Buffy/Angel General

Dem Feels Edition

Best Buffyverse girl coming through
>tfw qt Fred dies to give birth to your Demonfu
>tfw in about 6 episodes she becomes best grill
>tfw right after it, show gets cancelled due to poor executive decisions
>tfw ywn worship an ancient demon goddess qt
>ywn hold her in your arms feeling her human frailty and comforting her over a world full of grief
>ywn teach her about love and the human condition
>ywn be her pet
>ywn see another episode with her in it
>ywn see Amy play her role again
Why even?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_(1999_TV_series)
youtube.com/watch?v=QklpcFw9khs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don't blame the executives for killing the show.

Blame them for killing the network by paying the cast of Charmed.

>W-why cant I stay..?

fred top tier waifu

Losing the adorable, pure, completely lovable Fred broke my heart. Saddest moment I've ever seen on a tv show. But then her immediately being replaced with Illyria kind of softened the blow. Illyria gave me my unfortunate fetish for women with blue hair.

Still tho, have more heartbreaking words than this
>Please, Wesley, why can't I stay?
ever been uttered?

>Because temperature controlled pokies get higher ratings

The toppest

post her neck

have yall seen Much ado by Whedon ?
Amys in that a lot (and cute)

Done

I have, and as much as Whedon annoys me now I actually really enjoyed it. Took me awhile to get past the olde tymey dialogue, but once I did it was great

yesssssssssssssssss

fuck thats a good pic
and a fitting filename,

>downloaded Buffy to experience this little piece of history
>put on the first episode
>enjoying myself
>friends I always watch shows with are like
>"lol what is this shit"
>aren't having fun at all

Sigh.
Aside from equally janky Smallville and the out-of-ideas moloch that is Supernatural, there's nothing quite like it?
I want adventure, campy fun and quips instead of super serious edgy GoT/Rome shit that my country loves.

>Would you like me to lie to you now?

Here have another. I saved this one just for you, neckposter.

It's my favorite, but its very rare. plz do not steal

That too, but Fred's death always hit me a little harder. She was the most innocent, good-hearted character on the show, so watching her slowly die during the episode was brutal.

Coalburning whore

Speaking of rare

After rewatching the thing and reading the comics, I found that Fred didn't die. Her soul merged with Illyria it seems, so she was still there... both coexist later... Still isn't the show though, it's comics. And there's no real life Amy in them.

>watch Person of Interest
>see best girl Root turn into a dyke before my eyes
>watch Buffy
>see best girl Fred die
>see her get turned into a Mary Sue

Why do you do this to me, Amy?

mmmmmmmmmmm so eXXXellent
or.. seXXXelent as they say

Yeah but for all intents and purposes, on the show, she died. I don't really care too much about the comic continuation, not a big fan of comics to begin with and I've heard some pretty bad things about the Buffy/Angel ones.

I did read the Illyria special or whatever you'd call it though, and it was OK. But it's just not the same if it's not Amy. Illyria was great because of the way Amy played her, anybody else in that role and it would have just been stupid.

what the fuck?
context in 30 words or less

The AI was running through a list of possible outcomes, in which it came to the conclusion it was impossible to save all of the main crew, so the ep played out various bits of its simulations.

Webm related, its the fuller version of the scene

aha, thank..

The comics are pretty stupid, but before they got released, the cast talked a bit about the plans for the next season. If they had gotten it, a big part of it would have been Fred resurfacing (the scene where Wesley dreams about Fred and she asks something like, how deep do I go, is meant to foreshadow it), and Fred/Illyria struggling for control. It would have entailede Wesley choosing between the two (sounds pretty fucking stutpid if you ask me, seems like an easy choice but who knows) and at some point Willow showing up and splitting them into two. So they would have gotten the happy ending. rip.

Can someone fill me in better on why Angel was cancelled?

My current understanding is:

>Buffy and Angel always get renewed really late and it makes Whedon have to rush everything
>Angel is doing really well, both critically and commercially
>Whedon tells them to renew it earlier than normal or cancel it
>Execs choose to cancel it

That just seems so dumb.

I went to a Buffy-themed burlesque show yesterday.

There were a lot of fat chicks.

god damn that episode was so good. I dont care what people say, Root and Shaw's relationship was beautiful

It was what you said. Basicly, it was a case of "if you force me to make a decision now, it will be no" And Whedon the idiot forced a decisoin.

