Brits have bad taste in tea

Why do Brits have the shittiest taste in tea despite being so obsessed with it that they started multiple wars over it? And don't Amerimutt me because I'm drinking tea right now, but I just don't understand the enthrallment with Earl Grey and "English Breakfast Tea." It's not bad, but it's not something I actively want to drink like some oolong teas.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RSW6oDckOjo&t=111s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Earl Grey style teas were literally invented to be a cheap alternative to foreign teas. The blend can be made domestically for a much lower price than going all the way to fucking China or whatever.

As long as it's 'good enough' it can be considered a success. Though I guess people liked it a little too much since we're still drinking it today.

Real bad taste in teas is taking Asian teas and making a grey-style blend out of them.

El abismo negro...

i specifically requested you not to do this.

LA CREATURA HA HABLADO
DIOS MI QUE HORROR

Earl grey is amazing if you get one that isn't cheap and made with flavorings like twinnings teas are. Stash had a very good earl grey a few years ago.

adjectives goes after the noun

WE WUZ TEAS AND SHIET

your spanish is bad

well he's turkish

Believe it or not, I have no hispanic ancestry and the area where I live is 99% white.
Obviously, the same can not be said for you.

i don't have hispanic ancestry though because my parents were both jew immigrants :^)

>I just don't understand the enthrallment with Earl Grey and "English Breakfast Tea.
......because they taste good?

Pic related is the best everyday tea. It's strong and can be made quickly.

My grandmother taught me how to make proper tea. She told me to use loose leaf Darjeeling. The process is exact and about timing and a 'feel' for temperatures at different stages of the brew.

The 'brew' is vital. It's about steeping the leaves. My gran called it 'mashing' in the Yorkshire dialect.

So I'll describe the process:
1. boil water. I use a copper kettle over a flame for tradition, but an electric kettle will do. The quality of the water is important. Water is its basis and different blends of tea can be used in hard or soft water areas. The water in my area is clean enough for a prpoer brew. If in doubt, use bottled spring water from a glass bottle.

2. Prepare the pot. It must be warmed as ceramics absorb and dissipate the heat of the water. So pour some water from the kettle into the pot and roll it around so that the pot is hot to the touch. Then discard the water used to warm the pot.

3. Quickly put the loose leaf tea leaves into the now steaming pot. The general rule is a teaspoon for each person and a spoonful 'for the pot'. This obviously depends on the size of the pot and the number of people.

4. Pour the just boiling water into the pot, then gently circle the pot to agitate the tea leaves.

5. Put the lid on the pot.

6. this step is VERY important. Cover the pot with a tea-cosy. It must be made of sheep wool (best for insulation) and cover the whole pot.(pic related). Sheeps' wool is the best for this as it is a great insulator. Get a female to knit you one. Knitting is woman's work.

7. Let it mash (brew) for 4 minutes. It will not go cold if you have done number 6. Gentle teas such as Earl Grey may take a minute longer. I am basing this guide on loose leaf Darjeeling and Assam. (and my grandmother's directions)

Continued....

Wtf that's fucking disturbing

this ritual seems excessive and not worth doing multiple times a day.
why wouldn't you just use one of pic related

I prefer Assam tea, but I noticed that girls like Earl Grey

>Cover the pot with a tea-cosy
>Get a female to knit you one

very informative, but not possible.....

Wrong pic for everyday tea. Pic is the best quick cuppa. The other pic is a tea-cosy.

8. and this is very controversial, but I'll tell you as to my grandmother's directions. It involves the milk. So brace yourselves....
put the tea in the cup before the milk. NOT after.

9. Use a tea strainer as you are pouring the tea from pot to cup. Bone china is the best and a saucer. Serve with a biscuit.

10 sugar should not be added unless it's an everyday brew. In which case

The whole process takes under 10 minutes to make a proper brew. The above method is for best; an everyday brew could be a teabag bunged into a mug. I'm ex British Army and we had "Nato Standard" - strong and two sugars. It's also what we call "builders' tea".

A proper cup of tea is a sublime elixir. It is the first thing that I greet a guest into my home with. It is warming, healthy, delicious and shows respect to a guest. It can solve problems - anything. The words "nice cup of tea" are about home, hearth, family, friends, civiity.

