Plain lo in the morning

Plain lo in the morning.
Lola in slacks.
Lois Lane. Mmm. Come see the view. Um... Mmm-mmm.
Now the secret to the height is the building material. It's light metals which sway a bit in the wind. Hmm. And you know something about lexcorp metals, don't you, miss Lane?
>I've proven what you've done.
Wow, you're feisty. Unfortunately, that will blow away. Like sand in the desert.
>You're psychotic.
That is a three-syllable word for any thought too big for little minds. Hmm.
Next category: Circles. Round and round and round they go to find superman. Wrong category, boy. No, no, triangles. Yes, euclid's triangle inequality. The shortest distance between any two points is a straight path. And I believe the straightest path to superman is a pretty little road... Mmm. Called Lois Lane.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vC46ZLC33hw#t=73
my.mixtape.moe/sdhyak.mkv
my.mixtape.moe/feqlii.mkv
m.youtube.com/watch?v=skZbdZABKi4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You came back.
You came back.

Boy, do we have problems up here! The problem of...Of evil in the world. Uh, the problem of absolute virtue.
>I'll take you in without breaking you. Which is more than you deserve.
The problem of you on top of everything else. You above all. Ah, because that's what god is. Horus. Apollo. Jehovah. Kal-El.
Clark. Joseph. Kent.
See, what we call god depends upon our tribe, Clark-Joe. Because god is tribal. God takes sides. No man in the sky intervened when I was a boy to deliver me from daddy's fist and abominations. Mmm. I figured out way back, if god is all-powerful, he cannot be all-good. And if he is all-good, then he cannot be all-powerful. And neither can you be. They need to see the fraud you are. With their eyes. The blood on your hands.

>What have you done?
Hmm. And tonight, they will. Yes. Because you, my friend, have a date. Hmm. Across the bay. Ripe fruit, his hate. Two years growing. But it did not take much to push him over, actually. Little red notes, big bang. You let your family die! And now you will fly to him. And you will battle him. To the death. Black and blue. Fight night! The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world. God versus man. Day versus night. Son of Krypton versus bat of Gotham.
>You think I'll fight him for you?
Hmm, yes, I do. I think you will fight-fight-fight for that special lady in your life.
>She's safe on the ground. How about you?
Close, but I am not talking about Lois. No. Every boy's special lady is his mother.
Martha, Martha, Martha.
Hmm.
Why, the mother of a flying demon must be a witch. The punishment for witches, what is that?
That's right.
Death by fire.

>plain lo in the morning
is lex /ourguy/?

>Where is she?
I don't know! I would not let them tell me! Uh-uh-uh! If you kill me, Martha dies. And if you fly away, mmm, Martha also dies. But if you kill the bat... Martha lives.
There we go. There we go. Hmm. And now god bends to my will.
Ooh, now the cameras are waiting at your ship. For the world to see the holes in the holy. Yes, the almighty comes clean about how dirty he is when it counts. To save Martha, bring me the head of the bat.
Mother of god, would you look at the time? When you came here, you had an hour. Now it's less.

This is the best fucking villain scene ever put to film, and I dare anyone to contradict me. I got chills just reading it. Terrio is a genius, Eisenberg is a true thespian, and Snyder is and always shall be a god.

>No man in the sky intervened when I was a boy to deliver me from daddy's fist and abominations.

>They need to see the fraud you are. With their eyes. The blood on your hands.

And to think Zuckerberg plans on running in 2020.

Thhat's Moot, you dumbass

So why'd he kill Mercy?

>and abominations
What does that mean?

They show why he killed her in this scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=vC46ZLC33hw#t=73

Lex is bathing in the glow of the Kryptonite thinking about how he's going to kill Superman, and Mercy walks up unannounced to share in his triumph. When he sees her he's shocked and then seething that she thinks she's his partner. So he kills her in the very next scene.

Messed up shit he did to Lex

there's a reason why this version is more femme than masculine

As an alibi. If his own assistant died while he was in bathroom, it makes his survival of the bombing seem coincidental and buys him time to avoid immediate suspicion.
:

Eisenberg was legit great, why don't people appreciate this.

