How does he always do it?

How does he always do it?

How in the fuck, I thought this was projected to be a catastrophic flop?

I liked it

>implying the reviewers weren't trying to tank this Kino to subtlety shill for their political darling (WOnder Woman)

Do not believe what you read on the internet.

He's finally beginning to look kinda old. I guess even Xenu's powers have limits.

Sup Forums

hes a good actor

People like tom cruise
People like the first 2 mummy movies.
Its not like hes less charismatic than Brendan Fraser.

In this case I really have to wonder because this looks like absolute shit and no none gives a fuck about a Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe (tm)

It is domestically. Asians are eating it up and I have no idea why

The Chinese saving an awful flick again

Globally popular actor + action + CGI = chinkbux

NO
I repeat
NO
Lemme say it again
NOOOOOOO
BOMB
TOMMMMMMMMMMMM

HIGHWAY TO THE DANGER ZONE

the reason for all the SJW shill threads from reddit was because it was the day before the box office numbers of the mummy being released

they knew this, so they spun a narrative that the movie was going to flop, the most narrative based damage they could do at the last possible second

quite literally the epitome of fake news

I don't understand how chinese people have such bad taste

I really wish China would go back to being a totalitarian state that banned all Western media. I don't want to live the rest of my life having to deal with this shit.

CAN'T BRUISE THE CRUISE

>movies Murricans will never understand

Speak for yourself. Cruise never fails to disappoint.

>unironic redditor post who legitimately believes "this shit" is the white man

reverse weebs

He keeps his thetans in check

It is in the states

How do you guys know it's bad if you haven't seen it?

Were you people actually scared by Mummy with Brendan Fraser?

Just saw it today

It was pretty good. It seems to have a VERY HEAVY Rami influence because there were many intentional Dark Comedy/Campy moments.

I don't really understand what the fuck critics problem is, other than easy dismissal because of remake.

Critically I'd give it like a 6.5/10, but it was entertaining.

I really hate Jerkyll/Hyde parts though. It's just not going to work. They REALLY should have done him first because honestly he feels tacked on as fuck. His Hyde gets completely overshadowed in power by Amunet and he barely seems like a threat.

Jack reacher 2 was pretty disappointing after JR1, the edge of tomorrow and Oblivion.

The Mummy was fucking fun to be honest. Laughed the entire time, action was cool, and the ending was really badass I thought

Better movie than all other big budget stuff I've seen all year

Why do chinks like shitty action movies so much?

>chosing boring generic blonde over ancient Egyptian goddess
Shit taste

>I don't really understand what the fuck critics problem is
There's a big DISCONNECT between the critics and the FANS ;)

I fucking loathed the ending once they get back to base after Cruz flees (Felt like a really long post credit scene)

However I don't get how reviewers are claiming it lacks camp when there are intentionally campy scenes throughout

They haven't grown tired of the cliche Hollywood blockbuster yet.

Because Cruise is amazing.

The guys is 2 feet tall yet no one can make a character as intense as him.

Yeah I was surprised dude because I thought it would be a "serious horror movie" but its just fun and goofy and everyone seems to play their roles with pure shlock, esp Crowe who hammed it up so hard

and idk man, I thought the fact that Tom and the guy from New Girl are undead bros going on an adventure was neat. I loved his "Mummy armor".

will he make a cameo?

I donno what it was, but maybe the ending just dragged on too long. I liked that part too, but I was just done.

I think it would have been 100x better if they just had Crowe tell her that he will be back in the tomb, and then cut to the desert scene and then end. The Crowe monologue was too much

He's still on a time out for being box office poison a few years ago. Give it another decade

It was a bad movie. I was disappointed and angry that I wasted money on this. That being said it was better than the third mummy, if only kinda. NO it wasn't. I felt like I was watching The Force Awakens all over again.

The scene where Cruse uses Hyde's hand to try and escape, only for it to register as Hyde's instead of Jekyll's was a nice touch

It's probably sad but I don't expect that level of detail (Also known as the bare fucking minimum) from Hollywood anymore

Ah yeah, I get what you're saying. I still loved the shot of them taking off on horseback, him with the black horse, and the storm following.

What I didn't understand though was
Why Cruise and Princess Ahmunet were fighting over the dagger at the end, why it mattered if she stabbed him or if he stabbed himself since the result was the same?

That was awesome. That whole scene was just great. If you go on Tom's twitter you can see them filming that fight scene and they're both having a blast

I really don't know desu.

It's either

1. Ahmunet stabbing him would have completed a ritual where the God of Death (Forgot his name) would have gotten complete control

2. Neither of them knew Cruz would have some control post stabbing, and then Cruz did himself in because he knew he knew it was inevitable

3. Lazy writing

they literally eat dogs boiled in piss. of course they have bad taste

My friend had suggested that

Ahmunet would have had control over him if SHE stabbed him since it was her ritual, and that Set entering the body would have been bound her control, but since Cruise did it to himself it gave HIM the power of Set without being hers

But, desu, tfw no Mummy gf

And yet numbers have already proven this wrong

>no mummy gf

How do we fix China?

Sounds reasonable. Also Tom cracked the magic stone beforehand.

It's a huge flop and a terrible movie

Christ she was so fucking thicc

I wanted to nut in her in Star Trek Beyond but this was overdrive

That makes the most sense to me as well. That is my going theory now

in the last jack reacher movie it looked like the used cgi on his face on any stand still part

Doesn't help I'm a sucker for sexy monster girls

Figured out why it has a 17%
>What it does have is whole lot of Tom Cruise, and a Mummy whose motivation feels very, very problematic.

