Afghan Opium

The heroin epidemic in the US has been a topic of discussion, but I rarely hear the source of 90% of the world's opium (Afghanistan) mentioned in the debate.

Why after over a decade in the region has production continued to rise, and what if anything is the US doing about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FrT-FJAgc0I
worldnewsdailyreport.com/retired-cia-agent-we-run-the-afghan-opium-trade/
infowars.com/isis-burns-cia-opium-fields-in-afghanistan/
nytimes.com/2009/10/28/world/asia/28intel.html
youtu.be/bGzM2b1BaD8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because everybody knew about this years and years ago.

>build wall

And why does it continue unabated? We've cropdusted Columbia and Brazil, Whynot Afghanistan ?

It would weaken the fighters profiting from the trade surely.

It's profitable, it provides a means of exploiting other civilizations (e.g. russia) and it keeps the growing civilizations under money power.

Here's a good general intro
youtube.com/watch?v=FrT-FJAgc0I

I remember lying on the floor watching TV at my parents' house one morning and they had the local news on in case there were weather or traffic problems we were supposed to worry about. One story was finally admitting that indeed the military was guarding the poppy fields after we #rekt Afghanistan. The next story was how big a problem H was in my former home town. But it was just disjointed enough you could listen to one after the other and not connect the dots if you were sipping your coffee and watching the sun come up.

That's sensible, and thanks for the link

>Because everybody knew about this years and years ago.

No, only a relatively small portion of the populace are aware of this. We need to spread this information to the braindead masses.

There's a British documentary about the Afghanistan war called "Ross Kemp in Afghanistan" where the Royal Marines there discussed this.

> “We can’t just tell them they can’t grow (opium) poppies any more. That would be like telling a Suffolk wheat farmer to stop a lifetime’s work and start growing almonds.

> “If you try to control these people, you just end up winding them up."

It seems the military policy during the occupation was not to destroy their crops because it would just create more extremists.

Also, I might recommend 'Ghost Wars' by Steve Coll. It covers Afghanistan from the Soviet invasion through Sept 10, 2001. Sort of a preface to the invasion and covers early attempts to kill Bin Laden

>what if anything is the US doing about it?

How do you think the CIA funds their black ops?

>believing there is a "war" on drugs...

>what if anything is the US doing about it?
they're collecting their cash from their share of it.

Another helpful link, thanks.

Historically that would seem a logical conclusion. Any suggestions on getting the word out? I mean I'd love to see someone pose this question to either presidential candidate.

In case you need some redpilling on the CIA/Afghan opium trade:

worldnewsdailyreport.com/retired-cia-agent-we-run-the-afghan-opium-trade/

infowars.com/isis-burns-cia-opium-fields-in-afghanistan/

nytimes.com/2009/10/28/world/asia/28intel.html

>I'd love to see someone pose this question to either presidential candidate.

Me too, but you will have to get around the crooked media first.....

>Why after over a decade in the region has production continued to rise
because the cia is selling heroin to europe and the USA to fund their black budget
are you bline and deaf?

ITT we summon the ghost of Helen Thomas

That was my suspicion, I wanted to hear other people's opinions.

happened in Vietnam SE Asia in the 70s. we are literally in the 1970s right now, all over again.

A brief history, in song youtu.be/bGzM2b1BaD8

Which is more profitable? Exporting opium from an independent country to the US or exporting opium from a US military occupied zone? When you figure that out, you'll have your answer

There was a news article I read about this years ago.
American policy is to restrict financial aid to countries that aren't doing any thingto curb illegal drug production.. Years ago the state department pressed lawmakers make an exemption for Afghanistan as they were trying to gain support from both afgan warlords and politicians during the war.
Opium production, which had been suppressed by the Taliban, went up 90%.

The Secretary of state at the time?
Hillary Clinton.

The Illegal Drug Trade is second only to the oil business as the largest industry on the planet.
Large banks are involved ( Bank of America got caught and only received a slap on the wrist, it was purly coincidental that higher ups in the Dept of justice were related to the family that had founded the bank at the time)
Powerful people are involved in this, and money always has pull in politics.

That is exactly what we did. However even if you present them with a more profitable option (we even offered to help them turn their town heroin factory into a facility to process bamboo) they will turn it down because the money from the Taliban is easy money.