I get that the whole BvS love is a meme you reddit faggots came up with. but do you lads honestly not think that every performance in this film was shit, particular eisenberg, which is why people claim he should've won an oscar?

No. This is why Your explanation is the kind of bullshit plot thing that no one actually cares about.

nice memes, and "BvS is great" is not a meme

For half of the BvS posters, I really think this is the case. What a bizarre meme. But then again, Bane posting genuinely convinced people that TDKR was a masterpiece that surpassed TDK.

>Plain lo in the morning.
Based Lex is a Nabokov fan
>The problem of you on top of everything else. You above all
Is this the only real reason Lex hates supes in the film? Everything else he says just seems like an excuse

>What a bizarre meme.
It's not a meme, get it through your thick skull.

And yes, TDKR was above average and nobody thinks TDKR>TDK.

>Is this the only real reason Lex hates supes in the film? Everything else he says just seems like an excuse
Did you even read the speech?

Ah the old "liking BvS is a meme" meme

>Did you even read the speech?
Yeah, but it kinda seems superficial, compared to the rest of the reasons. He talked about his dad lovingly to the senator, when he thought it would work, to get something he wanted, then he turns his image of his dad around on superman, to try to get him to do what he wants. plus I think Eisenberg himself said that he was lying to superman on the building

I do find the themes of family and identity really interesting in MoS and BvS

>then he turns his image of his dad around on superman, to try to get him to do what he wants
He's not lying this time. Lex only confides his fears to his enemies, because he knows they're going to die.

>plus I think Eisenberg himself said that he was lying to superman on the building

one word: bullshit.

The word "philanthropist" comes from the Greek. Meaning a lover of humanity. Uh, it was coined about 2,500 years ago......

Gods and men.
Prometheus went with us.And he ruined Zeus' plan to destroy mankind, and for that he was given a thunderbolt. CHOOOOOOOOOMM!!
Hmm, that seems unfair.

Books are knowledge, and knowledge is power, and I am...
No. Uh, um...No. What am I? I...
What was I saying? No.

The bittersweet pain among men is having knowledge with no power, because...Because that is paradoxical!
And, um...Thank you for coming.
Please drink. Drink.

Isn't it enough? Lex was always a petty fuck. He was never suppose to be a "I see where he's coming from" type of villain. He was laways blaming Superman for his own shortcomings.

>Isn't it enough
no, because this isn't comics where villans cure cancer just like that.

>Man on the marquee!
Yeah, don't believe it. My father named the company after himself. He was the "Lex" in front of the "Corp".
How you doin'?
>Oh, really great.
Really great? Good. Good.
Uh, follow me.
No, uh, dad started saying that he named the company, uh, after his kid at investor pitches.
Rich old ladies. They thought it was very cute, you know? "Write checks for Lex."

>Mother of god, would you look at the time? When you came here, you had an hour. Now it's less.
Of course! That's not Lex Luthor, it's the Mad Hatter.
You fucking idiots!

You know, dad was born in East Germany. He grew up eating, uh, stale crackers. And every other Saturday, he had to march in a paradeand wave flowers at tyrants.
So, I think it was Providence that his son, me, would end up with this. One of my rebuild Metropolis crews found it. Little souvenir from the Kryptonian world engine.
>What does a rock have to do with homeland security?
Homeland security? Hmm. No, no, no, ma'am, planetary security.

>The fragment is of a radioactive xenomineral. We suspected it might have Bio-Interactions so we took the sample to Amriid, where they keep the remains of the Kryptonian decedent. And, when we exposed general Zod to the mineral,this happened.

Profound biodegradation. Decaying Kryptonian cells. We concluded the mineral could be weaponized if a large enough sample was found. And then, among the fishes, a whale!
Ah! Lying at the bottom of the Indian ocean. Emerald city. Beautiful.

