How the fuck did Japan actually do Deadpool right

How the fuck did Japan actually do Deadpool right

didnt movie deadpool do deadpool right too?

A character that constantly panders its audience by breaking the 4th barrier and making jokes about otherwise serious situations.

How could they ever mess that up?

>anything I don't like is pandering
>it's all a conspiracy to oppress me

>Disk wars
What is this weebshit?

>Forgetting the Wolverine.

You lucky bastard.

a cartoons to sell toys

Japanese things cannot be wannabe Japanese, and Disk Wars isn't a cartoon.

I want to watch disk wars but its 50 episodes and I have a tendency to start shows and not finish them. 50 episodes seems like something I might not finish. Ironically I'm following a few different shows right now so I feel like either they or disk wars would take a back seat if I begin disk wars

the child partners are all whiny ass little bitches and the power creep gimmick is lame
you'd be better off rewatching EMH

But no, they really didn't

To be fair, almost all media has some level of pandering in order to draw some kind of audience. Its only really a bad thing when they go overboard with it.

But yeah, in this case user is completely retarded.

Nobody has ever proven the existence of any pandering in anime.

>Disk Wars isn't a cartoon.

Yeah it is, or are you really delusional enough to think it's not a cartoon if it comes from glorious Nippon?

But atleast otakus buy those things but SJW dont even buy comics but marvel still panders them.

Cartoons and anime are different forms of animation.

No they arent. Just different artstyle, culture differences that kinda it is.

SJW pandering is usually the heavy handed, overboard, really bad kind of pandering since that's the exact type of pandering they sit there and demand all the time. I'm completely lost as to why anyone puts up with their bullshit.

They have almost nothing in common with each other.

That's not what pandering means.

Just ignore the guy. He shows up in every thread that even mention Jap stuff in passing.

Notto disu shitto agen.

Threadly reminder that Whor is the best selling Marvel female.

Both are animations just from different countries.

I would like to see these guys on Luke cage show. Them prowler, Juggernaut, absorbing man.

Mostly yes

Why should I be ignored? Because I inconvinience your agenda?

If you don't want to talk about it then don't bring it up.

Like I just said, they have almost nothing in common with each other. They are very, very different from each other.

In other words, the people who are likely to rage about "WAR PANDERING" at the sight of minorities are also likely to think that any trace of minorities is heavy-handed and forced on them.

Really? I am really out of touch in comics. I watch anime more and read manga more too.

You're the one who brought it up

>any kind of pandering is bad
>even when the character is meant to be cheap fun
Jesus Sup Forums wake up.

Except being the same medium. Oh but I forgot we call Japanese movies DORARARAs, oh wait we don't we just call them fucking movies.

Did you actually read ?

It doesn't matter that they are the same medium. It doesn't make them the same thing. They are artistically, culturally, demographically, commercially and industrially completely different.

Seriously, he's not worth the trouble, as fun asit is.

>demographically
Holy shit this delusion Japan has maybe 25% more adult cartoons and everything else is much the same

Stop being a passive-aggressive drama queen.

That's just a factual statement, not an appeal for you to spread your autism.

Yes but that's the case for everything about every different country. Anime is a useful term to quickly describe Japanese Animation, but to say it bears no similarities to western cartoons is retarded because it's literally the same thing made in a different place and therefore effected by the shift in country.

The majority of anime produced today is not for children, and even historically I don't think most of it was.

>everything else is much the same
Except completely different.

No, it isn't a factual statement. Cartoons and anime are not the same thing.

Why, it's almost like cartoons from different countries would be radically different! Whoda thunk it?

>it's literally the same thing made in a different place and therefore effected by the shift in country
Then why is almost everything about it completely different? Please explain.

Hey stop pandering to that user

They aren't cartoons.

Because it's made in a different culture.
>why do houses made in Spain look completely different from the ones in the USA
>They're totally not houses anymore
This is you

God you are truly fucking lame

What show is this?

So you concede that almost everything about it is completely different. Then what are you arguing about?

Why?

>This is you
Except I never said that anime isn't animation.

>I can't read filenames
Marvel Disk Wars

It just goes to show what a terrible/wonderful decision it was for execs to introduce the word to the west.

No, I concede nothing except that you're autistic as shit. If you can't understand the concept of a medium then there's no fucking hope for you.

