The reason this movie was destroyed by the critics despite not being better or worse than WONDER WOMAN is because it...

The reason this movie was destroyed by the critics despite not being better or worse than WONDER WOMAN is because it depicted a female character as the villain of the movie who had as a goal hunting down a random guy, the MC, so she could use him as a sacrifice to bring a powerful male god as a lover so they could rule the planet together as a couple. Oh, and she's not black enough.

Just that. The movie portray a female character as a villainous princess who felt dejected about not being picked by her father as the new ruler for being female and did awful things as result in her envy while still needing the help of a powerful male figure to complete her goals.

Sofia Boutella was a 10/10 in this. Such an amazing performance.

>tfw American actresses suck compared to her

K I N O

Or maybe because she didn't get enough screen time? Game of Thrones has tons of female villains and no one complains about that. If anything, it's refreshing to see a woman with power.

The Mummy should be about the fucking Mummy, not a Tom Cruise way past his sell-by date.

giv mummy gf

>Game of Thrones has tons of female villains and no one complains about that.

As if critics didn't care more about the lady of the dragons.

Gee whiz, and I thought the movie was just critically panned because the writing, acting, directing, and cinematography were amateur garbage.

But no, you're right, the fact that the mummy is a lady is way more plausible.

George is always right

None of the above mattered when critics praised Wonder Woman and you know it.

Or it could be the movie was also bad in every other way.

>The Mummy does little more than reflect dark, Millennial political unease. Its Iraq War setting — in which characters playing American soldiers mimic the Taliban in violating the sanctity of anthropological treasures — evokes post-9/11 distress simply as a platform for violence: knockabout fight scenes and chase sequences.

>Cruise plays Iraq War soldier Nick Morton, an imperfect yet egotistical guy to whom comic-book fans might relate because he never takes himself seriously but, when forced to fight against evil, demonstrates invincible supernatural powers.

>As one more product made in the current mode of high-concept comic-book franchises, The Mummy follows the Marvel Comics formula though relentless, jokey action scenes

its because she wasnt black

Haha dude you sound like the most lonely, bitter friendless permavirgin. I'm 100% sure you're a total doormat offline too. Why not just end it all eh

Wonder Woman is way better than this piece of shit and it was average at best.

None of that mattered when it came to Wonder Woman, for obvious reasons.

>None of the above mattered when critics praised Wonder Woman and you know it.

Wonder Woman had dialogue that wasn't written by a 13 year old girl texting on her phone.

>Tom Cruise: I SAW THE CHICK FROM THE COFFIN THING

>Blonde: You mean the mummy that was in the tomb?

>Tom: LOL YEAH WHATEVER

this exchange was LITERALLY in the movie

There was nothing noteworthy about Wonder Woman except feminist fantasy. Neither of you can even name any scenes or dialogue from the film to prove your point.

Show me some better dialogue from The Mummy, and then we'll talk.

this is believable

this movie was kino fuck the ratings

>Algeria isn't considered part of Africa

More like they were islamophobic depicting ISIS destroying old pagan ruins.
>THIS ISN'T FUN HOW DARE YOU TRY TO MAKE A POINT

What kind of fag even goes to see Wonder Woman? Such a boring character.

If you genuinely tell me that this piece of shit was in the league of Wonder Woman, fuck it if you tell me they're even playing the same sport, you're a Universal shill

Your dad did. Anyway, trannies like you shouldn't be the ones looking down on others

Get out of here with your common sense and logic. Clearly the only reason this movie is sucking ass with not only critics but audience as well is feminism. Also Wonder Woman is not an enjoyable movie ; that too is a feminist black magic conspiracy

Funny enough, we went to see The Mummy together, and laughed about Wonder Woman. Seriously, one of the most boring superheroes ever.

I unironically enjoy the Mummy movie as muchas Wonder WomanDCuck;^)

But that is what is literally going on right now. Islamic terrorists have blown up ancient Buddhist statues, destroyed rare ancient Iraqi statues so this movie makes a good point on the horrible things that are happening to pagan relics.

I'll see it soon. Fuck the shit critics.

Maybe they just watched The Mummy, and they're going around smashing relics to look for "magical antiquities", whatever the fuck that means.

I highly doubt it's as good as WW 's first two acts

No. Islam hates paganism so they want to wipe out anything that isn't Islamic.

SAD

>A DCEU movie has 2 good first acts but a horrible second act
So it's like BvS?

>but a horrible second act
I meant 3rd

who said horrible?

The part I'm complaining about is also like ten minutes max.

>Destroying false gods and idols is a bad thing

okay bud

>Destroying false gods and idols is a bad thing
>false gods
All religions have truth to them. People who believe in the Egyptian Gods have traveled out of their body and received spiritual enlightenment. This happened with the actress in the 1932 Mummy movie who was a believer in the Occult.

Catholics can be cured from serious illness if they pray to saints.

You see: religions when you believe in them allow you to summon up powers that can help you in life.

This is why miracles can be found all throughout religions.

You need to actually realize the truth.