Now, rocky is radioactive,but what he needs from you is an import license.
>And why would we want to weaponize this material?
As a deterrent.A silver bullet to keep in reserve,to use against the Kryptonians,so the day does not come, madam, when your children are waving daisies at a reviewing stand!
>Last I looked, the only one of those flying around up here was Superman.
AH, yes.......Yeah, but there are, uh... There are more of them.

>The metahuman thesis.
Yes, the metahuman thesis. More likely than not these exceptional beings live among us. The basis of our myths. Gods among men upon our tiny blue planet here!
Now, you don't have to use a silver bullet. But if you forge one...Well, then, we don't have to depend upon the kindness of monsters.

Both and . H e had logical reasons as well as personal reasons.

>"It's true what they say about little boys: born with no natural inclination to share."

>Lex who speaks of his father in both glowing as well as damning tones never mentions his mother, not even once.

>Luthor saying Superman is short on time is vaguely similar to that one thing DC Comic Villain #2214 said in my funnybook! Of course!

lol no it didn't you fucking retard. It's the shittiest installment of the Nolan trilogy and I've never met anyone who didn't think so.

He doesn't say "CHOOOOM!" He shouts "TRUE!" and glances across the crowd to Diana when he does it. She looks visibly uncomfortable when he does, maybe even a little worried.

There's back story coming. It's dangerous to be a god in their world.

He's very sad and desperate. Always pulling that "meme" shit when in truth he's buttravaged nobody gives a shit about his precious MCU. Poor fuck.

no, I just rewatched it and he says CHOOOM and not "True".

And Diana looked back because Brcue was missing.

>implying Snyder wasn't setting us up for the ultimate Batkino since TDK which we will never get now because of faggot ass Goons and SRS CIA shills shitting on anything that portrays white cis men as powerful role models because of their bizarre fetish for turning the human race into a brown sludge.

my.mixtape.moe/sdhyak.mkv

All this Lexposting is making me suspect there might be yet another nuance to Eisenberg's performance. There are no "hmmms" or "mmms" in his intro scene with the Senators, only conversational fillers like "uhh" and "ahs."

He's stifling himself from speaking all the things he knows.

I definitely hear an "r" in that exclamation.

He's not saying "Truth", there's an "O" in there.

>Boy, do we have problems up here!
don't know why but I keked.

>The devil gets, as usual, the most florid dialogue, and Jesse Eisenberg dispenses it with exuberant intelligence. He steals every scene. In a recent interview in Le Monde, Eisenberg discussed his approach to the role:

>"Luthor becomes a character from Greek tragedy. At least, that’s how I approached it, in accord with the screenwriter. He only talks about ideas, which makes him a profoundly theatrical character. I can also play on a paradox: rendering this individual funny although he behaves in an appalling way, also showing him prone to deep depressions because of his internal conflicts. I did everything I could to theatricalize him in the extreme. I had read lots of the adventures of Superman in comic books, but it was impossible to draw on them to find a way to play Luthor. Too schematic. Too much of a caricature. I reconfigured the character as if he became in fact the center of the film."

>Eisenberg’s gleeful and inventive performance suggests that he may be at his best in a tight framework that restrains his physicality and converges his acting to vocal inflections and turns of phrase, gestures and facial expressions.

>Eisenberg’s gleeful and inventive performance suggests that he may be at his best in a tight framework that restrains his physicality and converges his acting to vocal inflections and turns of phrase, gestures and facial expressions.

Like The Double.

I do every time. It's because he sounds so happy. Gleeful evil really is the best evil.

my.mixtape.moe/feqlii.mkv

So do you think that Lex, his guys, and certain elements of the military had figured out a way to track Superman? I kind of do.

It could just be artistic license, but we don't have "radar" capable of tracking targets like they were tracking Clark and Doomsday.

They using Lois to track Superman.

this

I believe Lex had been keeping close tabs on anyone who was in contact with superman during MoS. When someone new joined the daily planet, he probably ran checks on him and found out that he was Superman.

All because of Lois.