But you just clearly conceded that they're different:
>Because it's made in a different culture.

>If you can't understand the concept of a medium then there's no fucking hope for you.
Again: I never said anime isn't animation.

Reminder that manga literally translates to cartoon.

If it's animation it's a cartoon same as in the west. The subject matter, demographic aimed for, style, technique, content all have no bearing on whether or not an animated show or feature film fall under the category of cartoon. All animated shows and movies in the west And Japan are cartoons by the very definition of the word. Your personal feelings on this are irellevant. Anime are simply cartoons from japan

Did you mean anime because manga is comic.

The word predates the Meiji period and according to Wikipedia it means multiple things including but not limited to cartooning. In any case you're just making a semantic argument.

Cartoons and anime are both different subsets of animation.

You seem to be under the impression that cartoon is a completely neutral word that describes the idea of animation in general, but that's not how the word has actually been used. If it was, we wouldn't be having this debate.

Sup Forums can't into fun anymore.

And, to be fair, so cannot nobody else in the West really. Everything is political now. Calls to mind the social climate before WWII.

I know, I've danced that dance before, he's just so unnerving I can't help myself. He's scrapper or Famicom levels of autism.

Yeah they are.

It isnt.

It's amazing how one user can ruin an entire thread with his retarded autism.

Sorry OP, better luck next time.

You could argue that 3DCG isn't, since it's not drawn, but that definition was before the technology.
No. Both manga and cartoon mean "drawn images", though cartoon has a connotation of animation. Also, the Japanese word most often used for comics is the English word comics.
Semantics? There better be in a discussion of definitions
I get it, but I'm done from here on.

If you have something to say to me then say it. Are you just upset because you lost an argument?

>Cartoons and anime are both different subsets of animation.

>You seem to be under the impression that cartoon is a completely neutral word that describes the idea of animation in general, but that's not how the word has actually been used. If it was, we wouldn't be having this debate.

Oxford dictionary defines cartoon (in the sense were speaking of) as...
' A motion picture using animation techniques to photograph a sequence of drawings rather than real people or objects.'

It is as simple as that. Your own or others belief in the differences between eastern and western animation altering that simple categorization are incorrect. If you believe they aren't give me an alternate definition with a source that backs up your claim. If you choose not to provide a source I'll know you're just using personal opinions as your guidelines.

>Semantics? There better be in a discussion of definitions
Your argument is basically that things are defined by what they're called. So if manga (according to you) translates to cartoon, it means manga and cartoons are now the same thing.

Yes, they are the same thing because they have the same define in their respective languages.

There's no debate, nobody makes that distinction except you. does your dumb reasoning also apply to dessins animés?
What about co productions between west and Japan?

The distinctions you make are superficial and arbitrary. The main difference is country of origin.

When animation was developed in America , it meant a very specific kind of animation. It meant things like Silly Symphonies. It didn't mean some generic idea of animation, it meant the animation that was actually being produced at the time. Cartoon had also been used to refer to humorous illustrations, and later comic strips. And what do you know, American animation was a lot like humorous illustrations and comic strips.

Television animation continued along the same lines as cartoon shorts, and this is the animation that people were talking about when they talked about cartoons. Today, the word is very often a derogatory term used to attack anime. You'll also see that there are distinct differences in how the word is used and not used in the Wikipedia entries for Disney, American animation, Ghibli and anime. You'll see as well that anime fans use the term much less often than fans of American animation. But why would that be? Isn't cartoon merely a synonym for animation? Isn't this all just in my head, and everyone else uses the two interchangeably? Hmm.

They aren't even the same medium, and even if we disregard that they're still completely different.

What is arbitrary about, for example, the differences in animation techniques and character design?

You said if wasent a cartoon that's the same fucking thing

No it isn't.

>calling their moves out loud

Neat.

I saw the first few episodes of Disk Wars, a few random ones in the middle including the Deadpool episode, and the finale. I felt like I didn't really miss anything between episodes 5 and 50, other than the kids getting scouters that let them somehow aid the heroes in battle, which I'm shocked they didn't do sooner.

As for DP, this may just be symptomatic of my disdain for how Marvel markets Wade Wilson these days, but I loathed that they insisted on calling him a "hero for hire" because that's kid-friendlier than just straight-up calling him a mercenary. Once you remove everything that isn't kid-friendly from the character, you're just left with lolsorandum humor, and I can't even remember a single joke from that episode.

