ITT: Movies That Critics Hated But Audiences Loved

Hope I post on the right board this time...

Other urls found in this thread:

fictionpress.com/s/3206139
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Critics have superior opinions. That's why they're critics in the first place.

How about both?

Install gentoo

>Netflix

Go away! Someone on Sup Forums needs your help deciding on which programming language to learn first.

you liked bill nye saves the world?

>people upboat ignorance and buffoonery
>people downboat literal education

so audiences are morons, basically

Are film critics important?

Yes, but people are hopelessly incorrect about critics. They think that because critics speak on things they did and didn't like or thought were good or bad, that critics are interested in the quality of a movie. Wrong. Critics are interested in how movies perform at the box office, and as an extension how much influence they exhibit, and the reviews themselves are merely the tool of the trade to reach that end.

Things get a lot simpler when you accept this and move past ingesting their shit.

>31 critic reviews
>996 user ratings

no one even watched it

>education
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAZHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Big one was the original Ace Ventura.

rare case of both being wrong. this movie was hilarious

Shows a true DISCONNECT and cant handle any RAUNCHY SUMMER COMEDIES

Fuck the critics.

kek this is 100% because of that phenomenon that only people who liked the movie would go review it, because everyone else cared so little

>Your Name received critical acclaim for its animation and emotional impact, and was also a major commercial success, becoming the fourth highest-grossing film of all time in Japan, the 7th-highest grossing traditionally animated film and the highest-grossing anime film worldwide, with a total gross of more than $353 million.

I think people watched it.

It made more money that Spirited away, pocahontas, hunchback, mulan, lilo and stitch, bambi, hows moving castle, little mermaid, pokemon the first movie etc etc.

'tismKino

My patrician. Best action thriller I've seen in a while

>mfw Lthgow starts giving his final big villain speech and Affleck unceremoniously shoots him in the fucking head

Oh so your telling me an anime movie made in anime land was watched by anime fans? Color me shocked

well a litty movie made in litty land for people who like to get litty isnt doing so hot atm because of critics who cant handle the raunch

so anything's possible

How nearly half of the critics rated this as rotten is beyond me. It was a great movie.

Super Troopers is the best comedy of the 21st century

the super mario brothers

>That critic rating

*heavy sigh*

>no baywatch

I bet you fags don't even get litty

FINDS

>highest grossing anime film of all time
>grossed higher than Spirited Away
>hurr durr no one watched it durrr

Fairly sure most of the negative reviews are purely because they got triggered by weaponized autism.

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139

Nice bait.

>anime film
so it needs its own category to be relevent? nobody gives a shit about animes except chinks and faggots like you

>330 mil
literally nothing. fast and furious movies make 3-4 times that amount

Spirited Away beats it as far as actual ticket sold and butts in seats goes. Spirited Away would probably be close to $500 mill with inflation

The plebeiest of taste.

It literally doesn't, Your Name came out around the time when China finally became a viable movie market. Spirited Away did not.

the first 4 fast and furious movies made less than that

Is it weird how some movies you're not even sure came to theaters yet would have watched them if you knew about them? I'm pretty damn sure Crank only got a sequel on because of video sales and you can only discuss it with some people.

I'm too lasy to look up review scores and really just want an excuse to discuss Crank.

>It literally doesn't, Your Name came out around the time when China finally became a viable movie market. Spirited Away did not.

so what you're saying is Your Names 330mil gross was carried by ez China money ontop of inflation

>tfw no crank 3

Why do we suffer?

I don't think the world could handle the power of the crank trilogy, so it was cut short in it's prime.

or y'know, the first one cost 10 mil and made 40 and the second one cost 20 and made 34, so chances are the third would cost 30 and make like, 22 so it wasn't a good sell.

but fuck that I'm going with the unimaginable power of the trilogy being too much for existence to handle.

I'd be up for a reboot/remake though.

>so what you're saying is Your Names 330mil gross was carried by ez China money ontop of inflation

Spirited Away made a piddly $28 million on other territories and a measly $289 million overall (most of it from Japan).

This means that Your Name sold more tickets. Also:

>Japanese yen
>inflation
>implying the yen inflated during the Lost Decade

Please keep moving the goal post.

R A U N C H Y
A
U
N
C
H
Y

Maybe

>Critics have superior opinions. That's why they're critics in the first place.
You couldn't possibly be more wrong.

>muh weeb movie