New 52 Superman

If he wasn't the real Superman, who was he?

The Superman who sold the world

A grown up Kon-El.

Time remnant?

conner

Wait what I though new 52 supes was still supes he just died and post crisis supes took over?

Nope new 52 is the same as pre flashpoint just minus 10 years. Since pre flashpoint clark and lois skipped the years being taken out they had to be replaced

Kal-L. Reposting the explanation from another thread:
>Pre-crisis
Kal-El on E1, Kal-L on E2
>Crisis on Infinite Earths
Every Earth but E1 is destroyed, Kal-L survives by entering a pocket universe, Kal-El remains on E1 now E0.
>Post-crisis
Kal-El (E0)
Kal-L (pocket universe)
>Infinite Crisis
Kal-L (pocket universe/pre-crisis E2) enters E0. 52 Earths are created in the aftermath, one of those Earths is a new Earth-2
>post-IC
Kal-El and Kal-L on E0
Kal-L2 is born on the new Earth-2
>New 52
Multiverse gets rebooted. Kal-El gets taken to pocket universe/the Blood Moon immediately before reboot happens so he is left uneffected. Kal-L becomes New 52 E0 Kal-El. Kal-L2 becomes New 52 E2 Kal-L.
>Rebirth
Kal-L (now New 52 Kal-El) dies and is replaced by post-crisis Kal-El who had never gotten rebooted because Braniac took him to the Blood Moon.

So:
>Kal-L
Pre-Crisis E2 -> Avoids reboot via Pocket Universe -> Post-Crisis E0 -> Reboot -> New 52 E0
>Kal-El
Pre-Crisis E1 -> Reboot -> Post-crisis E0 -> Avoids reboot via Blood Moon -> New 52 E0
>Kal-L2
Post-Crisis E2 -> Reboot -> New 52 E2

Like the Nirvana song?

Another Supes.

Alternate reality Lex Luthor with a head full of hair.

The medic in the helicopter.

I like David Bowie's cover better desu

STANDING

What if he IS Superman? As in Post-Crisis Superman only exists now due to getting plucked out of time and New 52 is himself after the reboot hit. Something might happen with Post-Crisis at some point causing him to either go back to where he should be or merge with New 52 Clark who lost his powers, probably something similar with the two versions of Lois too probably dying into New 52 Lois also dying, I don't know.

I could be completely wrong, gotta remember we were told BOTH Supermen aren't what they think they are.

David Bowie can't cover The Man Who Sold the World since he wrote it.

Couldn't. Shit, now I'm depressed.

Chris Kent

Don't forget how Convergence undid the multiverse destruction and it's infinite again.

Wait so is the character from all the Superman comics in the New 52 up to this point not the real superman?

What kind of Jackal shit is this? If I had been an invested reader I'd be pissed off.

I think it's just the post-Convergence Nu52 Superman that was a fake.

Someone's gotta sit down and make a handy flow chart with pictures of this.

I think that's kind of dumb, but whatever.

Blame Superfags, they got assblasted at the reboot and didn't like New 52 for replacing the previous version of Superman. One of the biggest arguments are based on New 52 Clark being an edgelord based on things such as the first arc of Justice League and Morrison's Action Comics. Most of it was in flashback stuff with Superman when he was new to Metropolis and about 20-21 years old. People didn't like Superman having traces of being cocky and sometimes brash instead of purely being Christoper Reeves Superman all the time.

And just like that you had to remind me.

Primetime

It's all just theories, people who hate him say that he's a fake, we actually don't know what's happening with the Supes.

Wait and see.

>New 52
>invested

You would've had it coming.

Wouldn't it make more sense for Kal-L to be New 52 E2 Kal-El?

Batman, sometimes Flash or Green lantern.

Yes, this is still slightly confusing to follow and not sure on how you get to everything. Agree with about someone making a chart

He was 'a' real Superman created for n52

New 52 E2 Kal-El seems like a version of the Pre-FP Superman. His parents are/were alive, for starters. And plus his name is Kal-El instead of Kal-L.

I'm thinking of doing one but if anyone else wants to do it first go ahead.

IT WAS ME BARRY! I WAS THE SUPERMAN! I MADE THE JOKES AT YOUR EXPENSE!