Oh, I have no doubt about that, but at the beginning, they knew Clark was in-bound before they could see him. You could argue that they knew he was eavesdropping on Lois's meeting with the warlord for signs of danger, but in the helipad scene, Lex had to know that Clark was close enough to save Lois.

This movie is airtight in so many other ways that I think they're hinting at Lex having developed tech that really lets him track at least Supes, if not other metas. The reason I think that is because they could still track Doomsday after he crashed back down on Stryker's Island.

That's very easy - Lex has complete access to the Kryptonian Ship and its technology. He's probably using something unique to his traditional kryptonian garb or maybe has some other kind of tracking system. Or maybe he's just doing it old-school, using his Goons - like he did to kidnap Lois and Martha.

And the US government was using standard Satellite detection after the nukes (and during MoS for the World Engines)

>they knew Clark was in-bound before they could see him.
That's wrong, though. The US Governemtn and the drones had no cllue it was Superman and Anatoly (russian mobster guy) only recognized him after hecollided with the missile.

There's an implication that Lex wasn't working alone. Lex and someone high on the military were working in conjunction. That's why the Secretary of State, Calvin Swanwick, knew about Lexcorp involvement in Nairomi's civil war by helping arming the rebels with prototype military grade ammunition and helping defend its leader with his militia, this when the US had proclaimed total neutrality in conflict. So Lexcorps was serving the US interests there. That's why Swanwick told Lois she wouldn't even be able to prove Lex's involvement in it despite having one of the prototype ammunition as proof and that she could very well end up being killed for nosing around and that he could do nothing to protect her.

So it wasn't just Lex that wanted Superman gone. Lex said as much himself when he confronted Lois at the top of his building.

We know that during the Nairomi's massacre that the CIA launched a drone when the Jimmy Olsen, the "CIA" guy, was killed, so everyone there could be killed, including Lois, to cover the whole thing up, despite CIA agents on the ground wanting to rescue Lois. Superman showed up then to destroy the drone and save Lois. It's only then when the militia leader, Anatoli, acts. He hears Superman sonic boom and sees him destroying the drone.

So my guess is that Superman was paying attention to the place because of Lois and any problem it could happen, like the launching of drones, while Lex's militia were just binding time and hoping Superman would show up looking out for any signs of his involvement. Or even someone high-up at CIA was working with Lex and that's why the order for the drones, to draw out Superman.

You're retarded. Or autistic, sorry.

Wow. You sure showed him.

the rooftop scene was pure kino

For example, how did Anatoli knew that Olsen was working for the CIA? He was pretty certain of it. Lois was always a bait in that whole mess, but she was there for the interview with the rebels leader being aware of who she was and why she was there. The rebels leader accepted her and her purpose there. The rebels leader, more specially Anatoli, only acted when Olsen was ousted as a CIA agent. So Olsen was key for the whole mess to start.

And why would CIA give an order for a drone strike when a relatively famous reporter was involved and taken hostage, and their CIA agent on the ground, Olsen, had already been murdered? Specially when they had other CIA agents on the ground willing to go there and rescue Lois themselves? It seemed weirdly overkill and unnecessary.

In my opinion the whole thing was done to draw out Superman. Lois being there, Olsen involvement so Lois could be placed in danger, the order for the drone strike so Superman would be aware that something went wrong.

Not to mention with the drones out, something that would only happen if Superman were to attack them to defend Lois, CIA had no eyes on the ground and thus no way to see all the cover up Lex's militia did to implicate Superman on the massacre.

that guy was specifically notified that superman was inbound, and at the speed he was traveling and the time it took for him to arrive, he could've been literally anywhere in the world.

>tfw you write a character so pretentous and bad that you have to make him incomprehensible for delivering bland pseudophilsophical diatribes

you've put more thought into that one scene than anyone put into the entire script.

and its funny because the movie establishes (with a particularly clumsy attempt at humor) that lois has a photographer she always worked with who "olsen" replaced.

