Does this TV show have the deepest lore?

Does this TV show have the deepest lore?

pls summarize for me and I will determine that for you

No. of episodes 13,101 (as of June 2, 2017)[2]

No its just the longest shit

Wow, and do they keep track of the lore and adhere to it or just make shit up randomly without consideration to what has happened before?

isnt it kind of crazy to think there are people who have been watching it regularly for literal decades

My mom has

I think it's been pretty consistent, follows 2 main families or something

kek

other memorable storylines include the 1968 story of amnesiac Tom Horton, Jr., who returns from Korea believing he is someone else and then proceeds to romance his younger sister Marie

Put your mom on the computer, I want to ask her something.

>isnt it kind of crazy to think there are people who have been watching it regularly for literal decades
Soaps real popular in Prison. Niggers love that shit.

Niggers are such fucking faggots.

Ain't got nothing better to do

Hold my beer

that is so rude

Guiding Light had existed as a television for drama for almost 60 years when it went off the air, and it was a radio drama for fifteen years before that.

>replaced by Let's Make a Deal featuring Wayne Brady
ignominious af

looks like Days of our lives will overtake it within a few years then

Yeah in 5k+ episodes, so like 15 years

So much better.

Holy fucking shit.

TV only damn it, only gotta close 2K or so

No deal. GL started before TV was even a thing so radio counts.

>that is so rude
True fact. Rude? What? The Nigger part or the soap addiction part?

>only

I mean, I guess theyre going to do it, but it's insane to think about.

Daily episodes with no name actors and a script which basically writes itself. Not too difficult. It's not like anybody could possibly keep up with the "plot".

It really is, isn't it
>called days of our lives
>image of a hourglass
>viewers spent their entire life keeping up with it
pretty fucking bleak

My Grandpa is all over Bold and the Beautiful. He used to go to work early just so he could get off in time to watch it.

>viewers spent their entire life keeping up with it
>implying it's anything more than background noise to their target audience (stay at home moms and spinsters)

I remember in the mid 80s my mother would tape this show then we'd go to my grandmother's house so they could watch it. It's still airing? Jesus Christ. Bet none of you underage remember Stefano or Bo or how Carrie got acid thrown in her face.

>Bet none of you underage remember Stefano or Bo or how Carrie got acid thrown in her face.
Not underaged, but last time I checked I had testicles so I wouldn't know anything about Soaps at all

When you're younger than ten and get dragged everywhere you tend to do whatever the adults are doing. In my case I was sitting on the floor playing army men or using my Lite Brite and watching Days of Our Lives with Ma and granny.

It's mainly put on in the background while mom is cleaning the house or cheating on her husband.

My mom watched this during the summer in the 80s because she was a teacher. Didn't stephano have an eye patch? I just remember a lot of hot blondes.

my white sibling

He didn't have the eyepatch when I watched, not that I remember anyway. He was a mob boss.

Kek i remember watching it as a kid with my mom in the early 00s and there was a guy with an eyepatch

Most soaps will probably run with the same thing for a few years, but after a while, the entire cast will get replaced, as does the viewership. These things are meant to run forever.

As of a couple of years ago, Stefano was still on. And I will still tune in occasionally while in the gym to catch up on whatever idiotic scheme the DiMera's currently have to wreak vengence on this shitty midwestern city.

That was Patch.

He was brought back recently to appeal that hot 45-55 y/o demographic.

In the late 80s, mom watched All My Children. We only had three channels so three different Soap operas at once.

>babbies first lore

naw my mom legit watches it everyday at 12, probably remembers most story lines as well

Your mom needs a job, and don't say raising you was the job because you're here so obviously something went wonky.

My Grandma watched that until it ended or whatever and only follows General Hospital now.

I used to get into it but now it just irks me how actors change when I get used to them playing a character only to be replaced.

Sonny Corinthos' actor has been on there since I was a kid and I kinda like his storylines about random mobs want to take him down or how they have him as a schizophrenic because the actor apparently has it. These shows are just wish fulfillment and about how much women can hate and love characters.

My parents are old school so yes that is how it went

I'm here because I'm an autist same as the rest of yall.

My nig

This is my dumb carrot, and these are the Days of Our Lives

HI I'm his mom what's up

Stefano was a top-tier recurring villian and sometimes anti-hero. I think that is something Soap Operas do well, is morally-grey characters; it might be a result of volume, as a popular character can go 10-20 years and there are bound to be arcs where they do questionable things or have questionable motives. But I also think it's because roguish drifters and flawed men that can be fixed, and is a character archetype that appeals to their demographic.
>These shows are just wish fulfillment and about how much women can hate and love characters.
Basically this. Brooding, flawed men and unscrupulous rogues that can be fixed and tamed by the love of a good women is catnip for bored housewives.

I always thought he said "This is Mah Gum Car".

I caught some episodes when I was a kid and had no options for summer daytime tv. Marlena was possessed by the devil, and her ex John who was then a priest was performing the episode. Next year a rich guy named Stefano had Marlena locked in a lucite cell (think Silence of the Lambs) in a subterranean hideout in Paris. I believe his stated intention was to let her out once she was in love with him, or something along those lines.

There was also a situation where an evil girl in her 20s named Sammy had amnesia and was therefore no longer evil, but once she got her memory back she was evil again and used the goodwill she earned while an amnesiac to further her original manipulations.

It was okay.

>performing the episode
*the exorcism.

Who /boldandthebeautiful/ here?

my screen writing professor used to write for this

The John and Marlena arc was pretty weird. In the 80s, they recast the role of Marlena's husband , Roman, with the part going to the actor who ended up playing John. Of course, tho, Stefano had created this fake Roman as a pawn to destroy Marlena and others in Salem. When the actor who really played Roman decided to come back to the show, Marlena then decided to stay with fake Roman/John---then she got possessed by the devil.

>the show that gave us Nick The Pimp and pic related

I'm one to usually think that the limeys do the 'soaps' thing better than we do but, I have a great affection for 80's era Days of Our Lives

>Stefano was a top-tier recurring villian and sometimes anti-hero. I think that is something Soap Operas do well, is morally-grey characters; it might be a result of volume, as a popular character can go 10-20 years and there are bound to be arcs where they do questionable things or have questionable motives

I started watching this indirectly in the 80s b/c my mother and so many of my friends mothers watched it, thus it hovered around us, and I thought it would be cool to be Stefano DiMera. Shit, i still will tune in occassonally today to see what Tony/Andre Dimera is up to, largely because the actor (who i think is independently wealthy) is clearly having such a great time in that villain role.

B&B is still king of soapkino

I still remember the music when the show came on. Can't believe my mom used to watch this shit.