I don't get it

I don't get it,
Now Kujan knows Roger 'Verbal' Kint is Keyser Soze...

What exactly did he get away with?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w8zOlr8ncmY
youtube.com/watch?v=3OLIgEua4PU
youtube.com/watch?v=keth0g3CMK4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

"And my guess is, you'll never hear from him again"

Something along those lines. He escaped with plans to never be seen again.

>summer baby tries to watch kino
lel

more like oldfag finally getting around to posting this question because I just happen to be watching it at the moment

cool, but Kujan now has his name, face, history, etc. and it's established that the FBI knows who Keyser Soze is, so probably now Verbal is going to become one of the FBI/Interpol's most wanted - i.e., he won't be able to escape anywhere

I think you're underestimating the power of Kesyer Soze.

Or maybe he plans to live in some underground cave banging Kobayashi.

maybe, but it means he's going to have to work completely from the shadows from now on and he's never going to be able to get his hands dirty ever again or risk popping up on some fed's radar

>name, face, history, etc
does he? it's super easy to go unnoticed if you want to disappear. fake beards, sunglasses, and hair extensions are pretty fucking easy to get. and is verbal keyser soze or is keyser soze verbal? and that's the whole premise of the movie. verbal's story is bullshit lie after bullshit lie. kujan has absolutely nothing to go on except his face from a sketch artist. and this is a mid 90's crime heist movie. they don't have facial recognition software. kujan spent hours thinking he had this dude on the ropes and he was going to get oh so sweet justice. only to have verbal take the biggest figurative dump right on his face in the end.

Dude its a movie, kino even, just enjoy it.

nonono
Kujan has WAY more to go on than that - it's established that he knows Verbal prior to the events of the movie (which means Verbal has a criminal record he can access which includes fingerprints from having been through the prison system, etc.) - AND, again, it's established that Keyser Soze is not made up for the sake of Kujan because the FBI dude knows about him and so does the Hungarian!

The FBI/Interpol has this on Verbal:
-name
-face (multiple pictures, including the sketch)
-criminal history
-personal history
-fingerprints
-maybe DNA?
-probably a psychological profile (okay, this might actually be useless)
-medical history
-and probably a bunch of other shit...

even in the 90's this would have been more than enough to track a person down unless they're literally living in a cave in the middle of nowhere with no access to technology and maybe some fanatical religious group supporting their every move? (what I'm saying is, unless he's Osama)

way ahead of you - more than an hour actually at this point

verbal is not keyser soze, you know that right? he's top tier criminal with connections and those connections are directly linked to the turkish boogey man; keyser soze. the only person who knows keyser soze is the guy that got killed on the boat. the hungarian doesn't know keyser soze, he just has the face of a guy who went around killing people on his boat. verbal saved keyser's keister and i'm pretty sure he will never have to be a criminal for the rest of his life. he's earned criminal retirement john wick style. why can't you wrap your head around that?

lol, oh yeah, AND they have probably hours of recorded audio of him speaking - including being in distress when he really goes all out with Kujan in the Keaton scene

if Verbal isn't Keyser Soze then he didn't save anyone's keister - think about that for a second...

and what I mean is - the guy Keyser wanted killed got killed so the Hungarian's sketch wouldn't have meant shit anyway if Verbal wasn't Keyser Soze

not to mention the fact that at the start of the boat investigation Verbal had immunity and had NO reason to talk to Kujan AT ALL (unless he was Keyser Soze trying to make Kujan think Keaton was Keyser Soze - which he failed at because now Kujan and the entire FBI knows)

>exactly
why do you think verbal is so fucking nonchalant about all this. he's not soze. he's not a kingpin. he's an ordinary criminal. the only thing they have on him is being an accessory, which he already posted bail. he's going to disappear and never show face again because he's going to be taken care of by keyser soze for saving soze's ass. he has no fucking worries.

BUT HOW DID HE SAVE SOZE'S ASS!?

he would have done a hell of a lot better by just skipping the fuck out of there after getting immunity if he wasn't Soze and it was Soze who was making sure he had that immunity

probably because he wanted to know what kujan had on him if anything. and all that bullshit he spout told him kujan had jack shit.

>and like that, he was gone.

HE KILLED THE GUY THAT COULD IDENTIFY KEYSER SOZE ON THE BOAT! wtf user?

>7:00
youtube.com/watch?v=w8zOlr8ncmY

see and Kujan has A TON on him

so why talk to the cops?

that complicates things SO MUCH MORE and puts Soze at risk again if Verbal accidentally says the wrong thing in the HOURS they've been interrogating him (even though we see he pretty much lied through the whole thing - that's a pretty big risk to take when you've already gone through the trouble of getting your hitman immunity)

mother fucker you guys are retarded. he has A NAME. he has A FACE. he has FINGER PRINTS. he has HISTORY. but he doesn't have A FUCKING CRIMINAL CHARGE AGAINST HIM YOU FUCKWIT.

except that he's been in jail (not sure if this is relevant to what you're saying)
AND

now Kujan knows he's Keyser Soze!!!