>you've put more thought into that one scene than anyone put into the entire script.
>explaining the goddamned script and how it was logical
>somehow he put in more effort than it took to make the script from scratch

I'm not that guy, btw

>and its funny because the movie establishes (with a particularly clumsy attempt at humor) that lois has a photographer she always worked with who "olsen" replaced.
?

You don't even know what you're talking about. You missed the entire point of the speech. He's doing it for effect.

He might or might not have been notified, but their intent was to involve superman in some way, and he knew it, and hence he would have anticipated it even without any explicit notification.

And more, the terrorist was in the middle of a desert and he probably doesn't have any easily-accessible wireless communications.

>that one marvel drone that constantly lurks these threads buttmad as fuck

Well, we know that the Secretary of State was aware of what Lex was doing in Nairomi. We know that CIA was using Lois to get closer and investigate the rebels group that was being trained, armed and defended by Lex's militia. We know that CIA agents on the ground wanted to rescue Lois after the CIA agent was ousted and killed, and Lois was taken hostage. We know that the CIA headquarters told the CIA agents on the ground to stand their ground and decided to use their drones to strike the place thus drawing out Superman. We know that Lex's militia leader had been waiting confirmation of Superman approach to start the massacre and cover the whole thing up implicating Superman on the massacre. We know that because the drones were taken out by Superman that the CIA headquarters ended up having no more eyes on the ground.

So these are things that were in the movie. The Secretary of State didn't even wanted to help or protect Lois, despite knowing she was right about the whole thing, that she had proof of Lex involvement, that she was in danger. Lois and Superman had been his friends. Sorta. There's a reason for that. Lois only went to directly confront Lex because she knew that the bullet she had couldn't be used to implicate him. That despite all her investigation and knowledge she had nothing against him.

So the movie implies very heavily that someone up high had been helping or at least was aware of Lex doings and doing nothing to stop him.

and the problem with all of that is the movie doesn't establish any sort of connection between lex and the gubment until after all that shit

Unless you're going to try to say all the lex scenes were non-linear, despite there being nothing to indicate this.

The fact that the militia's leader, Anatoli, was aware that the CIA agent had come with Lois to interview the rebels' leader, that CIA was investigating their shit, is reason enough to suspect that someone had tipped Lex that the CIA was going to be investigating his ass.

The problem with trying to say lex is doing it for effect is he never has any other set of mannerisms until after he's in jail, and even when hes in jail, he's still basically the same type of crazy.

There really isn't. .

The fact someone who they weren't expecting arrived with lois means that person would be the subject of extra scrutiny.

This is something they could show in JL as a TWEEST. In the Iron Man movies will see the Ten Rings terrorist group working with the previous two movie villains without knowing anything about them outside of who they are in the comics. It's only in the third movie that we learned they were a fake terrorist group created by Tony's old pal.

At this point that would come off as more of a retcon than twist.

But DC has a long history of trying to pass retcons off as twists.

What if the guy was a normal photographer? Would Anatoli still murder the fuck out of the guy without reason? I doubt it. Anatoli knew beforehand.

They didn't murder him till after they searched him and found that that he was carrying a tracking device in his camera.

or did they cut that scene in theatrical and you, for some reason, only saw that version?

>and the problem with all of that is the movie doesn't establish any sort of connection between lex and the gubment until after all that shit
If you need things spelled out for you, you should leave.

Better pay attention instead of trying to feed your falcon.

>The problem with trying to say lex is doing it for effect is he never has any other set of mannerisms until after he's in jail,
literally confirmed for not watching the movie.
he's different at the party, then different when trying to negotiate for Zod's body, then threatening when the senator tells him about the piss jar, then again serious as fuck when he's interacting with the computer inside the ship, scared and vengeful when superman comes back without batman's head, then different againat the end, different when he's being lasered by the military.

True, because he was the only expendable resource there with Lois (whom they don't have the permission to kill)

I unironically enjoy his stream-of-concious rambling, the way he connects dots to form a narrative.

Yes, they only murdered him after searching him and finding out he was an agent. Buuut what if he had been just a normal photographer? That's what i'm asking. Lois life wouldn't be in danger then and thus Superman would have no reason to be there. Thus Lex whole scheme would be for nothing.