It sounds like everyone's an idiot in this scenario. Do we know what their plans for the next season were?

>burlesque

Are you sure it wasn't just a re-enactment of the musical?

I didn't really like Root as a character most of the time, she was a lot better when she was disconnected from the machine - so she had to think for herself and make actual choices, rather than being so amazingly smug.

She got a lot more rounded the later it went, when she became more despondent and afraid the The Machine would die.

see Sadly there's not much else, except we know we wouldn't have gotten the apocalyptic ending of Not Fade Away we know Wesley wouldn't have died, but there's honestly not much they've told us.
Oz would have turned up to teach Nina to handle her werewolf powers. Can't recall any others details. It's been a decade since details popped up here and there. We've gotten a pretty bastardized and in my opinion subpar take on it in the comics.

>idiots everywhere
Pretty much
IIRC from wikipedia, Whedon wanted to rush it, they said no, even though they were doing fine, then execs lived on regret, Whedon became what he is now.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_(1999_TV_series)
>tfw comics are all we got

See I liked her from the beginning, I always thought she was a fun character, and the smugness was part of what made her fun.

That and her turn from villain, to somewhere in between, to hero was done really smoothly imo, and I liked that.

Part of the show was a live band playing songs from the musical.

In a way, it's probably better that it ended where it did, before Joss could find a way to ruin it completely. I love the ending, I love the final scene of the series, I love Wesley's death, and if it had gone on for another 3 seasons it probably would have been run into the ground.

5 seasons is the perfect run for a show.

Very true. Gotta remember that one of the key reasons angel was so good was because of the involvement of other people than Whedon. My only regret is that the final sesaon is really episodic, much less serialized, no doubt the network cracking down after the fourth season and in that sense is a bit of a waste, especially for reviews. It could have been even better.

post more Amy, fools

Amyposter, stop including buffy. We prop up buffy threads when they would die and including them here is an insult.

They're about 5 buffyposters and rest disappeared after great 'feminist' started opening his mouth in 2012.

Gladly

And there's more than one Amyposter believe it or not, I'm not the one who made the thread. I do agree with you though, every Buffy thread ends up being about Angel anyway. Might as well stop beating around the bush

So who was your favorite villain?

OP here
By all means, have some Buffy too then

Honestly, I really liked the three nerds in season 6. I know people love to rip on that season but I just really liked the idea of Buffy having to fight something she couldn't just punch away. And they payoff of Warren getting a fucking gun, shooting Buffy and killing Tara then getting his skin ripped completely off was awesome.

Darth Vampire in basement. While other villains need special abilities or horde of minions or whatever circumstance may be, he did so much damage without ever leaving the cage. Villains that can press buttons with no outside help always appeal.

Playing games against his 'group' and other villains at same time, killing the unkillable..something about a legendary bloodline that can be so much fun.

I'd rather have more Amy tbqh

What are your favorite themes prevalent in the Buffyverse?

is she, how shall I put this, lit?

Honestly the theme of redemption and the pointlessness of life, and the fact that the only meaning to life is the one that you give it, is pretty based and one of the things I like the most about Angel.

Maybe... realizing there is darkness in the world, and still living up to punch it in the face and make jokes about it after. You just keep going

Hot lesbos.

You ever notice how they almost never show a male vampire biting a male human, but female vampires on female humans are quite common?

I loved S6 but at the same time I hated it.

On one hand, I liked it for the reasons you mentioned. On the other, I hated every regular character except for Buffy, Spike, Giles and Anya which makes it hard to watch.

I don't know what that means, I'm not black

reeeeeeee
this is our town, scrub

hhhnnggg

>redemption

It's funny people note this because it seemed to me, particularly in AtS S5, that redemption was bullshit. It was just a carrot they used to string Angel along until he told them to stick it.

Well, they are struggling for redemption. Angel makes it pretty clear to Faith they are never going to earn it, and that's fine. Still means it's a theme even if they get shit upon for it.
To me season 5 is about a selfish man leading all his friends to death because muh connor.

That wasn't what I would described happened at all, he was looking for meaning in death's of people he cared about and how to make it matter. He was looking for the reason he was really there and realized he had backdoor to where they needed to fight all along.

