We just got Bruce back and people already want to get rid of him?

We just got Bruce back and people already want to get rid of him?
You can't get rid of a decades old character just to meet some inane need to push a p.c. agenda. Creating new characters is fine as long as you develop their own unique character and identity.
comicbookresources.com/article/batman-muhammad-ali-dc-comics-rebirth-disconnect-the-mission

No. Hell no.

How can I build up Duke if Batman fans don't want him in the book period to the point they will not buy it?

DC wont go for this.

> Yet, I found "Batman: Rebirth" to be not as engaging as I was hoping for, not the declaration of war on Marvel Comics
> declaration of war on Marvel Comics
Wat

>DC getting rid of their most popular character that just managed 52 issues of 100k+ sales
Sales started going down when Jim was Batman even though Bruce was still there, and DC had GL as their top seller when Dick was Batman until Bruce came back.

>people already want

You mean "a person." A person who you're giving more attention to.

It's just some race baiter using the death of Muhammad Ali to push his agenda.

If the author was serious about Duke getting pushed into a leading role then gaining a fanbase as a supporting character is the best thing for him.

Give him his own book! oh wait, they did, and it sucked.

It's even more baffling the second time he says it.
>Such a man could not be a protégé of Batman, as was done with the 2011 series "Batwing," or existing in a parallel world. He would be in this world, in our time, and exist as the means by which DC Comics could show an extraordinary level of courage and confidence, to match the extraordinary conceits of their superhero mythology. It would snuff the categorizations of Marvel's Black Panther and Nighthawk characters as "The Black Batman," rendering such arguments irrelevant in the shadow of a wealthy Black adult male with a bat on his body armor-covered chest. A move like that would be a statement of war against their competitor, Marvel Comics.

I have three questions to that: How? Why? And lastly, The Fuck?

I think it's cuz casualfags think of the MCU when they think of superheroes nowadays, and so especially in the wake of BvS vs Civil War, they can only understand DC in the context of "THEY'RE LIKE MARVEL'S ARCHENEMIES RIGHT?"

>Lucius did nothing
Does the author lack reading comprehension? Lucius singlehandedly saved Bruce's company and Bruce acknowledges that.

To sum up the article, since Ali died, DC should change batman to be black.

It's one think piece by one dude, relax.
It'd be cool if DC had a black hero that's as popular and well-known as Black Panther and Storm are. For some reason, Cyborg never seems to stick. Maybe do more with Mr Terrific or bring Static Shock back or something.

This is the same writer who got really weird over Helena not immediately being stated as black and talked to Seeley about it before apologizing in another article later lol

>Maybe Helena Bertinelli is just an alias, her whole reported life a piece of fiction, and she's really someone else, a bi-racial someone else.
>Or maybe she's exactly what she is written as, but colored as something else.
>I guess we'll find out when Helena has Dick's baby.
>She or he will be one beautiful child.

What? Do you even Martian Manhunter?

>a young, urban Black male teenager as sidekick to a wealthy White man of entitlement-supported privilege, represents this aspiration of Black youth?
Except Duke comes from an upper-class family as well?

Oh yeah, that was super weird. That was the one where he complained about interracial relationships, right?

>Lucius and Duke did nuffin
Well, to be fair that could be a legit complaint levied against the book, but it's retarded to think it's racism in action. BATMAN doesn't get to do much in Batman Rebirth. It's not about bigotry, it's about bullshit decompression

The New Batman should be Cass Cain.

He's awesome, but it's not the same. He's not even from Earth.

Technically he's not black.

Guys here's an idea. Let's not fucking talk about it. Every single time we complain about something, some SJWs see it as an attack and they start supporting the concept a shit ton. If we ignore it they will too.

He's green.

I heard they lost the rights to the Milestone characters because of how atrocious the nu52 Static book was.

>>a young, urban Black male teenager as sidekick to a wealthy White man of entitlement-supported privilege, represents this aspiration of Black youth?
And so it begins.

Then we should turn Wonder Woman into Christina Gricci, turn the justice league gay and have Killer Croc eat some kids.

>trying to beat the system

Give in, user.

...that's regrettable.

>I need my minority characters to be on the nose

Idiots like you are why they replaced him with Cyborg. MM does just fine with showing the struggles of being a minority on Earth.

>SJW suggests something completely retarded
>"Wow, that's fucking stupid."
>"LOOK AT THIS RACIST BIGOT DC! YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!"

>Mr Terrific

People care less about him than they do Cyborg. At least Cyborg has his Teen Titans cartoon fanbase.

>Static
Milestone has the rights.

Are you kidding?

Martian Manhunter isn't black, he's green.

And when he's green, he's transracial.

And being transracial is being transphobic, especially since MM doesn't identify as a black man, he just uses it as one of his many guises to live on earth.

DC should be ashamed for having the Martian Manhunter have a black alternate identity. It takes away from both black people and trans people at the same time.

#boycottMartianManhunter

He's green, user.

Someone's triggered

Now c'mon user, wouldn't you rather see her be THE ORPHAN?

I dunno why nobody remembered her new codename in Batman Inc., but I do know that without the bat-ears or at least the cowl from her n52 outfit, she looks like a gimp.

White Martian detected.

Only SJWs get triggered. We are rightfully angry and rational

Hes a minority and shows the struggles of minority's. Saying he needs to be black to show that is inherently racist. Skin color doesn't matter to anyone except racist and that holds especially true for minorities since most can seem to tell the difference between being a racist and being proud of your heritage.

Bringing Cass back was a mistake.

But Harper is stupid.

YOU CAN'T PROVE THAT!

He's a less interesting Superman.