Not to mention that Christianity and Ancient Egypt share many similarities

>In the Egyptian Book of the Dead: a serpent Sebau fiend being is sentenced to be chained up similar to Serpent Satan in Book of Revelation

>We need to wipe out history even if it's bad and we don't like it
>I can only see beauty in what I want to see it in

Paganism doesn't even exist anymore
These fuckers are just destroying priceless artifacts from thousands of years ago because anything that isn't approved by their goatfucker prophet needs to be destroyed

>sjws literally spamming shill threads
>sjw journalists have a cabal where htey literally manipulate review scores and reception of all media
>you cant trust any form of media any more
>fake news is a real thing and has been a real thing for 2 decades now

Oh great. Now every fucking religion is 100% legit.

Shut the fuck up you cuckold.

>Some sand nigger chiseled a face into a rock and now we must preserve it for all of eternity.

Fuck off to reddit. This shit appears whenever any movie bombs ; faggots where saying this after Baywatch of all fucking movies.

>Paganism doesn't even exist anymore
Islam literally has Paganism in its texts

Their prophet accidentally worshipped Pagan Godesses thinking they were angels of Allah. Of course it is forbidden to mention this to Muslims

>Now every fucking religion is 100% legit.
It is. Even the Qur'an confirms this.

>Surah 16:36 - every nation as received a divine messenger

The New Age movement is to bring all religions together and create peace on earth

He's kinda right. Either we respect all of the shit or none. It's insane to give couple groups the pass but respecting others when they all believe in imaginary crap.

>Beheading people is just as valid as forgiving them.

All religions have truth to them, but not all truths are equal. Religion was not responsible for sending us into space. It's defunct now for the higher end of society.

I never said the Qur'an or any religious book is 100% correct but there are truths in all religions with similarities

Is ISIS right? Of course not. They are destroying the peace that we should have on Earth

>despite not being better or worse than WONDER WOMAN
There is a critical flaw in this line. Can you see it, kids?

>Okay guys the key to world peace is that everything anybody believes is true.

lol new-ageism is such a crock of bullshit.

We don't is the right answer. We live in times when science has enabled man to cure diseases previously you'd have been left to die of, travel to fucking space, and split the goddamn atom , yet majority of people around the world would die in the name of their imaginary friends.

>we can split the atom so fuck morality lol

okay chief.

Absolutely nothing about Wonder Woman warrants its tremendous critical success, and nothing about The Mummy warrants its drastic failure.

When it comes to shitty genre flicks the only metric is "was it fun" so everything is deeply subjective and critics are prone to groupthink. You shouldn't trust critic opinions on anything like superhero flicks because ultimately, they all suck complete ass and the only purpose of them is to keep your entertained for 2 hours.

Philosophy handled the "other questions" pretty well and actually forces us to think instead of following some dogma just because.

Because had it not been for Islam, Muslims would have behaved like savage warlords. Wait a second......

Morality is not derived from religion alone son.

If they keep you entertained for 2 hours then they don't suck ass.

I enjoyed this film more than wonder woman

But without a "god" (being the personified idealization of that which is "good"), then from what position of authority can you claim to control another person's behavior?

It's a bad movie. I am pretty open to stuff, but there's so much dialogue that's just complete shit. It's a shame because there's a lot of good acting and there's moments that make me think someone who made this gets it a little bit.

Thinking of that shot where Amunet is chained down, staring pleadingly up at them

>We don't is the right answer.
But this puts us in conflict with billions of people, so it doesn't seem like the optimal choice despite being technically correct.

Hey, it works with any other source of power, God is just the best one. Instead of kings who must rule over us because of a God, we got to billionaires who must rule over us due muh hard work.

Nah. A good genre flick has some emotional resonance and some originality (avoiding cliches) or unpredictability. These are things which can actually be measured by critics, unlike whether or not it kept you entertained, which is ultimately just super subjective. The sad thing is that the critics who give these piles of shit good scores really only care if it kept them entertained or, worse, if it hit some other arbitrary metric like diversity.

THE REASON THE MOVIE SUCKS IS BECAUSE THE DIRECTOR HAD THE NERVE OF NOT CASTING BRENDAN FRASER YOU MASSIVE KEKS!

Have you legit not heard of the concept of state ? Man has controlled fellow man for decades , it's usually the smarter and those with more resources who figure out ways to keep those who are not and who don't in line.

I mean in today's times the multinationals exert authority over us. They didn't need fanfiction about One True Prophets

This actress is so weird. There's some angles where she's absolutely gorgeous, but in other scenes with other angles, she's not as cute (but still decent looking).

>offers you unlimited power and her undying loyalty
I would have taken it to be honest

You're right user. This is the sad reality.

Or it's because the dialogue is garbo, it's trying to be too many tones at once, and it's super boring. I mean the CGI was fine I guess, the performances were fine, everything else was fine, but the story was pretty bland as well.

Funny as fuck though 5/10

>emotional resonance
Most of these movies do, you just might not be interested in what they offer. You're probably not a comic book hero fan in general.

>and some originality (avoiding cliches)
They're comic book movies. If they want to be faithful to the source material, they have to be cliche. Care to explain how being cliche is inherently bad, anyway? You're supposed to absorb the emotions of the characters on screen as your own, i.e. empathize, not play the role of detective and try to "crack the case" of where the story is going to lead to like a cold outsider to it all.

