Did you like the remake? Also, The X-Files thread

Did you like the remake? Also, The X-Files thread.

With only 6 episodes it felt rushed and with all the lame throwbacks it felt too much like some shitty reunion special.

Actually, I do not agree at all. I felt that episodes 2, 3 & 4 were typical MOTW with no useless nostalgia bullshit thrown in, and episodes 1-6 were a mixed bag, like most mythology episodes after season 5. The only trully shit episode was the 5th one. I just hope Carter doesn't write as many episodes for the next one.

This.

Aren't they bringing it back again in 2018 but with 10 episodes this time? Hopefully they cut back on the bullshit this time.

The episodes that revolved around the main plot felt stupid in the sense that despite Mulder being abducted too Scully was the only one with alien DNA.

Also, Duchovny aged like milk.

>Duchovny aged like milk

He doesn't look that bad on his own, but next to Anderson, who is straight up MILF tier, he doesn't as good.

The MotW episodes were definitely stronger, the Lizard one was pretty good. Episodes 1 and 6 had potential but I feel like there were some holes with the lack of super soldiers, suddenly it not necessarily being alien but human.

>Aren't they bringing it back again in 2018 but with 10 episodes this time?
Yes.

Trash/10

Ends on a cliffhanger with nothing resolved AGAIN just like the original series. Chris Carter is the biggest hack in television.

Good point.

>Episodes 1 and 6 had potential but I feel like there were some holes
Yeah, that's the case with pretty much every mythology episode after they got rid of the Syndycate, so I don't hold them in contempt anymore than those.
Sure, it wasn't a perfect season but certainly better than I expected.

I hate the MythArc. I'm only interested in the MOTW episodes but I end up watching everything.

Every time they tried to resolve anything, it was shit. I actually kinda like the eternal cliffhangers of The X-Files. Even as a kid, I liked to come up with my own theories much more than seeing whatever they pulled out of their ass.

Dude, like, what the fuck do you expect. Do you want aliens to come and destroy everything or something? I don't get it. What would be a satisfying ending to X Files? Does something like that exist?

Really? As this user said after the Syndicate was broken up, I could understand, but before all that super soildier BS happened, when characters like Krychek and the Cigarette Smoking Man came on, I knew shit was going on.

I was pretty pissed when they killed off The Lone Gunmen.

Yeah, I don't mind if they pull off a shitty retcon like they did in the comics as long as they bring them back.
I mean, I could deal with them being gone if they were sent off in a great way, but the whole thing was just fucking bullshit.

> Do you want aliens to come and destroy everything

Sounds good to me.

Majorly disappointing. They could have at least gotten the atmosphere right... Everything was so brightly lit. Mytharc was always fucked but deciding that the aliens weren't shady after all contradicts scenes we actually saw in the originals. CSM's motivations were just fucked, should have stayed dead. Carter's episodes were the absolute worst.

>Everything was so brightly lit.
Like pretty much everything after they left Canada.
It's a 2016 show that looks like a 2016 show. It's not what I would've preferred, but it's like you guys had some unrealistic expectations for this.

wtf don't make excuses for them

Nigga the average man duchovny's age is a fat bald fuck. He looks great for his age.

I don't make excuses, I'm being realistic. People are complainig about this as if seasons 7-9 of The X-Files didn't exist.
How many revivals have there been that were as good as this one?

>unrealistic expectations

The fuck are you talking about
Literally every other show manages to color grade the shit out of their footage yet it's unreasonable to ask for the X-Files to have at least the same atmosphere as their iconic look?

Nigga pls

That episode was gold.

>deciding that the aliens weren't shady after all contradicts scenes we actually saw in the originals.
Agreed. Didn't really care for this either.

I will agree, it's better than most.
I wish Doggett would make a return.

I think it was the strongest of the new ones.

No.

Everything after season 5 was terrible.

Duchovny was also like 33 way back in early 90s pilot, while Gillisn was like 24(They were both supposed to be in their early 30s I believe). Not really fair to compare people with nearly a decade age gap - even with the gender difference. Agreed Gillian is still a babe though.
This is also very true.

> Did you like the remake?

Only the funny episode with the were-lizard guy was good, the rest were pretty lame and as expected, Duchovny is a lazy fuck and phone it in throughout, though Gillian Anderson was good.

The MOTW episodes were good, the mytharc was legitimately retarded. It was like Chris Carter googled "recent conspiracy theories" and preceeded to write a huge info dump with a spiffy powerpoint presentation which Joel McHale had to rant out with a straight face which included just about every fucking crazy thing people discussed since the ending of the show and tried to somehow link it to the aliens. Then have Mulder "figure it out and "connect the dots"" and have him explain it again to Scully was another WTF moment cause most of the shit was either a straight up retcon cause Carter's sensibilities changed or just plain stupid. It was just two lunatics raving pure nonsense that made me think Carter never even saw his own show. A show that he worked on for 9 years.