So they're admitting that making Batman black would just be to have a top black character? Fuck neoliberalism, man.

Black guy here and let me just say that when people advocate a character should be made black to "represent us" I find it incredibly racist. I am a person, I can be represented by any other person in comics, the color of their skin doesn't matter to me.

News has been quiet but they're working on reviving Milestone and putting out a couple hardcovers a year. They're releasing a Static action figure this August and there's a script for a Static Shock TV show already written.

Calling it, Scott Snyder and John Romita, Jr. Unite for All-Star ..Black Batman.

DELETE THIS

Whatever happened to Batwing?

Wasn't he the 'black batman' for awhile?

yes that's true.

But OGNs sell like ass, so they'll probably put out two or three overall then quit due to it selling poorly.

Relegated to the Europa league

The fact that he/she thinks that comic book companies need to fight to the death in order to properly entertain their readers is just......

His book was cancelled due to low sales then he showed up in Batman Eternal and Batgirl

Had a pretty good storyline in the former and was basically a useless piece of cardboard in the latter

You're doing what they want you retards. They're gonna use our hate for the idea as a means to fuel their movement.

Well he's right in a sense DC is trying to raise their sales but there aren't enough new readers so it's more like readers moving from one publisher to the next
But if he's not talking about that then I dunno what's he talking about

This could just be a false flag, but whatever, this is what I've been saying.

When Marvel started diversifying their roster in recent years, it should've immediately come across as hardcore pandering, which is pretty offensive that they think so little of their reader base.

If you really wanted to diversify the roster, why not push existing characters like Luke Cage or Falcon or Black Panther or just write a new one?
>Nope! Let's just stick Falcon in the Cap. suit! Regular black heroes won't sell! They need to piggyback off of an existing white character's success!

We are Robin was awesome, what are you talking about?

This, before the whole all new all different bullshit, Marvel's minority characters were actually pretty fucking good. They should have just put more representation for them instead of going ahead and replacing other good characters.

Who was gonna buy a Falcon book otherwise?

How about the French Batman? DC made him a a Algerian parkour from a Paris ghetto lol.

Falcon was only cool in the MCU thanks to Mackie.

Yeah, I liked it as well, but I don't think a lot of people actually read it.

Truth.

Why is Batman standing in front of a yellow Daredevil suit?

I liked Nightrunner.

Yeah, the suit is AWFUL and "Lark" is such a stupid name for a superhero.

I really like that costume.

It looks Sentai as fuck.

Lark? Wow, so the whole thing is just a joke huh?

Lark hasn't been confirmed yet.

Has he appeared in anything recently, I feel DC wants to forget him.

Not any dumber than 'Robin'

What about Steel, GL John Stewart & Black Lightning?

How about Black Bat?

It's actually 100x worse.

Please, explain how.

Robin is a name used by normal people.

>Steel
Remember that movie?
Also he's a supporting character, ike Nightwing or soemthing.

>John Stewart
He's not Hal. Anyway the rumors for the movie are Hal, John, and Kyle, I think, with Hal being older than the other two.

>Black Lightning
You mean older black electric guy who is less well known than Static, John, and Cyborg?

Face it.

Cyborg is the most well known black guy that they have full rights to and doesn't fuck with any other character.

That's racist.

>bright fucking yellow
Does he want to be seen or get killed?

Except it has.

In the Endgame vision/hallucination Bruce had, Duke's name was Lark and he had a similar costume to what was shown in the batcave.
Snyder wouldn't do that if he wasn't gonna be called Lark.

He's not an subtle writer.

>complaining about bright outfits on a batcharacter

Really?

Because the word Lark is not only a bird but literally means "a joke."

It isn't

I don't think any of the Batman Inc members have appeared anywhere recently.

It was basically an Elseworlds. They're making a whole thing of keeping Luke's codename a secret right now, so I doubt they'd actually use Lark, there's just no point.

>lark2
>lärk/
>informal
>noun
>noun: lark; plural noun: larks
>something done for fun, especially something mischievous or daring; an amusing adventure or escapade.

Sounds like an okay name to me then.

Fuck this.

It's time for Skyrocket to make a comeback.

DC wants their own Iron Man? She could easily fill that shoe and has the bonus of still being a minority.

>They're making a whole thing of keeping Luke's codename a secret right now, so I doubt they'd actually use Lark, there's just no point.
Or... Duke has to work up to the name or choose one himself...

>Joseph Phillip Illidge
Of course he would want that.

You're right. Having a black Batman/Robin named "a goof" is actually perfect.

How does that mean "a goof"

The only other character who has a bright outfit or color is classic robin and that's a yellow cape trim. Batman, Nightwing, Red Robin, Catwoman, and everyone else has dark outfits.

>something done for fun, especially something mischievous or daring; an amusing adventure or escapade
>a goof

Did the damifag start using proper grammar and not brush up on the rest of the english language or something?

Today I am reminded of the average age of posters on /co

>Robin
red, yellow, green, black
>Red Robin
His new outfit is red, yellow, green. Old one was half red
>Nightwing
has bright blue on it, used to be 80% sky blue and 20% yellow
>batgirl
new outfit has lots of yellow
>bluebird
blue

I really hope it's intentional and not sloppiness, because I want Duke to have a code name but I don't want him to be Lark.
I would have liked for him to be Robin, but that's not happening.

The Damifag admitted to being 12 or something or yeah, you need to leave.

Natasha Irons is the superior Black Female Iron Man.

Thank goodness she's gonna be in Superwoman written by a good writer instead of being written by Jurgens or Tomasi

All the new shit hardly counts as a source for classic batman.

Besides the colors you listed, they might have color but they're all dark colors.