

How would phonotactics even work for this kind of language? English seems to be more or less the syntactic blueprint, but what of literally everything else?

Yes, but it sounds retarded af.
Would not write/10
And sure as hell won't speak like that.

Interesting attempt tho.

What is 'BSE' tho?

I guess it's not made to replace the national languages but to be used as a simple lingua franca in Europe, instead of using dirty english.

The disease that drives cows crazy.

Yeah, maybe. Still sounds retarded tho. I don't think I could take anyone serious who talks like this.

i do, actually

Yep.

Completely. This is surely a major red pill.

This looks like an abomination.

Literally Amerimutt: le 56% language

Shit I actually understood it.

I did...

not proud of being able to understand it perfectly

What da fuck is this? Esperanto?

I''m too drunk to read

This literally is dirty english.
I'm with the kraut - unless the world hurries up and original blade runner becomes real and turbo-pidgin is spoken in the streets.

It seems to be worse esperanto.

No and I dont want to.

It's understandable, but it looks like whoever wrote this just arbitrarily meshed a bunch of words from different languages together. Also, there's no way I would understand it if I didn't know English already, this language is completely pointless for already bilingual romance speakers.

Holy shit i understood everything and it even sounds like very hardcore pig latin out loud.

My mind is actually blown.

I can't help but associate Spanish with Mexico.

>Also, there's no way I would understand it if I didn't know English already

That we don't know since we all already understand English here. We would need to try with non English speakers.
I believe it can work even if you know little english.
I think the designers of the language purposely chose words that have large common roots in multiple languages.

So except maybe for 'happen', 'would' and 'known', I believe a romance speaker could understand.

It's pretty easy even for a non native germanic language speaker. It's heavily biased towards english, if it would be as biased to german I wouldn't understand it. I see it as a form of broken english and everyone in eu already speaks broken engliah so what's the use?

it's mostly english with some german and latino words

It's intelligible but it's also a butt ugly language, I imagine for most of us this should be easy as cake as we all speak Englsih plus some Western European language, a lot of it looks like Spanglish to me, still I'm not sure it would be as easy if you were reading legalesse or instructions for assembling furniture.

Still, it beats pidgin

This idea is as good as `murican common core education.

It's practically pidgin, for my money.

Strikingly original post

Yes, about 90%.

All of it, but good God if they try to implement this shit and force me to learn it, i'm rioting, it's fucking ugly.
It's like some cunt just wrote that text in English, ran every word through Google translate in multiple languages and randomly picked ones to replace.

All of it but it's cancer.

More interesting but still cancer.