What special effects do they use in Hollywood to make you look taller?

What special effects do they use in Hollywood to make you look taller?

Chairs, forced perspective, placement of people in scene... there are lot of ways to make people look taller.

>the world's new pinball loooooord

>1.74m

Yeah, maybe when he's standing on an applebox lmao

Moon Boots work well

Obligatory

Who was in the wrong here?

simple solutions

>A platform wasn't enough, they need manlet boots as well

A box or even....a stool.

This is kind of sad, why not just forget the whole "being short it's bad" and go with his natural height?
Seriously, trying to hide a shortcoming so obvious it's worse than the shortcoming itself.

Damn, that bunny has some nice titties.

RDJ is the same height as my wife

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

it matters a bit more for movies because you want to keep people framed correctly on the screen

but then it reinforces everyone's opinion of manlets as inferior wastes of life

but i'm 6'3" so im laffin

Why don't they just accept that people are different sizes. I thought they were PC, where's the manlet acceptance movement?

he's supposed to be Iron Man not Iron Manlet.

good post

I hope new wolverine actor it's actually something near 5'3" just like in comics.
I'm not a manlet but all this shit meme it's getting out of hand if everyone it's the same height.

>Tom Cruise's casting as Jack Reacher was met with severe criticism from fans of the book series, primarily because the disparity in their heights with Reacher portrayed as 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m) tall in the novels while Cruise is 5 ft 7 in (1.70 m) tall in real life.

CGI & muffled laughter

can't bruise the cruise

when a girl is taller than you it must be embarrassing.
manlets, when will they learn?

>embarrassed.
Not if your face its at the height of her tits when she wears high heels.

>New Wolverine
New Wolverine is a female.

I'm 5'10". I just finished filming The Town with Ben Affleck. My whole career I've been crouching in flats. But this movie had a bunch of giants — both Ben and Jon Hamm are very tall. When the cinematographer said, "Would you mind terribly if you stood on a ladder in the next shot?", I put my arms in the air and whooped.

I work as an AC. Usually apple boxes. They come in varying heights and widths amd the grips usually have around 20 in set. Its really cringy when men have to stand on them, but its ubiquitous in the industry. Thats why most actors arent tall, its hard work to get all of our rigs/lights higher up

wrong pic

Chris Evans grossly overstates his height for being a male model while Robert is honest about his.

Extra?

Funny thing about RDJ is he's not like a midget or anything, but still feels the need to wear elevator shoes.

other than Tropic Thunder is there an RDJ movie where he doesn't just play himself?

(You)

what's really weird is that they're always bright white, so he's showing off the fact that he cares about his height

What heights are these in burger units?

can someone do the thing where you draw in red what his feet actually look like inside these boots?

does he really fucking wear those
i thought it was just a joke

top lmao, google says renner is actually taller than rdj

how many inches do these shoes add?

Apple crates

look at that extra top piece and the heigh of the shoe in the middle, i'd say they add at least 3 inches

nah thats not high enough, look at how high the mid section of his shoe is

One of the greatest scenes of all time. I still can't tell if the Rock is supposed to be looking Vin dead in the eyes or not.

there's another shot where they show vin next to the rock

whoever started the meme knew this but people are gullible

In old spy movies, they usually stand like that to prevent photos from showing both their respective faces.

1.83 m = 6'
1.74 m = 4'11"

Zodiac, though he is a supporting character.

>tfw 5'9"

love being tall

>tfw i can store things on top of cabinets

>manlet wolverine
Sorry to break it for you
Hugh Jackman set the bar high you can't get inferior wolverine

>i'm not a manlet
Bet you're 5'10

That cosplayer is in heels will you faggot leave them alone

im 6'4 sweetie

OP's image is probably forced perspective. Look at the size of RDJ's head!

Ben looks 15 years younger, Hamm hasn't aged a day.

6'4 is the manlet of lanklets

He is a smart guy.

Is he going to develop chronic tendinitis in his achilles or other ankle issues from wearing these types of shoes?

I'm worried about RDJ's long term health, bro's.

i bet youve never been to a height meeting before

Is that REALLY intended to look like a face-to-face shot in the context of the scene? I just can't believe professionals thought it looked convincing.

6'3 so i'd be too intimidated to go

Groundbreaking new technology called "step stool."

Wheres that pic where Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom are standing on a rail for the group photo, or RDJ on his tippy toes

This shot always makes me want to get inside the head of the filmmaker. They had to realize how small the rock looks compared to vince here right?

That must be so emasculating. And wimmin complain about directors asking them to wear padded bras.

No, the Rock is stepping past him, stops for that exchange as they're level with each other, then continues forward into the building.

delete this roight now

Somehow I just chant feel sorry for Clooney despite his manletism.

It's okay to shit on manlets because women are in charge and women don't like manlets.

Kek thanks

smdh at all the blatant heightism in this thread

How many actors out there are even that tall to begin with?

It gets sadder with every new picture I see

spot the insecure mental manlet

He's the richest guy in the picture though

sure. he still stand on his tippy toes in his pink shoes

Isn't Rock legit tall though? Guy played Linebacker in college and had a potential NFL career before he got injured and no one in the NFL wants a small Linebacker

Just realized its been years since I've watched Tommy.

Chaplin is pretty good.

Arnold and
Dolph.

Most pro wrestlers are pretty huge, and more than a few are former football stars.

I hate to ask but people are just meming about this being forced perspective right

arnold 6' and dolph 6'4".
The rock is 6'3"

Yeah the point is that Vin is a manlet

Isn't Depp like 5'11?

Their inability to learn is outstanding

I always heard hes 5'9 even though says hes 5'10

depp definetly lies about his height, hes 5'9 at best

nice kicks

RDJ must've been so relieved when they casted mini manlet Holland as Spider-Man

What were they thinking

Why is Little Bobbie's head so damn huge? He's like 1.7 m IRL without the lifts and yet his head is bigger than Roger's, who is 1.83.