Sup Forums's opinion on this master class film?

Sup Forums's opinion on this master class film?

it's shitty liberal propaganda

fucking garbage

dude just open your borders lmao

Boring and as bland as dry dogshit

pretty good depiction of modern UK

>mexican director
>movie deals with immigration

gee I wonder if it has an agenda

masterpiece

>artists should never make political statements

you're an idiot

Best movie of the 2000's, or at least one of the best.

that scene where the cafe gets blown up and the marching Islamists march around really hit close to home as I live in London and it is only a matter of time before terrorist attacks happen here on a weekly basis...

Brits are anti immigrants. Definitely a fantasy film.

Why didn't you vote for Trump?

t.brainlets

the movie shows a spiritually dead and literally doomed Europe, no wonder they import all those immigrants for cheap labor.

pretty accurate metaphor for reality in my opinion.

Greatest sci-fi film of the 2000s

Kys underage redditfag

An great movie with a very cool and intriguing premise, good acting, and a very satisfying ending.

It does tend to take itself a bit too seriously at times. And I was not a fan of the super long takes. Long takes are supposed to help immersion but this one broke it for me, its a bit too show-offy.

Alfonso Cuarón is not a virtuoso, although his Children of Men style might convince the politically obtuse that a decorative illustration of their social alarm is a visionary achievement. Below the garish surface of this paranoid fantasy lies political antipathy—not the sort of soulful detritus of Tarkovsky’s Stalker tableaux or Spielberg’s hallucinogenic War of the Worlds, but Cuarón’s cheap specialty: fashion. By distorting contemporary social fears into facile apocalyptic imagery, Children of Men does little more than rework the ludicrous, already-forgotten V for Vendetta.

'i never seen it from start to end, gets too boring like 10 mins in and then i drop it.

cinematography was good. story lacked meaning and iconography despite being literally on religious proportions.

pretentious muck

Emmanuel Lubezski does long Steadicam takes through bombed-out neighborhoods and on motorway shoot-outs that resemble the surreally distanced, uninterrupted viewpoint of a videogame. But these show-offy sequences come 16 years after Scorsese and De Palma pioneered them in GoodFellas and Bonfire of the Vanities. They’re done to impress, yet are so slow and stagey that they’re portentous.

the post that said that this is done in fashion with a post apocalyptic theme is absolutely right. with a closer look you can really see the lines that were simply skip traced.

>last baby on Earth is black
>up to a white guy to save it since, surprise, no father in the picture
>liberal propaganda

>Not looking at it as the conclusive result of globalization

>a mock virgin-birth by a Third-World woman named Kee (Claire-Hope Ashitey), whose delivery and protection becomes Theo’s neo-white man’s burden.

You can’t get more Lefty sentimental than that.

This. Just open all borders and the universal income will pay for itself thanks to home built labor bots. Besides, I'm sure we'd all get along if you're not a rural and suburbam retard :)

Except they show that the unchecked immigration fucks the country up and the main bad guys are the radical leftist group.

>pretentious

Which part went over your ignorant head?

You'd really have to be an idiot to think this, the entire world has been overcome by some disaster and only Britain still functions through aggressive repression of anti-social elements and rounding up of foreigners while everything the muds and commies touch has turned to shit and armed muslims march in the street chanting. What the government does isn't pleasant but it's the only choice. How the fuck is that liberal propaganda?