Dracula Untold >>> The Mummy (2017)

Dracula Untold >>> The Mummy (2017)

The Mummy reboot was so crap that it really helped me appreciate Dracula Untold a lot more. It was a period piece, had some great visuals, and respected the story enough while presenting a new take/origin. The Mummy had none of that.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=625LhvSHirQ
youtube.com/watch?v=LZvXfrle4ko
youtube.com/watch?v=P8yiCWyrqMA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

REMOVE

TURKS

WITH

GIANT

FUCKING

BAT

FISTS

Dracula untold was forgettable as fuck though

Dracula:
>Based Balkan removing KEBAB

Mummy:
>Tom Cruise fucking with shit he shouldn't have

It's obvious which one is the winner user.

>Tom Cruise fucking with shit he shouldn't have

That is every protagonist of the Mummy movies to be fair

>period piece
>great visuals
>respect history
>chinese armor
yeah no

With the exception of the last 30 seconds Dracula Untold is quite a good movie

Eh whatever. M17 is MI: Hot M(o)mmy Ed. Based Vlad removing Roaches was 1000 times better.

>chinese armor

why do you think this?

Because Great Wall I'm guessing

because that's a red chinese dragon
show me one historic pic from vlad tepes with that kind of armor

St. George and the dragon

>because that's a red chinese dragon

no whiskers or giant googly eyes, not chinese.

that was green and doesn't look like the one in the armor
and just fucking look at the armor
it's fantasy, not historic

>that's a red chinese dragon

No it fucking isn't

Chinese dragons don't have wings

Capeshit Dracula is worst Dracula

Wings are on the shoulders

It was more of a Castlevania Lords of Shadow movie

>when a video game has more talent than a movie

youtube.com/watch?v=625LhvSHirQ

>Capeshit Dracula

You mean THIS faggot?

Robert Carlyle has a great voice and should really do more voice acting..

youtube.com/watch?v=LZvXfrle4ko

Well If you people believe that that is an historic armor then I don't know what else to say really

O K

Dracula Untold is underrated. Flawed yes, but there is some great stuff in it.

>Well If you people believe that that is an historic armor

no one said it was historic armor though, but you called it chinese which it fucking ain't.

looks cool but I have less than no interest in watching it for some reason

> It was a period piece, had some great visuals, and respected the story enough while presenting a new take/origin.

>he called it a period piece therefore he was saying the armor was historic

That is some of the thinnest reaching I've seen, thinner than campbell's soup, try again.

Kinda pissed off at Universal from removing it from Dark Universe. Yeah I know, CU's and shit. But I'm legitimately curious to see what the endgame on it all is. It's not like these characters are cut and dry like Marvel's people, they're literal fucking monsters and shit. It's not like they're going to team up and kill an even worse monster or something, because that'd be dumber than Kurtzman's direction.

>Chinese armor
uhhhh no...?

I concede, Trinity Dracula was so shit I completely forgot he existed

They're just going to turn them into superheroes.

Mummy will be a big bad, Tom Cruise a main hero guy. Invisible Man, Creature from the Black Lagoon and Phantom of the Opera, I can absolutely see these being capeshitted to hell and back. Turn Invisible Man into a grey morality rogue, Creature into a misunderstood Hulk-esque brute and Phantom into a Batman. There's your universe.

All of these "kino" images are garbage. You are non-plussed on it for a good reason, you know that they show the best shots in the movie.

Its like an even more distilled trailer, in the way they completely give the entire movie away in 30 seconds. There is no reason to see the movie now, you've just seen all the staging and how it unfolds. Your subconscious knows.

That wouldn't make a lick of fucking sense. Not even universal is that stupid.

a period piece and an accurate historical representation are 2 seperate things. 10,000BC was a period piece, that doesn't mean I think people fought sabre toothed cats on pyramid steps all the time.

Dracula's armor gets a minor pass because it reflects the old blood red muscle suit of the 90's movie while doing its own thing. Shit like Dr. Who throwing niggers into 1700's England doesn't though, because that is a deliberate attempt to rewrite history.

Dr. Jekyll/mr. Hyde as Banner/Hulk.

Yeah Universalâ„¢ only produces winners.

Okay, Universal is stupid. but not "Turning the most iconic VILLAINS in cinema history into the Avengers" Stupid.

They should have made Cruise's character complicit. By not doing that, they frakked it up.

Lets consider for a second that Untold is still part of Dark Universe. The best way to handle it is make Vlad Tepes the main character of the whole enterprise, and make him the guy who founded Prodigium, as a way to repent for the horrible monster he had to become in order to keep his family and nation safe. he doesn't want anyone else to fall to the same fate he did, but time has molded him to hate the stupidity of humans.

No one's scared of any of these monsters. Did you see Dracula Untold? He was an antihero, he had fucking superpowers. He came into the modern day with an alter ego and all.

youtube.com/watch?v=P8yiCWyrqMA

which is why he should have been the lynchpin of the whole enterprise.everything should have revolved around his genesis as Dracula.
>Frankenstein's Monster? that's just the good doctor trying to replicate whatever the hell happened to Tepes, but his only willing subjects are sewn-together corpses.
>Phantom of the Opera? He's actually the good Dr. Frankenstein himself, his experiments just backfired horribly.
>The Creature from the black lagoon? some horrible Turkish monster that the Sultan wanted to unleash on Transylvania but never got to use.
>Wolfman? another victim of that same bastard that cursed Tepes

Im not saying these ideas are good, just more coherent then whatever the fuck they're doing now.

Tired of the misunderstood vampire trope, hope Eggers' Nosferatu will make vampires great again