I still hold that Anatoli knew beforehand that Jimmy was an agent.

>when you accidentally respond to a tripfag, argue him into a corner, and he has to double-down and autistically meme to save face because he thinks anyone pays attention to him

The problem with your gubment/lex interpretation is the movie specifically establishes a point in the narrative when gubment gets in bed with lex. So unless literally all of lex's scenes were out of order with the rest of the movie, despite there being nothing to indicate this, then this scene served zero purpose, if the audience was already supposed to guess (by way of making inferences that require ignoring huge amounts of what the movie establishes) that gubment

>dude what if they searched olsen and found nothing to indicate he wasn't a journalist would they kill him???

>I say they would've!!

are you stupid

>That's wrong, though. The US Governemtn and the drones had no cllue it was Superman and Anatoly (russian mobster guy) only recognized him after hecollided with the missile.

Nah, the audience is shown that Anatoly knew something was coming. He looks to the sky, then turns his head, revealing he's wearing an earpiece.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=skZbdZABKi4

Then we find out that Anatoly and his mercs know it isn't a "what," but a "who."

>"Quickly! He's coming!"

Lex's guys were tracking him somehow. Also, something I'd like to point out is that so far, they've avoided breaking physics by letting super-hearing function in ways where he's hearing sound before the sounds have time to reach him, so Superman has a response radius of sorts. He's fast as hell, but sound isn't.

Lex doesn't need to have been tipped by someone higher up, though.

Lexcorp is basically Facebook + Google in this cinematic universe. We knew he had dealings with the military. Pic related. The goverment could very well use Lexcorp's tech and programs for their acts of surveillance and espionage, giving Lex access to anything they did.

Lex, after all, had videos of S.T.A.R. labs classified experiments where Dr. Stone used a alien magical cube to save his son's life. He wouldn't be able to acquire these things if his company was a mere normal company.

I think we're going to find out Lex is involved with Waller and Project Argus.

>I still hold that Anatoli knew beforehand that Jimmy was an agent.

Oh, I absolutely believe that. Lex's mercs were probably the guys who brokered the meeting in the first place.

Is there anyone in film history that gets blown the fuck out by his own words as much as Lex? I swear every line is basically Terrio indirectly setting the stage of his words backfiring immensely on him. "A demon's mother deserves death by fire".

the movie doesn't establish anything about how superman knows lois is in trouble or why this ability to protect his pussy somehow doesn't work when the plot needs it to not function.

other than the idea that lois is the telepathic one.

>The problem with your gubment/lex interpretation is the movie specifically establishes a point in the narrative when gubment gets in bed with lex. So unless literally all of lex's scenes were out of order with the rest of the movie

The government isn't one single, unified entity.

>The problem with your gubment/lex interpretation is the movie specifically establishes a point in the narrative when gubment gets in bed with lex.

Not really. Lex got in bed with the senators involved in the Superman Committee, because he could get with them the government deal to study the kryptonian remains.

movies usually aren't that clumsy and overt with foreshadowing, no.

but I guess its slowly being proven that people don't actually like subtlety or grace.

>senators having more power and influence over top secret matters than the CIA

so you just have to ignore everything about the real world for this movie to make sense, gotcha

Guys why does Lex blow up Congress. I don't understand the rationale.

If he was trying to implicate Superman, that seems like a real fucking stretch. Superman's powers do not include exploding.

If he was just getting revenge on Congress critic Peace Tea, he could have done it in a way that wouldn't possibly lead back to him.

So why was he doing it? He had already accomplished his goal of getting the kryptonite into the US and ultimately Batman's possession.

but dude 9/11 lmao

Spare us your artistic sensibilities. I guarantee that everything you're shitting on someone else pointed out you, so now it's obvious, huh?

Fucking pseudo.

i think it was to push batman over the edge, but yeah makes no sense since supes not responsible for it.

>dude no one understood the movie except me xd
>because I can't understand a difference between "understand" and "like."