13 Hours

What did Sup Forums think of this movie? Is it based, or just a generic Michael Bay-tier explosion showcase?

Other urls found in this thread:

pubfilm.com/13-hours-the-secret-soldiers-of-benghazi-2016-full-hd-pubfilm-free.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was well paced action. Bay used the information from the actual contractors that survived. Hillary called these people liars to their faces.

It was actually fantastic. Pretty restrained as far as a Bay movie goes, and the guys who were actually there worked with him to make sure he got a lot of the little details right. Characters were well developed (or at least as developed as they could be in a 2 hour movie), made me care about what happened to them, and the action was entertaining and gripping when it needed to be. 8/10.

Thanks, anons.

Is the film libtard-triggering?

It was actually really good, especially for a Bay film. My view of him turned around after I saw Pain & Gain, which is 100% kino.

My only issue is that towards the end of the film, they're all bearded men wearing tactical gear covered in dirt. When some guy got hit by a mortar, I literally didn't know which one of them it was. Turns out two people died but they both looked so similar I didn't notice. That might just be me watching it half cut at 3 in the morning, though.

Also I loved the first person shots, when he's mowing down ragheads with his 249 and similar shit, gave me flashbacks to that Doom movie that had an FPS scene but this wasn't total cringe and was well done.

>Bay used the information from the actual contractors that survived.

Source? Michael Bay has been criticized for basically every "based on a true story" movie he's ever made for going largely against what actually happened, and not consulting with those actually involved.

I liked it. I would watch it again.

Watch some of the behind the scenes clips on youtube. The actors actually trained with the guys who were there.

Not him, but I'm pretty sure it's based on their memoirs.

It's very apolitical, though. Just shows you what happens from the perspective of the people involved, which is partially why it got shit on by everyone.

Right wingers hated it because it didn't have Hillary sitting in a smoke filmed room laughing at the Americans as they died, and left wingers hated it solely on the fact it's based on the Benghazi attacks (and it's an American war fim, we can't be having any of that)

It was a pretty good movie. Reminded me of Black Hawk Down a bit with its aesthetics. Michael Bay has a great way of making you feel patriotic. Lots of shots of flags waving and military guys standing all cool like.

Besides that though I thought he handled the issue of the movie pretty well and he was dropping hints all throughout the movie about the incompetency/negligence of the Obama admin.

bretty gud desu, it's no black hawk down but still totally decent.

Apparently one of the guys killed was playing EVE online when it started

Average movie with a pointless story. I know why Hilldog gave zero fucks. That scene with the mother going through the drive thru whole skyping her husband. I cringed

Yeah, that's confirmed. He said something like "g2g, gunshots outside" or some shit as it was kicking off.

They had some autistic funeral proceeding in-game with a load of people as well.

>Reminded me of Black Hawk Down a bit with its aesthetics.

Watching it now, definitely has a BHD look to it, yeah.

I don't get it. Wasn't that like a tiny 3 second scene near the beginning of the movie that was unimportant to the story? Seems like a stupid thing to cringe over.

The cliche 'muh family' scene don't ruin it but they are the weakest part of a good movie.

To be honest it was one of my only sticking points of the film, the whole gf back at home shit they have to force into everything (it's why I can't rewatch We Were Soldiers, half that film is horseshit like that)

There's one part of the film where he's in the middle of a gunfight and drops what he's doing to send a fucking vlog to his wife, and in literally the next scene he's talking about how he's ashamed because during that gunfight he never thought about his family at home, or something along those lines.

Just a glaring continuity error.

Kek you're right that was terrible.

>WE WANT MCDONALDS! WE WANT MCDONALDS! WE WANT MCDONALDS!

[This is what Americans really believe]

Link for any of you faggots who haven't seen it. I enjoyed it overall, [spoiler]Just triggered they're playing Advanced Warfare on an Xbox One an entire year before release.[/spoiler]
pubfilm.com/13-hours-the-secret-soldiers-of-benghazi-2016-full-hd-pubfilm-free.html

Pretty based movie. Decent, principled soldiers hold off a literal horde of barbarians from killing/raping everybody.

I actually expected this to be a Clinton Foundation sponsored whitewashing of history

Is it not? Is it honest about the details?

It's really apolitical. It's just about the guys who were there and what they went through. They mention how "we heard the reason for all this was some anti-Muslim movie", but they never even mention Hillary directly.

>"we heard the reason for all this was some anti-Muslim movie"
And then they laugh about it or what? I mean, its blatantly false

not a majorly political movie, but i'd say it falls one the based side of the line.

About halfway through and it seems to be fairly apolitical, yes. There will always be some disagreement on what happened anytime you have multiple people who went through some crazy traumatic event like this, but I think on the whole it's on-point.

It's a very good movie, no propaganda, no political bullshit.

The people involved said it was very well done, which should tell you something.

It would have been better if Michael Mann directed it.

Hillary's most memorable and defining soundbite from her losing primary campaign against Barack was about being able to handle this type of situation.

Just finished watching this film. Why the fuck isn't Hillary in jail after this film came out since it's fucking video recording proving that Benghazi was literally her fault?