about to watch pic related
I hope you don't disappoint me this time, Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

collider.com/guillermo-del-toro-mountains-of-madness-artwork-video/
youtube.com/watch?v=5kENuvJ2MIA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's shit

>from the executive producer of

This. You got duped by shills, just like with It Follows and Babadook and The VVitch.

Just watch the damn thing.

What about It Comes At Night?

what's wrong with that

Name 5 executive producers

Except witch was good

Ben Affleck, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Matt Damon, Jon Hamm, Johnny Depp

All those movies are fine. The worst you can say is that they're overrated, calling mediocre things 'shit' is Sup Forumseddit-tier behaviour.

The Witch was okay

This had some goat atmosphere and wicked nice practical effects but made very little sense and left too much unexplained
Would watch the sequel tho

Not really.

just finished it
I liked it.

shit taste

it's a good lovecraftian horror flick

This. It's a really good Lovecraftian movie. It might have fallen a bit short without the visual effects but the Lovecraftian themes really make up for it. I really wish there were more Lovecraftian movies out there. It's only once in a while that a Lovecraftian movie (like this Lovecraftian movie) comes out. It's a pity.

No.

It's a generic horror flick disguised with a lovecraftian theme that is never really explored. If you're an avid horror fan you've seen this shit before, it's a mash up of other movies without a true identity.

this. its terrible

I know, I was taking the piss. "Lovecraftian" might as well just be a buzzword at this point.

Do you "recognize" their executive producing skills in their movies? Is that some kind of author marking, or just a random "let's put the name of a movie you know in this new movie, in case you trust us"?

Literally "as seen on TV" tier marketing.

That's a Doom 1 texture am I right?

Correct

Its alright, better effects than anything else, plus a pretty good lovecraftian atmosphere. Its not perfect but it's fun.

Also those fucking cultists are cool looking as shit

please name those other movies. i actually want to know so i can watch them, i need more like this

VVITCH was okay, babadook was pure shit however, shit child actor ruined it for me, the void is B-Movie tier, the visuals are good but the characters are shit, played by bad actors and the scenario nonsensical

Splinter
The Resurrected
From Beyond
The Thing
The Mist
Event Horizon
Hellraiser
Baskin
The Beyond
Society
In The Mouth of Madness
2001 A Space Odyssey

Kek

>unironically using the word lovecraftian
>probably never read a Lovecraft story

Most of these range from mediocre to decent. When will we get Lovecraft kino? Will GDT ever make At The Mountains of Madness?

I didn't care for the Babadook but the child actor wasn't shit, saying he's bad because you got annoyed by how he acted(like a brat) was the intended purpose

>Will GDT ever make At The Mountains of Madness?

collider.com/guillermo-del-toro-mountains-of-madness-artwork-video/

The Void was so much better than Splinter, and that's actually not saying much.

I'm not surprised by anything in that article but it doesn't stop me from being frustrated. I understand the studio's concern, though. With that said, they mentioned animation as an alternative. Maybe he should pitch it to one of the big streaming services; they've been quite bold in their concepts so far compared to typical TV. Also, do you have any idea if Del Toro's Monster adaptation with HBO is still alive?

No clue, user. But the dude has had a bad streak with AtMoM, Hellboy 3 and the Pacific Rim sequel so I wouldn't be surprised if his other projects are going down the shitter as well

Probably the closest thing to a Lovecraftian movie I have seen since Dagon. Decent special effects, trippy otherwordly unexplainable shit. Worth a watch.

Feels bad. I long for the day he releases something that will rival Pan's Labyrinth.

What are your thoughts on Crimson Peak? I've yet to see it, but I'm getting the urge now. I'm not expecting a masterpiece, so I think I'll like it. I assume the visuals are dazzlingly macabre, as always.

I agree. I fucking hate when people say the kid in Babadook was a bad actor. He was supposed to be annoying during the first half of the movie because that's what drives the mom mad and allows the audience to empathize with her a little so as to not just think she is an evil bitch. The second half of the movie he is not annoying at all. Also he was 7 years old during filming.

For an actually bad child actor, look to the kid in The Road.

We're basically on the same boat. I haven't seen it, but the dude is taking so long to release something that I might as well watch it soon

haha fair enough. I hope you enjoy it. Cheers, user.

I fucking loved it.

The mute kid was the best character, Asian girl was good too.

>Asian girl
Did you know it was Knives from Scott Pilgrim?

i recognise that you've been BTFO

Banshee Chapter
Dagon

Moive is not that good with huge plotholes and a bad story , but it has great aesthetics...

It's got some fun special FX, but don't expect to blown away.

Try this one instead:
youtube.com/watch?v=5kENuvJ2MIA

/thread

the performances in splinter were at least passable. the void had neat visuals but goddamn did the horrible acting knock it down a few notches.