Legend (1985)

Which is the more enjoyable version, the director's cut or the theatrical cut?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A9KjjvZE0Lo
figmentfly.com/legend/
youtube.com/watch?v=Ksk7wPX-MI4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

All I remember is based devil Curry

I would also like to know the answer to this, as i have never seen legend

All i know is that it ha Tim Curry playing the devil and i fucking love when Tim Curry plays villians

I've only seen the director's cut but it was very good

>Ridley Scott
>which cut is the best?

the Directors Cut, always the Directors Cut you pleb

What is the difference?

d

Mostly the music. Either trippy, ambient 80s synths, or more classic movie soundtrack ala Jerry Goldsmith. I like both, but prefer Tangerine Dream.

Director's cut has about 25 more minutes of scenes, but also the entire film is cut/edited differently so it's not the theatrical cut + extra scenes. It feels like a totally different movie.

The director's cut is far more coherent story than the theatrical cut in terms of the story. The theatrical cut makes a lot of abrupt jumps from scene to scene, whereas the director's cut keeps dialogue and moments that... well, explain more shit. The director's cut is also more bittersweet since the male unicorn's horn isn't shown being restored, Jack and Lily don't run off into the sunset together and instead Jack goes off on his own though promising to return to her. Also the director's cut focuses more on how the unicorn must be saved to spare the world eternal darkness, and the theaterical cut focuses more on saving Lily.

The princess character is more interesting in the director's cut because she actually gets to have a personality due to added scenes, dialogue and using different takes. She's more mischevious and has a bit of a dark streak, which makes it more believable that she'd be tempted by Tim Curry Satan

As for the soundtrack... I think it's up to the viewer. The director's cut Jerry Goldsmith soundtrack is a lush, gorgeous fantasy soundtrack that suits the film in the way that you'd expect from a fantasy soundtrack. The theatrical cut Tangerine Dream soundtrack is a dream-like 1980s synth soundtrack that gives the film a very dreamy, different feel.

Still less scary than Curry without makeup, t b q h

I've never seen the DC before and I do like the movie. It's a must see for me now. Thanks for the info.

Curry with facial hair = fun crazy uncle
clean shaven Curry = serial killer

>the male unicorn's horn isn't shown being restored

I think that it still is, they just don't show it. Gump says something to the affect of "We, too, have a promise to keep" while holding it.

I wish I could have the director's cut with the Tangerine Dream soundtrack. That would be best.

>It feels like a totally different movie.

It really does. Jack's portrayed more like a fairyesque wildman of the forest who is tentative when it comes to trusting humans and falling in love (in the theatrical version it implies they've had sex/have a relationship, in the director's version they kiss only once and at the end), because he's afraid Lilli will betray him as humans often do. It's what makes his ultimate decision to trust Lilli, despite Gump's insistence that Lilli is lost to Darkness, more meaningful.

I will always have a soft spot for the theatrical version because it's what I grew up with, but I watch the DC more often.

Do we see what happens to the Goblins in the director's cut?

Also, do the unicorns dream Deckard? That would be kino

There is no enjoyable version it's a bad movie with only one good performance. Nothing about this shit movie is good outside of curry.

>he doesn't like unicorn movies

I would love that, user.

>tfw Ridley Scott built a giant artificial forest set complete with real running water for waterfalls and streams inside the studio, wall to wall and almost all the way to the ceiling, and even released real birds, animals and bugs for added realism.

looks like you have a bad case of covfefe

The directors cut was remastered from some second rate material so it doesnt look as good as the theatrical versions. The additional scenes make the story work better but the story is not all that interesting and the extended runtime drags on a bit. Jerry Goldsmith >>>> Tangerine Dream.

If its your first viewing Id recommend the European Theatrical cut first.

>not liking Evil Lilli

youtube.com/watch?v=A9KjjvZE0Lo

haven't seen it yet but theatrical

>not JOing to young tom cruise in that sexy scale mail armor
fucking pleb

>European Theatrical cut first.
there's different theatrical cuts?

This is a good post

Also here's a more detailed guide to different versions etc:

figmentfly.com/legend/

the sets in this film were nuts

Does DC have Gump without the dubbed voiceover?

the movie is visually stunning, regardless what plebs like this could "think".
On can writ that post only if "watched" the movie while texting

Good visuals don't equal a good film.

>Nothing about this shit movie is good outside of curry.

You drooling retard.

Why was the 80s so good for Fantasy movies?

There's about 4 distinct versions

American Theatrical Cut
European Theatrical Cut
Director's Cut
TV Cut

>director's cut doesn't use the Tangerine Dream soundtrack
DROPPED

although I like Jerry Goldsmith okay, but still

This. Best antagonist ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ksk7wPX-MI4

that dancing thing during that scene, along with the architecture, used to freak me out as a kid.

>Why was the 80s so good for Fantasy movies?

heavy metal and Dungeons and Dragons were at peak popularity back then, plus the space fantasy Star Wars helped popularize a more fantasy-structured film

Nope. No version of the film, even the scripts, touch on their fate. They just kind of stop being there after a certain point in the story. In the shooting script, they are depicted cowering in Darkness' lair but their fates are never deliberately shown.

This guy again. He shitposts this over and over in these threads. He always gets excessively angry for some reason.

They went on to The 10th Kingdom to find work.

>that early first script where Darkness turns Lili into a beast-like animal, whips and tortures her in his dungeon until she starts moaning out of possible pleasure of it all, then she gives into the darkness and they just fuck and fuck

What a wild ride

suck an elf!