Official Horror Kino Thread

Post kino horror. I'll start us off right chaps.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nr-JX5mcf84
youtube.com/watch?v=o-0hcF97wy0
youtube.com/watch?v=mw_HKzo9Ync
youtube.com/watch?v=pd-9YuDgm2g
youtube.com/watch?v=jU-_neFp-QA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Damn, that movie was beautiful to look at. What enjoyed the most about it, aside from its style, was how it flowed almost like some gothic fairy tale. The ending especially.

Pic related is GOAT.

Crimson Peak doesn't deserve the hate it gets. It's not groundbreaking but it was well-made.

I liked it. First act was a tad slow, but great movie.

Not a strict horror, but fit the bill

What's so great about this?

wish i could find a good rip of this.

If you like this you'll probably like A Cure for Wellness.

I did, though ACfW had worse acting. Appreciate the shots of it.

AoD is also criminally underrated

>Eeh Caleb, ya like starin at meh tits? Hehe!

Mouth of madness is one of my favs

Nothing happens.

Love this film. Pretty strange that a movie from 1981 still has the best werewolf transformation of all time.

I wonder how Max will fuck up the remake that he's planning.

I liked the slow pace and the folkloric shit, plus ambiguity and the unknown/unknowable is always scariest

Event Horizon

It Comes at Night was pretty good. Not the horror movie it was advertised as, but definitely stuck with you.

Del Toro is faux kino.

>Not the horror movie it was advertised as

this gets my autims tingling, I was really looking forward to it. Please don't tell me it's just one of those dudes in the trailer doing something.

I'd still go see it, especially if you enjoy slow paced movies, I was going into it with similar expectations. Its more about the characters and their interactions than any actual horror elements.

Do they not show the 'monster'? Is real horror is created by the characters themselves?

Some spoilers
Pretty much. It has a more in common with The Road than any other horror film.

More spoilers:
The movies leaves a lot of things intentionally ambiguous and doesn't answer many questions. Its highly questionable if there even was some monster.

kill yourself

Granted, this movie had it moments of terror, but it felt very cheap in other places. For instance, the costumes. I felt like I was watching Mr. Show's parody of Boogie Nights.The acting was horrible in places too.
youtube.com/watch?v=Nr-JX5mcf84

The sequel was much better

So fucking good

don't know why gooks are so good at making horror movies

Horror is shit tier genre
That is all

there a torrent for this yet?

One of my favorite Mr Show sketches dubs bro. I'll agree with the acting. I liked the pacing and how long he would draw out terror scenes. The basement scene had me on edge for like 5 minutes. I will agree with that the second tightened up acting and pacing.

I went to the cinema to see Crimson Peak with friends and they all hated it and said it was one of the worst films they'd ever seen :(

When I saw the trailer I immediately thought about 10 Cloverfield Lane.

Second this. Great movie.

Because they write the good ones as as a drama first and a horror second (A Tale of Two Sisters, The Host, Spider Forest, hell even Train to Busan)

>A Tale of Two Sisters
kino of the kino
One of the greatest movies ever.

Not as good as The Wailing but worth the watch.

It's Hollywood that is shit. They rehash the same old grounds over and over again.Think about how often YOUR definition of horror is ever really realized. Think about how limitless the boundries of terror are, and then look back at the steaming piles of shit we've been given. Is there truly a movie out there that totally encapsulates fear? No! To date, even the so called "noteworthy" ones, only manage to provide us with short gimmicky scenes, and little else. I want a movie that will have me pissing my pants from beginning to end. I want to see unexplored territory and I don't want it sprinkled in there, I want it saturated with scary.

This year's Sup Forums meme horror movie like last year's was The VVitch and 2014's was It Follows. It's polarizing but I liked it

The Blackcoat's Daughter
The Devil's Candy
The Autopsy of Jane Doe

All recent horror I thought were well done.

I just can't force myself to watch this

thx, user

My dad told me he was gay during this. I can't watch it anymore

i thought raw was ok and i guess, based on 2 of the 3 titles you listed, you might like it too. it also wasn't nearly as brutal as i expected from a french horror.

So no one's gonna acknowledge user's GOAT joke here?

>tfw can't find a good rip of Devil's Candy

Shiri is my Roswellfu

Yeah she's a total babe.

Don't Breathe.

wait did you guys seriously expect there to be some kind of monster? the trailers advertised it as being about a sickness, and the director said before it came out that a lot of things aren't explained.

10/10 sound design

Damn this movie was so fucking underperforming. A huge disappointment.
Frankly Del Toro should just retire.

shitty pun aside this movie is a masterpiece

lol fucking garbage

I really only watched one trailer, I didn't do much reading up on the movie.
You can't tell me this doesn't give the impression of some kind of 'monster'
youtube.com/watch?v=o-0hcF97wy0

nope

Somebody posted this on /x/ yesterday. Very unsettling.

youtube.com/watch?v=mw_HKzo9Ync

I was gonna

I liked this.

Been meaning to watch this with a girl I know that looks just like the main actress.

wasn't a question, faggot

The original The Haunting
The Changeling

It's a metaphor for her period

i really liked that movie. i was genuinely surprised how long it actually is. it never felt underpaced or something.

any more movie like this?

Forgoted pic

Anyone like You're Next?

no.

It's on rarbg, 12 gb remux.

yea

wtf is this shit?

Is the average age in ths thread 16?

>liking horror past the age of twelve
Probably less than 16 honestly.

kill yourself my man

I asked because everyone seems to praise pure garbage.

the changeling is such an influential movie to horror to come

just grabbed the full blu-ray, thanks for the rec buddy

yeah, the first third of it was acted incredibly poorly, but once it ramped up, it was fun as hell

It's just Hollywood shit with an interesting premise.

>tfw the twins were the spookiest part of the entire movie

Fantastic movie. No idea you're watching a deconstruction of horror movies until it hits you, and then the entire movie changes.

what are some other movies that have the same feel as this?

youtube.com/watch?v=pd-9YuDgm2g

youtube.com/watch?v=jU-_neFp-QA

It's a gem of a film.

What are some good realistic horror movies Sup Forums?
I find recently that while monsters and ghosts are fun and interesting to watch, it takes realistic consequences and rules to really scare the shit out of me. Hush is a good example of what I'm looking for.

>Hush is a good example of what I'm looking for.
kek

An insecure manlet with a crossbow is scarier than a made up monster lad.

>post kino horror

Am I the only one that really don't find Hannibal Lecter all that scary as a horror villain?

To be honest I'd probably find it more interesting if focus had been on Buffalo Bill. Lecter just acts like a complete edgelord.

How was it a "deconstuction of horror movies"

Wait nevermind I was thinking of a different movie hurr durr

What's scary about Lecter is how it turns out he was always the one in control.

Only the cult sequence was good.

Carpenters whole Apocalypse Trilogy are amazing in their own right, regardless of the poor acting in the later 2 movies they presented a real vision of horror. The first Sinister was great in a similar way.

Also, The Black Hole was pure kino

Getting real fucking tired of this "lmao it's just a metaphor" or "lel it didnt really happen. Or maybe?" shit in modern horror the last few years.

Its on Shudder. Do the jew ting with the free trial

faggot

Just finished the first 3 friday 13 movies and oh boy why part 3 was so terrible?

>movie made by a woman