>The movie is problematic because it's a woman eating men's souls (a literal MANEATER!), and she is obsessing over a male

Also known as gender swapped 1999 Mummy

Come on I know we want this to be a meritocracy but there might be some dope flicks in the Dark Universe, like Invisible Man or Dr. Jekyll, maybe its okay that China carries this and maybe somehow we'll get some kino.

Quads confirm but damn I have typed way better opinions then that and got no quads.

>Tfw no mummy gf

chinese have no taste and just mindlessly consume American action movies en masse

This.
TC choosing Botoxed up whore instead of mummy qt 3.14 was when the movie jumped the shark

>ywn EVER be her sex slave

JUST

XENU
E
N
U

>ancient Egyptian mummy will never obsses over you and make you her chosen one
Why is real life so dull and boring

Keking at the DC marketers campaign against this the past week desu

I didn't look up the score until after I saw it and I'm pretty damn surprised it's only at 17%. It's not a great movie by any means, but it's certainly no worse than Iron Man 2 and 3, any Thor movie, Ant Man, etc. Wtf is going on, I'm seriously confused?

>CAN'T BRUISE THE CRUISE
I hope it does well enough for other Dark Universe kino

They really should have gone with that, or it's just MAH HUMANITY overwhelms SET

Based Tommy

This has been going on since online reviewers/bloggers have been put on the same footing as physical publications. I doubt many of them are capable of critiquing a movie based on technical achievement, much less being exposed to enough media to properly rate a narrative. Besides, many people working in the entertainment industry and the media that covers it all have their own agenda to push, in both directions.

If anything, it's almost exactly like Brendan's mummy and not really 100% gritty like the trailer implies
>mfw Cruise is in god mode now and will lead the dark universe monsters

Mixture of Remake/"Extended Universe" exhaustion, critics just not giving a fuck about seeing what is good about it/many people are offended that it is sexist against women since the plot "boils" down to woman needing a strong man

>Universal Monster Cinematic Universe

scientology shill thread

They didn't liked ghostbusters.

ajua! estoy usando el forchán!

This was more enjoyable that wonderwan to be honest

I believe Ghostbusters was banned in China because the have a law against supernatural shit in movies.

sounds like they pulled a drag me to hell bait and switch. i'm still pissed...

so this.. is the power of scientology

He is though, ironically. The script for his character, anyway. Russell Crowe out-acts him so hard it's not even funny.
Now I'm no huge fan of Tom Cruise, but they showed a preview for his Narcos cash grab and all I could think is "Damn I wish I was watching that movie instead".

The best part of The Mummy is the ending, and I don't mean that as a joke. The ending (along with the Hyde sequence) was the best part, and was somewhat atypical.

>so they spun a narrative that the movie was going to flop
Oh, "the narrative".
They say it was gonna bomb in the US because US media only gives a shit about the US. And guess what, it's boming pretty fucking hard over there.
It's only making big numbers in Asia.

>Guns
>Shooting
>Jihad
>Missiles
>More Shooting
>Sexual Overtones
>Tom Cruise talking about his orgasm
>Shooting
>Spiders
>Uncharted 3 costumes
>Shouting
>General Asshole Behavior
>Naked Womans
>Implied Ritualistic Sex Sacrifice
>Explicit Ritualistic Sex Sacrifice
>Possession
>Stabbing
>Shooting
>Dead Bodies
>Naked Cruise
>Hallucinations
>CGI Rats
>Talking
>Shouting
>>Mummy/Zombies show up
>>Grandparents scurry the grandchildren out of the theater

>the mummy

tfw my mummy died 15 years ago

they eat dogs user

The media is barely reporting this because they are hungry to see WW destroy it. Cold manipulative motherfuckers.

2016:
Women to defeat white male in election.

2017:
Wonder Woman to defeat white male in box office

OOOOHHHHH

He's short like the asians

>Will have a better box office than Alien Covenant
Can't bruise the Cruise

Tom Cruise in a movie written and directed by James Camron

Predict the total box office

Funny isnt it? An actual talented actress like Sofia isnt getting praised and instead Gadot is for WW when Sofia surely put more effort into her role

>How does he always do it?

Charisma

The Mummy is about a woman who killed for selfish power. SJWs want a moral goody good woman for young girls so they will praise WW

They love household name actors like Jackie Chan, and Tom Cruise is about as household as American names can get over there.

No. Tom Cruise is able to control the powers because "love." There's a moment where it seems like Set is going to overpower him and take control, and then Tom Cruise look at Love Interest and thinks about her and is able to fight back and regain control of himself. He then kills Ahmunet, preventing her from helping Set take over him. Keep in mind Tom Cruise barely knows Love Interest in this story and has no chemistry with her but they're in love because the script says.

>when she jumps on cruise for the first time and starts molesting him

they are world building and setting up for a sequel. as if the blatant shot of the vampire skull wasn't banal enough.

This movie isnt terrible. It just has a bad second act where the humor fails like thay bathroom scene that should have been cut.

Otherwise first act was fun before the plane scene, Russel Crowe was actually really suited as Dr Jeykle and Tom Cruise and Sofia Boutella together had some good scenes otherwise the dialogue was bad and Cruise wasnt directed well.

Not Cruise's fault but he seemed to deliver the same expression of "puzzlement" in the second act when talking with Dr Jeykle and others. The director should have got him to give more of an engagement with the acting there otherwise that scene when Cruise's character yells at them to stop torturing the Mummy was really good after she tries to seduce him.

This had potential but unfortunately has many weak spots.

Really liked the scene when the Mummy kills those soldiers in the tunnel and how a close up of her screaming face is shown in darkness with the gunfire being the only light. Movie needed more of the Mummy being scary

he cracked the gem before he stabbed himself.

>mfw those nude scenes
How did they allow this in a PG 13 film?