>EVERY TIME YOU SAW A GROUP OF GIRLS LAUGHING IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE, THEY WERE LAUGHING AT YOU! BECAUSE OF ME! I TOLD THEM YOUR DICK WAS AN INNIE!

More of a Superman than this bully that replaced him.

Which is exactly what the post-crisis fags said when the New 52 happened. It's funny how history repeats with DC

>he was a senior superman
>he became a junior superman

C E R A M I C S
E
R
A
M
I
C
S

The dead Superman was Bruce Willis the whole time

Wait wait I'm confused
SO New52 Superman wasn't the real New52 Superman?
Then who the fuck died?!

The Medic

We don't know outside of both New 52 Superman and Post-Crisis apparently not being what they think they are. A lot of people are talking it as New 52 is fake but it could be anything, maybe even the other way around if they were ballsy. They could even be the same guy for all we know

Already exists, senpai.

Superfags were buttblasted that Superman was an actual character now instead of space Jesus, and DC ended up doing damage control. It's messy and ugly.

It's either real Superman, or at least not because of existence of other Supes.

The theory that it's not real Superman, because pre-Flashpoint Supes ended up under the dome doesn't have sense.

We had pre-Zero Hour characters taken - yet the same characters underwent ZH and ended up in universe changed by it. The same happened with Infinite Crisis, and with Flashpoint.

For it to make any sense cities under the domes and characters under it have to be some divergent versions that don't undergo reality changing events.

Post-Flashpoint Superman isn't fake because of existence of Post-Infinite Crisis Superman, because in this case Lois would be fake too, Dick would be fake, Damian would be fake, Renee would be fake etc.

The "S" stands for STANDING

I was upset that Snyder's Batman was a stubborn fool, but they haven't done anything about that!

The caveman

?

*STRANDING

>Dick would be fake, Damian would be fake, Renee would be fake etc.
Everyone besides Superman, Lois and Parallax Hal were sent to their own times at the end of Convergence.

I'LL KEEP COMING

Do wait does this mean new 52 batman is a copy too? That pre flashpoint batman still exist somewhere?

No, we don't know if even New 52 Superman is a copy/fake/whatever either. It's not explained yet

Eh, blame MoS for this. The hate to MoS spread to Nu52

MoS also tried to be Space Jesus though. They didn't have any success but they tried.

Oh, I forgot that, I love how this makes shit have even less sense.

Still, then Hal would be fake.

Okay, do we know where the pre flashpoint supes came from in the new52 verse?
Was he always there?
Did he get transported at some point?

He got sent here at the end of Convergence and has been hiding since the New 52 League formed

The creation of Mr.Myxzptk. Didn't you read Morrison's Action Comics?

what the shit

I do not know..

But it was enough SUPPER to leave behind my idea that Superman is boring ..

Now it's boring again with superdad.

FAINTLY

Snyder's joker.

BOSS!

What does Snyder or the DCEU take on Superman have anything to do with New 52 Superman?

you're such a fucking casual i fucking swear

I know you're going to bring up the New 52 being DC trying to make the DCU resemble movies they had in the works for the future but are you telling me that they didn't distance him from it at all? They act differently

Nevermind, I didn't notice it was "joker" and not "joke"

"Which one?"

Kon?

No idiot Scott Snyder the one who wrote most of new 52 Batman.

>Kal-L becomes New 52 E0 Kal-El
and how exactly does he get de-aged from an old AF Superman and lose his memories

> there are trains in 800,000 AD that move backwards

N52 Supes bored the pants off me with predicatable "muh edgy" garbage

Superdad is optimistic, wholesome, and interesting, oh and he has flaws as Action proved with his self-righteousness getting him in trouble with Lex

That train is being pushed backwards by the Cave-man of Steel.

Did you hate Morrison's Action Comics? There's nothing really "edgy" about New 52 Superman from 2013 onward either.

>"muh edgy"
nice buzzword
Do you have any proof that he was "edgy"

Can you back this up with evidence?

Because it seems to me that, in the same way that while Kal-L2 was created on the new E2 following Infinite Crisis, and the original remained on E0, a new Kal-El would be created on E0 because of Flashpoint and Kal-El1 being out of time.