I'd argue by deciding 'Why we fight' it gave them a reason to choose where to make a stand and they did destroy Wolfram and Hearts apparatus on Earth, they might not have eradicated all evil but the thing helping it run smoothly across the world was dealt a grievous blow.

By signing away any chance of becoming human, he was giving away his reward for why he fought. It showed depth of commitment to cause, he matyr'd his own good ending on altar of freedom, literally.

They all knew, they all knew going into the belly of the beast, and they all signed up for it. It's a lot like signing up for war and watching your friends die needless deaths and trying to find a way to make it matter. That is what a lot of that season felt like to me.

>That wasn't what I would described happened at all

But it is. That's the theme of both Angel and Spike in S5: They're both going to hell, no matter what. It's just a matter of what you can do before getting there.

"Redemption" and the Shanshu was just crap the PtB (or just Jasmine) used to get him out of an alley.

Ironic they put Spike in the middle of this when he essentially is nothing more then Vegeta, down to the redemption and relationships.

Angel signed them up for it. They agreed AFTER he did that an erased their memories.

God damn, was there ever anything cuter than Amy Acker in her prime?

youtube.com/watch?v=QklpcFw9khs

The answer is of course no. There wasn't.

The problem with that is there's no way some of those characters would have joined Wolfram if Angel had not had their minds partially wiped as part of his deal to give connor a new life. I mean, Wesley spent an entire season having Wolfram/Lilah trying to seduce him to Wolfram, and it didn't work. The only reason he went in there was to free Lilah from her contract in the season 4 finale. And yet suddenly at the end after the spell is cast by Wolframs wizard (i forget the name of that wheezy guy that ends up killing Wesley in the finale), he's up for it. So in a very real sense they were not aware of what they were getting into, because they were not in complete control of themselves, due to Angel. With that said, out of character I acknowledge it was precisely the shakeup the show needed, but it frankly doesn't make too much sense in character for several of them.
In that way, they really did not sign up for it. Ofcourse, towards the end they are so boxed in they have no choice but to go for the suicide mission.

I think I finally see the problems with shows like this.

The characters are always going to be fighting, there will never be an end thematically, if somehow they beat the ultimate badguy, then what? No one will take a happily ever after, and no one liked the whole "the fight never ends" futility ending. You need to kill these fuckers or just keep telling series till they drop.

TOO CUTE

Well, yeah. That's why there is an endpoint. It's good that the execs back then killed it.

I mean, look at the fucking comics. You read those and tell me both Angel and Buffy aren't better off dead.

I'd have to disagree, in home, they all went for their own reasons before any memory wipe and only thing memory wipe seemed to do was altar how safe connor would be. Nothing about memories of connor was good for any of them.

I would agree except they all wanted to join up at the end, even after lilah contract thing, Wes was still there saying he wanted to join up. Angel just beat them to punch so to speak. Only person that was looking like they were going to object was Fred.

If you wanted to make this argument, she looked like she didn't want to join up there at the end.

Rewatch home, you'll see group getting together at the end and only one raising a peep was Amy.
Which was also a theme during season 4 with faith. He literally says the fight is never over. So under those circumstances I don't think there is a chance for redemption.. and when he was given an accidental chance in season 1, "I will remember" he gave that up to with woman he supposedly loved over all others.

I should also add for I think a big difference from wesley joining during season 4 would be used in service of evil, as a group they're trying to use it against them from taking on factions on the inside, slowing down their progress, killing their plans so to speak, episode 4 from season 5 where they're in park makes it clear they were always going on inside to fight them. So it is in their nature to fight wolfram and heart so to me it isn't that big of a character stretch for them to do that. Even with mental tampering about connor. The memory flashes when wes gets memories back..none of memories had anything to do but with/around connor and mostly that would have affected wes.

Eve brings this up because of Wes's propensity to do what is right no matter the cost and Angel possibly being worried wes would do it again, which he did with Orlon window.

So cute it hurts

>at the end

You mean after the mindwipe? Gunn and Lorne were the only ones that were looking to join up. Even Angel himself only went along because of Conner.

>"I will remember" he gave that up to with woman he supposedly loved over all others.

No, he didn't. He gave it up because he couldn't fight. Buffy went back to Sunnydale and died anyway.

>it's a Hawkeye is a vampire serial killer siried by Angel episode
Honestly it's fun and weird rewatching the show just to see a surprising amount of future to be famous people in it.