probably because verbal knew that if he plead the fifth they'd try to pry shit out of him otherwise. verbal toyed with kujan for the sake of humoring him. verbal knew that if he distracted kujan long enough his bail would post and he could walk out scott free. and if he did slip up (which he did) he wouldn't be charged with anything because it's not like he's obstructing justice by talking to the cops without a lawyer present. verbal was smart. obviously smarter than you turds.

verbal is not keyser soze.................

he already had bail - Verbal chose to speak with Kujan. there was no waiting, that was a choice

and the risk here isn't being charged with anything - it's the FBI finding out that you're really Keyser Soze!

the movie is pretty clear about this: Verbal is Keyser Soze

if you disagree, fine, but please support this hypothesis because the entire movie points in the other direction (i.e. at Verbal)

>the movie is pretty clear about this: Verbal is Keyser Soze
when does it say directly in the movie that verbal is keyser soze? the only individual that is labeled as being keyser soze is keaton by kujan. VERBAL IS NOT KEYSER SOZE. he doesn't even look turkish. the whole premise of keyser soze is that he's a ghost, a fairy tale criminal's tell their children. keyser soze doesn't exist.
youtube.com/watch?v=3OLIgEua4PU
they were holding his issue papers. they would not release him without a statement. he could have fucked around and had a lawyer come and that would be another face to smother; like edie finneran. verbal not only wanted to fuck with kujan, he was going to throw up so many scents that kujan couldn't track him.
youtube.com/watch?v=keth0g3CMK4

go back and watch the other cop tell Kujan to drop it because of how political the situation is getting. he tells him Verbal has immunity and that the statement has already been given, etc.

and yeah - he's Keyser Soze
go back and watch the whole damn thing because nobody else could be (the turkish story is obviously another part of the story that's a lie)

I thought a dude took the gold maine ... The story is taken from proportion of chitchat being held in Kujan's office how the thing just disappeared. At end of the film, things start revealing by tracking shot of POV, Kujan's, sweeping through his office that makes him realize verbal making te story up from the things that just sit in his office.

he doesn't. the night after the movie ends a swat team pumps him full of lead.
the end

there we go

kevin spacey literally does look turkish though, its just his american accent mannerisms that make him seem un-turkish

>autist ITT pretending that Spacey is not Soze
Must there be such retardation for every single movie? It's even worse than "it was all a dream bro".

seriously, I don't understand how somebody could claim Verbal is not Soze

it's not autism (someone with autism would get that right), it's downright retarded

Most muricans have probably never seen turks and imagine them as greasy kurd caricature.
>mfw German and know this suffering of living with turks

but hot turkish ladies!

then again, greeks are hotter

This. Also, Keyser Soze is only the baddest motherfucker of all time because Verbal says he is. While it's a great tweest for a crime thriller with good dialogue, it's not that smart an ending if we think about it for more than two seconds.

>KEYSER SOZE DOESN'T EXIST YOU FUCKWIT.
why are you making me rage this much. keyser soze is a myth. he doesn't exist. he is a placeholder for whoever is the fucking king pin. like the dread pirate roberts; it's not the same guy. verbal might be the one calling the shots on this operation, but he's not keyser soze. verbal knows they're trying to hold him, but kujan wants to keep him there. he needs a witness against keaton, because he fucking hates keaton. verbal could've had someone come into the station and pull him out, but he didn't need to because he had immunity. he didn't want to risk another witness, so he just had time to kill. there's literally nothing wrong with verbal sitting there spilling the beans on a criminal operation that didn't exist. he was supposed to serve 6 months on weapons charges, and he already posted bail. he just wanted to toy with kujan for insulting him.

OP here,
I'm just going to let the rest of Sup Forums take care of you, I feel like I've done enough

Soze's Turkishness is like Verbal's "crippled" body - old-school crime movie tropes rather than anything more naturalistic. (People in the future will say that in the nineties, "cripple" was still acceptable, but it wasn't, it was jarringly old-school even at the time.) Even taking that into account, we only have Verbal's story to go on for Soze's Turkishness, and in Verbal's story, a blacked-up Pete Postlethwaite has a Japanese name, so who knows?

thank you user

verbal walked though. they can't put up a man hunt under 24 hours on a hunch. they can't track him under 24 hours with the data they have on him. verbal is gone. like a fart in the wind, you're not getting him back. he got into the car with kobayashi and they drove away. they don't have the make of his car, they don't have a plate number, and verbal is not wearing an ankle bracelet. they have verbal's face and his history. he's out of the country within the day. outside of jurisdiction of the nypd and the fbi. by the time his face gets on a desk at interpol, he's in hiding.

see

and

look i'm going to "assume" you think verbal is keyser soze like the movie makes you think that he is. if verbal is keyser soze, don't you think interpol would already have a file on keyser soze. the small time dope dealer that took out an entire wing of hungarian criminals? don't you think that information would have gotten back to the nypd or at the very least immigration. even still they have nothing on verbal. verbal only has a weapon's charge that will bring up a warrant when he doesn't show up for his prison time. they have nothing on verbal, but a hunch from a sketch provided by a hungarian criminal on a boat. verbal is gone. you won't find him ever again.