Post some art from your country, anons

Post some art from your country, anons.

Other urls found in this thread:

ancientsculpturegallery.com/seoba-srba-serbian-migrations-by-paja-jovanovic-1896.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Alg50KNl-Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=AOqdCNjq-x0
youtube.com/watch?v=bR3N1yBEGbw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pls

Why are you selling it?
ancientsculpturegallery.com/seoba-srba-serbian-migrations-by-paja-jovanovic-1896.html

>He picked the ugliest Leonardo painting

Ammazzati

>250$

A me piace

He said art

my ancestors :)

Check this out
Also, can you name the person depicted in this painting?

xyecoc franzooskee

"Arnaut" by Paja Jovanović

It's worth 44 million euros. Stop posting IKEA-art

>IKEA-art
>unironically likes squares

I like the painter, he made like A LOT of paintings depicting albanians

Albanian culture is pretty interesting. It's a nice blend of Byzantine, Ottoman and old Albanian.

May I ask something
I have found this testament song but its in montenegrin dialect
Can you just get the concept and tell me what it talks about
youtube.com/watch?v=Alg50KNl-Sk

It's just copies from the painting.

Our best art isn't about particular events or individuals in Norway, but about the land itself.

It's hard to make out what he is saying. i'm thirty seconds in and from what I can tell, it's a black bird telling a story.

>when the drugs hit hard and you get mad munchies

What the fuck Bob?

youtube.com/watch?v=AOqdCNjq-x0

The 1800's was a sort of renaissance for Norwegian art, be it painting, poetry or music.
After 400 years of Danish rule, artists and poets wanted capture the imagination of the nation, and to define what it ment to be Norwegian.
youtube.com/watch?v=bR3N1yBEGbw

Really? That makes it more interesting

Musicians in the Orchestra (1872)

WTF??

As thought provoking as it is beautiful

Water Lilies (1915-1926)

Here some more 'Water Lilies - Green Reflections' (1915-1926)

Last one 'The Water-lily Pond' (1918)

Vatican City isn't Italy

Makes sense. Art reflects culture. Catholic countries loved flamboyant creations for their gods and kings, thats why they have baroque and Louis XVI-style, in the Netherlands we were very protestant so excessiveness was look down upon and calvinism praised ordinary life and struggle. thats why Vermeer painting housescenes and street scenes are evocative and representational of the Netherlands. but Norway? norway has no culture or indeed any contribution to humanity whatsoever, so it makes sense you had to resort too painting Nature.

s

Nice try, pancake-land.

Kalervo Palsa. Social outcast, outsider artist, alcoholic and avid masturbator.

What does this piece even represent?

>Social outcast, outsider artist, alcoholic and avid masturbator
Isn't that normal in Finland?

Judging by the white uniform i'd guess a Prussian, as to who exactly, id probably say Frederick the Great.

this one's fake btw

me

that's napoleon on that one island he was exiled to. it's so obvious

Imagine what it takes to be all that in finnish context and you get a picture of what kind of personality we are dealing with.

Huge if big

Rule, Britannia.

I was thinking Napoleon in exile

boob

>aidstugal

First line of wiki article about his life:
Among his local contemporaries of Kittilä in Lapland he had the reputation of a drunken artist masturbating at home and painting furiously.

Boy...

Probably i am just ignorant, but painting other living beans is not forbid en by Islam?

Jeff Jordan

There's a local guy named Jeff Jordan, just got in a lot of trouble for killing 3 dogs.

This one.
Funny how everything that was wrong with Poland half a millenia ago is still a source of problems for us.

What is the context for this painting?

„Stańczyk during a ball at the court of Queen Bona in the face of the loss of Smolensk”

Stańczyk (the jester) is shown sitting alone in a dark room, while a ball, hosted by the royal family, is in full swing in the neighbouring hall. His appearance is unlike that one would expect in a jester – gloomy, deep in thought. His seriousness is reinforced by his accessories: his marotte lies discarded on the floor, whereas a holy medallion of the Black Madonna of Częstochowa can be seen on his torso. The wrinkled carpet at Stanczyk's feet could have been formed by his collapsing heavily into the chair upon reading the letter, or through a nervous shifting of the feet thereafter. On the table lies a letter likely announcing that Poland has lost Smolensk (now in Russia) to the Grand Duchy of Muscovy, causing Stańczyk's sorrow and reflection on his fatherland's fate. The letter seems to have been discarded by some official, and only the jester realizes its significance – while the rulers are partying, celebrating the recent victory at the battle of Orsha, disregarding the bad news about Smolensk A lute, symbol of glory, is being carried by a midget, stereotyped as a person of low stature and morale in Matejko's time; this suggests a decline of the Jagiellon dynasty's fortunes. The window is thrown - or was blown - open, ruffling the tablecloth and alluding to an upset of the present order. Through the open window, the darkened profile of Wawel Cathedral in Krakow is visible - the site of the coronation of Polish kings. Next to it, a comet is seen – a portent of ill fortune. The imagery of downfall is completed with the inclusion of the three stars of Orion's Belt. In Greek mythology, Orion was a powerful hunter blinded by ego and his own greatness, but was ultimately brought down by the pinprick of a scorpion's sting.

Thank you.

love british art tb h

Unfortunately I can't find a bigger picture.

It's a painting close to my heart. A group of hungarian mercenaries present the head of a turkish-aligned hungarian ruler to the romanian ruler of wallachia, moldova and transylvania.

The best painting ever made

Of course, I forgot to post the painting.

This painting was painted by one of my ancestors :), it depicts a French soldier on his deathbed during the Franco-Prussian war
I've got a few paintings of his son, Nils Forsberg jr, in my house

another painting that he made, this one potrays the cruelty that was inflicted on children by the gypsys who ran the circuses in our contries

Newlyborn infant (1648)

I could do that too when i was a kid.

I could aswell, most kids can I think. That's besides the point, you should focus on the child, the whip, the other children and the aristocrats.

but did you get whipped,beaten and left starving if you didnt do it on command?

The Coronation of the Virgin (1453)

The title of the painting can be roughly translated as "liberation". It's about hanging yourself on your own sexual frustration. It almost creates an ouroboros in which sexual drive liberates and hangs you alternately. I like to think of Palsa as a proto-NEET.

I do too, love me some Constable or Turner
Seascape Study with Rain Cloud (c.1824)

I am not a dog.

I saw some of his works. He was definitively a shitposter.
>"Kofeiiniton kahvi, alkoholiton viina, pilluttomat naiset, mulkuttomat miehet. Sitä täällä on. Amerikassa."
>Translation: "Coffee without caffeine, liquor without alcohol, women without cunts, men without cocks. That's what is in here. In America."

Judith and holofernes best caravaggio picture
fight me if you disagree