Notice that all other pre-Flashpoint characters trapped during Convergence didn't just stop existing on E0.

Am I making sense?

To elaborate, I'm saying that New 52 Superman is Kal-El2.

First post best post.

With the "you're not who you think you are" thing they're doing with post crisis Supes I'm getting the impression N52 supes is Kal-El and "Post crisis" is someone else with actual post crisis supes' memories.

Could only imagine how angry that'd make post-crisis fans or those people who like Jonathan for whatever reason

The butthurt would be GLORIOUS

Not to be an OT super dick, but this whole topic is a perfect example of why Big 2 comics can't get new readers.
Reading Valiant, I'm amazed at being able to just read a good story about a person with superpowers. I've gotten so used to every story being a thinly veiled effort to correct some obscure continuity error or make adjustments to the status quo that just reading a straight story is surprising.

Who gives a shit whether Earth-B8 Superman was saved from the Gooey Kablooey by the Axis of Metaversity? Why can't we just have Superman being Superman on a level that is actually genuinely engaging?

Didn't Prime KILL Kal-L in Infinite Crisis?

>Why can't we just have Superman being Superman on a level that is actually genuinely engaging?
Because edgelords and hipsters don't think that's cool enough. Superman has to be either an asshole or ironic due to circumstance.

All the other characters from Convergence went back to be changed in Flashpoint. Superman, Lois, and Parallax Hal are exceptions (and maybe COIE Kara and Barry but we haven't seen where they ended up and it might just be ignored).

Yes and his body was on Earth-0 at that point. He was in Blackest Night and everything.

I don't think Superman should be an asshole but I don't mind if he's cocky or something once in a while just like earlier depictions of the guy. People need to stop throwing a fit because he's not always a saint.

It wasn't even because he wasn't a saint. It was mostly just people not liking certain aspects of the status quo. A minority of people freaked out because he was mischaracterized in Justice League and thought that's how he was going to act in every book without actually reading his ongoings but they don't really matter.

I'm not talking about tone. If Superman's gritty or goofy, it doesn't bother me. I'm talking about continuity worship.
Obsession with continuity is what makes Big 2 comics so much worse than most other long-form narratives.
Creating Earth 2 back in the 50s was the beginning of this problem. Instead of just saying "Yeah the characters are different and it doesn't totally make sense, but its a good story", we had to have this scifi metafiction explanation of why it isn't the 30s anymore.
A better route would be to just treat it all the way we do mythology and appreciate the broad strokes of the overall narrative instead of obsessing over minutia.

So much longform fiction has done so much better than Marvel and DC:
1. Doctor Who has been on TV and in spinoffs, books, comics, and audios for over 50 years and contradicts itself in countless ways, but just doesn't let that get in the way of telling a good story.
2. Soap operas and comics like Erik Larsen's Savage Dragon allow time to pass naturally. Legacy characters and a consistent tone allow a status quo to be maintained over decades without freezing the characters in time.
3. Myths and series like Mad Max or Star Wars are consistent in each entry but not always with each other and simply acknowledge that they're stories and they will naturally be told inconsistently over time and by different people.

Any of these approaches would make Marvel and DC miles better.

Punished Kal
A Hero denied by his publisher

I can't agree with your opinion but I don't really see how this is much different from Dr Who anyway. Fans there like certain Doctors more than others there just like how comic fans like certain continuities more than others.

What about those of us who don't care that much about superheroes as a genre and are mostly here for the things they overlap with and like the appeal of such a massive interconnected world where anything can happen and has tons of history? Trying to fix things like Earth-2 (which is great if we;re talking pre-crisis) just creates clusterfucks like Crisis on Infinite Earths which I'd argue DC didn't really recover from until the 2000s or so...which didn't last as we "rebooted" again.

It was Magneto

Don't you mean New 52 Superman is Xorn's evil twin pretending to be Magneto pretending to be Xorn pretending to be Superman because....reasons???....

Thanks, kohai.

Because shit that changes the uni/multi/whateververse are big events that they think sell comics with the added bonus of giving them an in universe reason to relaunch everything and have them start at issue #1 again, which they think having a "#1" on the cover helps sell comics.