Your reminding me of 60 multimeltas guy here

So you agree that you are just upset because you lost an argument.

And even more so why do people like catwomen user

Tokusatsu

"Cartoon"was used to mean comic strips before animation existed. Animation is a subset of cartoon. "Manga", similarly, is used to mean both static drawings and animation. Japan the English words "animation" and "comic" to refer to such things.

>Animation only comes from the united states of America or japan

>"Cartoon"was used to mean comic strips before animation existed.
That just strengthens my argument.

>Animation is a subset of cartoon.
It is exactly the other way around.

Where did I say that?

Does this mean manga and Western comics are different mediums, despite being the exact same thing? I'm a bit out of date with my Captain Autismo definitions.

In all your ramblings you provided no sources of alternative definitions of the term cartoon. Only your own feelings on it and General vague references to others opinions on the terms.

Its clear you base the 'anime and cartoons aren't the same thing' entirely on your personal views. You associate cartoon with a type of cartoon rather than the true logic that anime and western cartoons like merry melodies ate both simply TYPES of cartoons the same as a dodge charger and a Harley Davidson motorcycle are both TYPES of motor vehicles.

Comics and manga are different too, even if not quite to the same extent as cartoons and anime.

>muh sources
You are absolutely braindead if you think that everything in this world comes down to "sources" that by your reasoning must have come from God himself.

I have logical reasons for my position, not just >muh sources.

>TYPES of cartoons the same as a dodge charger and a Harley Davidson motorcycle are both TYPES of motor vehicles.
Anime is a type of animation, not a type of cartoon. By your logic we could say a Harley is a type of car.

>Hmm.
Top kek. Also you're wrong, cartoon was used to describe all sorts of animation.
>Wikipedia
They don't call the Simpsons a cartoon either. And since you bring it up might want to look up "cartoon" on there.
>Anime fans getting offended
Well yeah they're faggots and think changing the name will remove the stigma of an adult watching animation.
>Character design and animation technique
Is Avatar an anime? Is Animaniacs? Is Shin Chan a cartoon?

Disk Wars was terrible

People like him are the reason I excised "anime" and "manga" from my vocabulary. I say "animations" (as in "an animation") to refer to anything animated, "comics" to refer to all comics, and "cartoon" to refer to both. The definitions fit historically and internationally, and it's the most convenient way to organize it.

just posting this

I went in with low expectations and was pleasurably suprised

What an awful goddamn design on Cap.

People use "cartoon" as a derogatory word for western stuff, too, knucklehead.

Needs REDLLLLLLLLIIIINNNNEEEEEE

What determines what country a cartoon is from? Where it was animated, or where it was conceived?

There was no "all sorts of animation" like there is now.

>They don't call the Simpsons a cartoon either.
Why wouldn't they call The Simpsons a cartoon when all animations are cartoons? And what about the discrepancies I just mentioned?

>Well yeah they're faggots and think changing the name will remove the stigma of an adult watching animation.
Why are you saying there's a stigma attached to the word? I thought cartoon is a perfectly neutral word that simply means animation--all sorts of animation?

>Is Avatar an anime? Is Animaniacs? Is Shin Chan a cartoon?
Those were examples, not a total listing of all the things that are different about anime. Even then, Avatar does not have the same animation and character design. It gets fairly close, but then again it is consciously emulating anime.

I just explained why cartoon is not an appropriate synonym for animation. There are also well-founded reasons for calling anime anime instead of just animation.

I thought cartoon is a neutral word that just means animation? Why would there be anything derogatory about it?

You haven't argued your logical reasons either, you just keep repeating "they're different".
And yeah sources do matter when you're arguing that your definition is the common usage.

So you have no external basis other than your own opinion. Got it...just another 'BUT I feel' person with nothing concrete to backed itt up.
Sorry buddy we go by actual definitions not your "logic" that has nothing backing it up than your personal feelings on he matter

>You haven't argued your logical reasons either
Feel free to stop lying any time: >And yeah sources do matter when you're arguing that your definition is the common usage.
See and See

I care more about convenience than common usage, hence If language is evolving, we should be deliberate in making it strong, not just let it go wherever people arbitrarily fling it out of laziness.

Any examples?

You just posted a picture where Deadpool says "Let's get married, honey"

You're not making it strong though.