The power of tea lies in the love into which one crafts the brew.

I put sweetened condensed milk in my tea. I know it's wrong, but I can't help myself

>It is the first thing that I greet a guest into my home with
don't you have to wait for it to cool down to drinkable temperatures though? 90C liquids just burn.

why do brits love tea so much?

Without calling you a mutt I just want to point out that the only tea yanks consume would not leagaly be called tea in the U.K. due to the amount of sugar and artificial flavouring

Also
>oolang>Assam>white tea>earl grey>that Japanese mixture of teas>bubble tea>English breakfast>>>>shit>Turkish/Russian tea>shit and vomit>yank tea

Tea sucks if you don't follow the Gongfu brewing ceremony.

Your ranking is as crooked as your teeth, you have no idea what you're talking about, Nigel.

>the only tea yanks consume
Wrong because I'm drinking this right now.

Unironicly good banter from a German made me laugh
Was invited to one by a Japanese mate from school but he made it seem really fucking boring plus they would all be speaking a foreign language while I would be sitting on my arse staring at em
>some random weeb represents all of yankistan
W o w
O
W

that's actually Chinese tea silly.

Call me a shill but if you're a tea fan, you need to try Daintree tea, used to drink that twinnings shit then went up to North Queensland and bought some of pic related tea fresh from the rainforrest, i order it online now and dont buy any other tea

Australia can into tea

>implying there is a difference

I killed gook lovers like you back in nam’

>iphone filename
didn't read

Melbourne T2 tea is really good desu
I stash as much as I can in my suitcase when ever I go to Australia

For me it's Sussex' own King Cole tea. Best tea in all the British Empire for 108 years.

T2 is shit, alriggt you pommie cunts have 0 (zero) taste in tea, just as the seppo cunt said, designer tea is shit.

Only people who buy T2 are inner-city yuppies

Had some of this the other day. 4/5 pretty good.
Rate

>this ritual seems excessive and not worth doing multiple times a day.
My description is not for an every day cup.

When I get up in the morning, I put the kettle on, stick a teabag into a mug add boiling water stir it, add a small bit of milk, discard the teabag (or let the dog eat it ). It's functional - it gets hot liquid into my body when I'm bleary eyed and cold.

My description is very limited. It's as near as I can get to posting about a 'proper' cup of tea. There is a 'feel' to it that is impossible to describe. It's about selecting good leaves from a good seller, using an amount that is just right, using touch as a temperature guide, knowing the water, and other sensual indications like the colour of the tea, its smell, how well the vessel that you're serving it in takes the heat, and then other factors of decorum and pouring etc.

The pic you posted is for making coffee. It is unsuited for tea as tea needs a different brewing technique. I'd argue that it isn't even a good way to make coffee. Pic related is better for coffee. It's Italian. When I go to Italy, I drink their coffee as British coffee is usually shit. I don't even have coffee in my home. New Zealand coffee is my favourite. They have a 'flat white'. Also Spain with the 'cortado'. Britain and Ireland are tea nations. You won't go far in either country without being offered tea.

youtube.com/watch?v=RSW6oDckOjo&t=111s

Now, go on. You'll stay for a drop of tea, won't you?

you people are autistic
just dump the teabag in the fucking mug, pour over boiling water, wait a bit then chuck the teabag and dump the fucking milk in

>pour the milk in
Fuck off

>It is unsuited for tea as tea needs a different brewing technique.
?

you have to have milk with breakfast tea or it tastes terrible

Best post of 2018 so far
10/10

>Pic related is better for coffee. It's Italian. When I go to Italy, I drink their coffee as British coffee is usually shit.
Bravo guaglione

fug you, don't talk shit about Earl Gray.

its a meme face it.

everything you have to try which becomes the national culture is essentially a meme.

tea is okay,but it depends if you really like it or not. some tea is really good but when its your everyday staple you get bored of it.

Also it stains teeth really badly, THAT is why british teeth are yellow like austin powers. That is not just a meme and if you grow up drinking tea as your main drink, then sorry bong you just have to live with your meme teeth.

Britain has a specialized version of itself that it likes to show the world like every country, the gift shops in london where they sell monty python from the 70s.earl grey tea are a cultivated meme.

cornish tea smugglers tea is a good tea which i liked when i tried it, its a small company from the uk.