>emotional resonance
Very subjective.

>originality (avoiding cliches)
Not that relevant for quality.

>or unpredictability
Again, pretty subjective AND not that relevant for quality.

Going with "I liked/didn't like the movie" is the best and most objective a critic can do and then explain the whys and possibly open up another way to see it. Saying whether a movie is good or not is absolutely beyond the opinion of one person, that depends on the viewer.

Nothing weird about that. She's a bit above average and with the right angle even an below average person can look great.

>Million dollar action chase sequence
>Tom Cruise barely escapes a giant sandstorm only to get hit by a bus.
>Nick Miller appears out of nowhere.
>WOW DUDE WHAT A RUSH AMIRITE? ;)

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to put this shit in the film.

lol he couldnt cause he didnt see either film.

Cliches are bad because they take you out of the film. When you can recognize a cliche you're like "Oh yeah I'm just watching a dumb movie" or if it's really bad "Oh god they actually put that cliche in." Really, to avoid anybody being pedantic, I should've said "badly-done cliches," because cliches are not inherently bad, it's just bad when they are obvious.

I would argue that obvious cliches destroy emotional resonance, along with immersion and almost any other narrative quality.

>when they are obvious
Depends on how much you pay attention and your experience. Most of capeshit movies are made for young audience, so what's an annoying cliche for you, might be a great mindblowing moment for them.

Besides, it goes back to originality, which doesn't last. Take something like Godfather II, even if you watch it for the 10th time and know every scene by heart, does it really stop being a great movie?

>Cliches are bad because they take you out of the film.
I can see where you're coming from. Sometimes, not when I like them though. Not all cliches are equal, and they're certainly not always executed the same way. If it fits within the context of what's going on, then I don't feel that they take me out of the story at all.

Based yoda

Why do we have a women representing a women? With proper diversification, we should have had a man playing the female role...after all, gender is just a social construct...

Don't talk about Sofia like that.

Also
>She's a dancer
>Very athletic
>Isn't afraid to get on the floor and move a lot unlike most actresses who have stunt double (cough Gadot sliding on floor)

All religion is bullshit

>Stunt man Tom Cruise up against a dancer
This has to be some of the best casting

Yeah, great pairing. And I can't hate Tom no matter what he's in.

It's the other way around, actually. Wonder Woman was praised for not reason other than because it was about Wonder Woman.

No. The film sucked because Cruise and Wallis have no chemistry and yet we have to suffer their constant banter, huge parts of the script were leaden expo-speak, the 9/11 references are more on-the-nose than a Transformers film, and the editing is haphazard.

No BvS was horrible from start to finish

Fuck off.

Punisher in a Batsuit V The Sentry: Dawn of Hamfisted Biblical References: Extended Jar of Piss Edition™ fucking sucked my man

You arguments boil down to "NOT MUH" shit. It's pathetic. Specially in regards to something based on a DC property, a company that was build on the concept of parallel universes and diverse interpretations. So fuck off.

"Not muh" is a valid argument. Snyder thinks he knows better than 7+ decades of characterizations but he doesn't. He's just an edgy manchildren. He fundamentally fails at understanding the basic traits of extremely popular characters he's making a movie about. If he wanted to make a movie about an edgy, brooding mass murderer with very little detective skills, he should have made a Punisher movie. Or hell, maybe even a Deathstroke movie. The multiverse argument is stupid because the very reason it exists is to not fuck with the current beloved timeline/characterization. Nobody would want to see main universe Batman act like Batfleck in the comics

Basically, the only people who liked this movie are the ones that don't really give a shit about Batman and Superman

>You arguments boil down to "NOT MUH" shit. It's pathetic. Specially in regards to something based on a DC property, a company that was build on the concept of parallel universes and diverse interpretations. So fuck off.

>Yes this movie may be shit, but in a parallel universe it is good

I want to cuddle her.

> She is Jaylah.

>the only people who liked this movie are the ones that don't really give a shit about Batman and Superman
I don't give a shit about either and didn't like it too. It was simply not a good movie. Not that it was just hard to care about the characters, the plot didn't make me look forward to what happens next either. I have no idea how close Nolan was to the originals but he made capekino.

>The multiverse argument is stupid because the very reason it exists is to not fuck with the current beloved timeline/characterization.

The current beloved timeline/characterization began in 2011 and has been changed significantly recently in 2016 by the Rebirth initiative. The main timeline/characterization prior to the 2011 reboot was a lot different. DC constantly reboot or retcons it's main comics and character characterizations. They did it in the 50s, they did it again in the 80s, they did somewhat in 2006, they did it like i said in 2011 and they're doing it right now following 2016.

So shut the fuck up about the "NOT MUH" complaints, your fucking casual. You probably think that the old cartoons are just like the comics and that the movies should have based their shit on it as well.

The movie wasn't shitty, though. Only had a more open and daring interpretation of these iconic characters that have changed so much throughout the years since their creation.

If you think Lex was always this confident and suave bald businessman with a bass voice you're a sorrily mistaken.