"Spider-man" working title

>"Spider-man" working title
>open world game
>The game will be its own universe with its own original story
>not an origin story, but features an experienced Spider-man
>the design of the suit has a reason behind it and "everything on it has a purpose and a function"
>they want to expand his traversal possibilities and explained that the coffee shop scene was fully controlled, not cinematic
>"traversal and movement will be a significant part of what makes the combat unique"
>swinging is based on physics, gave example that in order to swing after an enemy vehicle turning a right corner your web has to be attached to the right building instead of the left
>"The best stories are when Spider-man's and Peter Parker's worlds collide"
>they want the story to be integral and tie into the gameplay beyond what any previous game has done
>"really want to push the Peter Parker side" using intelligence to further gameplay but no details on how that would play
>Marvel Games' new mandate is 'Make epic games,' and Spider-Man is just the beginning

Sources:

polygon.com/e3/2016/6/14/11937012/marvel-games-aaa-spider-man-insomniac-games-jay-ong

facebook com/insomniacgames/videos/vb.91127584852/10154301781914853/?type=2&theater

youtube.com/watch?v=Jjoq7snv24I&feature=youtu.be&t=3h16m46s [Open]
Its time to get hype Sup Forums
This is the Spider Man game that we have been waiting for.

not buying unless they release dlc suits to use instead that garbage suit

The game probably has alternatives already. Probably even tweaking parts of the suit itself, since they serve a "purpose and a function"

If there is a Marvel Game Universe like the MCU so must be more games being worked exclusive for PS4, I'm almost sure that Sucker Punch is working in Avengers game with Cap, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, BWidow, Hawkeye, Falcon, War Machine,.. Maybe even Ant-Man, Black Panther and Iron Man in the Hulkbuster armor.

>I'm almost sure that Sucker Punch is working in Avengers game with Cap, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, BWidow, Hawkeye, Falcon, War Machine,.. Maybe even Ant-Man, Black Panther and Iron Man in the Hulkbuster armor.
Nice source man

Thanks!

Looks cool but I won't get a ps4 for that. I'm not a big gamer and my pc already fulfills me.

>Marvel Games' new mandate is 'Make epic games,' and Spider-Man is just the beginning
Fucking finally.

Can you imagine a good open world iron man game if this one turns out to be as good as it sounds?

based on the trailer, Negative Man is the villain yea?

For at least a portion of it, seems like it yeah.

I've been thinking of getting a PS3 but if this is good, I might get the PS4

>explained that the coffee shop scene was fully controlled, not cinematic
This scene? Why would anyone think otherwise, it's not impressive or cinematic

They mean that you control the character throughout the room and not that you go in from one side and the game takes control away from you until you reach the other side.

Maybe you have as much control as you did in Assasins creed going through buildings and it's just pre-scripted movement once you're past the window.

I don't know about the newest AC but at least with the French one, you could control the assassin once you jumped into the window and had full control in the room.

However it's vastly different from what Insomniac claims since that is a lot more movement and just general interactivity with the room than AC provides.

>tables falling over
>people moving out of the way
>dat glass breaking
>general spidey movement instead of just running on top of the tables

I can't remember the last one I played to know what I'm thinking of. Maybe Black Flag?

You entered the window, controls are taken from you and he goes through the building, and they give you back the controls

The amount of detail on the clip makes me think it's scripted as well, but who knows.

>mfw I bought a ps4 over a year or two ago
>Only had 1 game on it
>This E3, have like 5 games I want to try now
Bless you Sony

I think that's black flag yeah. French one came out after that one and it gives you control running through windows.

I'm not sure how much control you have in the newest one.

Yeah, so if Insomniac does managed to provide that level of detail in the actual gameplay, then I'd for sure get it

It was called Disney Infinity.

>linking to polygon
So this is why they call you Sup Forumsmblr

As long as the fucking swinging works like spiderman 2 with actual weight and arcs and shit I don't give a fuck. Literally no other game has replicated that

honestly, if the swinging is at least WoS-tier, i'm down

fuck the ASM games, those are just a mess and might as well just be shovelware

WoS had good slinging. The problem was having shitty collectibles.

Take a page from Crackdown and have agility orbs or something.

Also Ultimate Spiderman still has my favourite spidey voice actor.

That's 3 and it was shit

>talking shit about AC3
The in-door stuff did suck, though.

Yeah I think that might have been 3.

Story was so shit, but I really liked the environment outside the city.

The snow engine and the tree-jumping engine were pretty great at the time.

I actually really liked AC3's story, but I'll admit that's because I did all the side stuff. If you only do the main missions then Connor comes across as a boring dick.

Plus the cut his big impassioned speech near the end to his father's grave.

The whole game felt so empty and jumped the time too much. It needed focus.

Also, when is that game series going to go somewhere different than the same 200 year span?

The whole framing device they've got is so good for them to just keep exploring similar times.

The first one was the most different.

The first one had a really interesting setting but it's actual mechanics got annoying.

I'll agree that AC3 jumped around a lot. You can tell they cut a lot of it to make the 2012 release date. Which is a shame, because the game is damn fun when you're exploring and skulking around the frontier. The tree running was fun and felt good to do, which was important.

AC3 had a lot of good ideas hindered by a shortened dev cycle. It makes me mad that because of it's initial lukewarm reception that it's been shelved for good. Especially because it's become a fan favourite these days.

Honestly, if you want a more polished AC3 in a similar setting then grab AC: Rogue. There's no main frontier but the ocean content more than makes up for it.

Plus it still has AC3's brutal combat.