What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QHSXZnxLZ0I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It wasn't deadly at all.

The spartans

Ran out of ideas too soon.

Too reliant on that dumb simulation.
No one cares about some shitty Excel spreadsheet.

I liked it because historyfag, but after awhile the match ups weren't interesting and the tests and computer sims were pretty dumb.

i don't know exactly, but for an adolescent boy this was just about the coolest show of all time

How it could have been:
>talk to real historians with lots of knowledge about the warriors you're featuring
>talk about some of the most famous and impressive feats accomplished by those warriors in history
>use those historical examples to segue into tests for their arms and armor
>have panel of 5 experts in ancient combat (can rotate these out depending on the eras and cultures being examined) to evaluate tests and make sure replicas of arms and armor are authentic
>test arms and armor against each other, have panel vote on which seems most likely to win in the matchup based on historical data and modern testing

What we got
>dude I re-enact these types of fighters on the weekends I totally am an expert on ancient combat and metallurgy
>let's like, do blasting gel and force tests on these modern massproduced versions of weapons and then like get all the numbers into a spreadsheet and "simulate" combat with a computer to see who does the most damage and wins like a video game
>just splice in scenes of the reenactors shit talking each other and film a dramatization of the fight
>radical

>I liked it because historyfag

This seems like a reason to hate it tbqh

This just kinda makes me miss the old mail call era history channel, which is the only place where a scenario like the first one you described would be able to exist.

Why did it get canceled? It was a great show and most of the nerds i knew watched it.

>just splice in scenes of the reenactors shit talking each other
i don't remember them all, but i remember most of them being cringe-tier. like, most of them either had no meaningful insight or were like fanboys arguing marvel vs dc.

although, i liked the ballistic gel shit. i got annoyed when the reenactor/expert would just go crazy and demolish the whole torso and head. fucking any weapon can completely mutilate a human if you sperg out and rage-stab it for 30 seconds, this is not an accurate way to determine trauma.

ZOOLOO
ZOOOOLOOOO
ZOOOOOOOLOOOOOO

some of the tests were kinda bad

in the george washington vs napoleon one they tested the killing power of muskets vs rifles by allowing them five shots. the rifle which is more accurate got more hits in so it was considered more deadly. what this didnt take into account is reload time. muskets reload faster and more shots will be gotten off. also pure accuracy was less of a concern for muskets as even a slight deviation might still hit someone to t he side or behind.

Jumped the shark with Knight vs. Pirate
>mfw they rated the cutlass equal in killing power to the longsword
>against an armored knight

>being armored on a ship

I seem to remember it got a load of shit after they found out the fat kid who made the highly complex combat calculation program was actually a scam artist and making it up as he went along..

That, and they ran out of ideas so had to do shit like zombies vs vampires.

they should do one with fictional warriors
jedi vs lotr wizards, space marines vs halo spartans, etc.
securing the rights to all that might be too much for them, but i would watch it if they did it

I dropped after the vampires vs zombie episode

Wasn't it an old guy at first?

The most popular one wins instead of the one that should win.

As much as I like Samurai, VIkings should've OBLITERATED him. I did like how the Green Berets vs Spetnaz fight went down though.

let me rephrase. it was interesting at times because historyfag, but my historyfaggottry also got in the way of really enjoying it. like, when the sim determined a roman centurion would lose to the indian rajput with the stupid meme weapons? legit triggered me

My favorite scene of the show is the Spetsnaz guy throwing the grenade and not giving a fuck.

It was just really retarded from the very beginning desu. Garbage TV.

Nigga that's just stupid. It's like people arguing whether Batman would beat Superman in a fight. It's fiction. I could make anything happen in a story. I can make Clifford the Big Red Dog beat Superman in a fight. Who gives a fuck? Fucking manchildren, man.

It wasn't any worse than some fucking history channel show where they talk about how cleopatra might have been an alien or how bigfoot just eats dirt in your front yard.

>some of the tests were kinda bad

I think the best example of this was the highly scientific testing of the green beret vs spetznas grenade. One was thrown into a washing machine, and the other was thrown into a room full of pig corpses. turns out grenades do more damage to dead animals than kitchen appliances, so that grenade was declared the winner

The entire shown was retarded

It didn't have the same mechanics as the main game.

I would have preferred to see a cage match between modern special forces. Even if it was padded and somewhat passive. SEALS are extremely aggressive whereas Isreali Commandos are very pragmatic and careful.

A hand-to-hand match would have been interesting. Mostly jui jitsu and common melee practices vs. krav maga.

What could have been

It was a retarded execution.

Deadliest warrior was a terrible show. At first I thought it was kind of cool, but pretty soon I realized just how bogus it was. I seriously wondered where they brought in the so called "experts" because almost half of the things they said were wrong. The one I remember most clearly was the IRA vs Taliban, and they said that the IRA used the AR 15 as their primary weapon, but that's just bull, like most terrorist organizations, they preferred the AK-47, because it was cheap, easy to acquire, and easy to maintain. They also said that the IRA were known to use flamethrowers... no they're not, and I laughed my ass off when they said the IRA used slingshots.

The other thing that really killed me about the show was that it wasn't even really about the deadliest warrior, it was the deadliest(Read: Biggest bloodsplatter) weapon. They never took into account the approach the warrior would take, or the qualities of their training.

You forgot slicing a dead pig in half, literally every episode.

It became clear during the 1st season that Armor decided the winner so they changed the simulation in season 2. armor was no longer taken into consideration.

The arbitrary Excel spreadsheet "simulations" were a joke and they just made up retarded twists in the ridiculous reenactments to justify the results, like some guy getting tricked into charging into a house rigged with explosives or some shit. They might as well have punched the stats into characters on a private RuneScape server and saw which won in the wilderness, because it would've been just as scientific if not more so.

that one episode with Shaka Zulu was fucking disturbing
>Zulu was a hardcore warrior
>he really wasn't
>SO WE GOT THIS HARDCORE BLACK DUDE
>starts attacking the dummies screaming ZULU
>drinks the fake blood that comes out
>talks about how gory and evil zulu was

I'm almost convinced they just got these people off the streets and they just made it up as they went

That's a great thought user but we are talking about SPIKE here.

Anyone remember this?
youtu.be/QHSXZnxLZ0I

Top kek

The show was just bad dude. The reenactments were so cringey. Probably wouldve been OK without that at the end

wew

viking vs aztec warrior go