Did you know Lithuania was once the largest country in Europe?

Did you know Lithuania was once the largest country in Europe?

Other urls found in this thread:

lietuvos.istorija.net/lituanistica/wladislaus1639.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rokosz
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithuanian_Chronicles
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statutes_of_Lithuania
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithuanian_Council_of_Lords
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardinal_direction#Northern_Eurasia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavic_names#Names_in_Kievan_Rus
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When?

*Belorussia

around 1430

the Ukraine*

we ruled teh slavs

certainly not in terms of population or relevance

80% of the area the duchy controlled was empty steppes and woods

Did you know that it was Lithuania fault that the commonwealth collapsed and got destroyed by it's neighbours?

you are the slavs

you are the slavs

VETO
E
T
O

Russian rape babies.

>denmark is the twelfth largest country on the planet

did u kno that italy controlled the entire mediterranean region once?

what happened to them?
has it something to do with a word that starts with r and ends with a?

Four words, actually, three end with -a and one with -utism.

At least one document of the times of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, written in Lithuanian, and I will believe you

They got liberated by Mother Russia, and lost most of their territories.

Poles ruined it

>bela ruse so deprived of national identity they resort to we wuzing and screeching about some documents written in one of the many accepted languages in the duchy.

WE

so you actually don't have any?

Strange, all these Poles that invited Swedes to PLC during the Deludge and accepted bribes from Russianst o veto any reform came from Lithuania. Something feels not right.

don't try to get away from my question

written languages are for dorks anyway

I like Lithuania

>conquered all the irrelevant less populated areas of europe
>we wuz

>belaruse
>cant even into belarussian

xDDDD

>crash the union with no survivors
Retrospectively it's quite funny, because alternatively there would have been no Lithuania at all anymore.

Giving that much power to szlachta was a mistake. Having to elect a (foreign) king was a mistake. PLC was a mistake, and you know it.

I want a Lithuanian gf (trap)

>PLC was a mistake
Of course. Defending eastern slavshit and baltshit shitholes was a mistake on Polish part. Should have went with Czechs and Huns.

Let you miserable pieces of shit get swallowed by Muscovy.

>defending
>implying a poolack didn't start that whole mess by not being able to defend himself from a bunch of raiding savages

PLC could have been something but russians fucked everything up

reeeeee

lietuvos.istorija.net/lituanistica/wladislaus1639.htm

Russia and Sweden iirc?

i want to fuck YOU, sweety

here's the real lithuania
fuck these filthy baltoids

can we roleplay ? ill be your baltic slave :3

don't get me hard, honey. i would choke you on my dick and throw you around like a doll. xoxo

Also Prussia and Austria.

>real lithuania
kek more like real lithuinia

REFERENDUM WHEN

WE FUCKED LIKE A NUCLEAR WAR

what a gay madeup flag with panslavist colors

>1639
There are no older documents, before 1569?

The federation in the 16th century was just imperfect. At least, such idiocy should not be. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rokosz

Yo yo hol up hol up *smacks lips* are you *smacks lips* are tryin to tell me ur moving goalposts, boi?

desu I could go into a lenghty discussion with you, but would it really change anything, or are just trolling the shit out of each other?

You said from the time of Grand Duchy of Lithuania. GDL ceased to exist in 1795 sweaty.

When?

Post at least one document of the times of modern Belarus, written in Belarussian, and I will believe you

oh snap

I read about them. There are only two such documents (1639 and 1641) during Vladislav's VI reign (1632 –1648). And this is the 17th century. If there is nothing before, then this is ridiculous.

k
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithuanian_Chronicles
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statutes_of_Lithuania

>country is majority pagan and baltic
>all is well
>btfo g*rms on a regular basis

>country becomes majority s*av and christian
>everything instantly goes to shit
hmmmm...

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithuanian_Chronicles
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statutes_of_Lithuania
>Modern Belarus

Are you fucking retarded?

Veto

Daily reminder that Belarus will NEVER use pic related

what is it like ?

lithuanians smell like poopy lmao

The best outcome would've been if Mindaugas hadn't been assassinated, and hadn't reverted back to his old beliefs.

>m-muh religion
Literally "nothing personnel kid" just politics

What is this Africa-tier flag doing in Europe?

>The Lithuanian Council of Lords (Lithuanian: Ponų taryba) was the main permanent institution of central government in the Grand Duchy of Lithuania active in its capital city of Vilnius.

>he Council had 35 – 50 permanent members as of 1529. It consisted of the most prominent representatives of the Lithuanian magnate families, as well as bishops, marshals and treasurers. The ex officio members of the Council were the voivods of Vilnius and Trakai, castellans of Vilnius and Trakai, the Elder of Samogitia, the Grand Hetman of Lithuania and the Grand Chancellor of Lithuania. Since the 16th century, these members comprised a Secret Council which was a de facto core of the Council of Lords, dealing with all crucial state affairs, since the full membership of the Council was rarely convened. A majority of the members were Roman Catholic ethnic Lithuanians.

>Trakai, Vilnius, Samogitia
>No mention of Belarusian lands

xD

>i have nothing to say
>NEVER
lmao
Navahrudak.

>be Lithuanian Grand Duke
>tell your s*av servants to write down some laws, because you're too busy fighting g*rms
>centuries later they can't decide whether they're polish or russian
>get their first ever state instead
>start larping as Lithuanians because need to legitimize themselves somehow
>based Ukrainians have Cossacks and Kievan Rus', so there's no need to larp as Lithuanians, even though their claim would be just as legit as yours

yes I would know. I am well educated in EU4

>Navahrudak.

Navahrudak voivods weren't members of Lithuanian Council of Lords. Only from these voivodeships.

>Belarussian "identity"
>The report notes that they could easily change their identity on a whim or after being persuaded by nationalist organizations, producing sharp changes in ethnic composition of some areas, the most noticeable changes being decrease of number of Belarusians in ten years since 1920 from 75,630 to 36,029 and number of Poles increasing more than could be explained with natural growth and immigration, suggesting that some 5,000 Tutejszy had chosen to identify as Poles. In addition uncertain number of them presumably chose to identify as Russians or Latvians.[5]

>The group’s speech (język tutejszy) was described in 2003 as “an uncodified and largely undescribed Belarusian vernacular”.

Sounds unreal

Also what makes me even more laff that voivoid of Navahrudak was Albertas Goštautas since 1508 and he oplenly said that he distrusts "Ruthenians" and called them fags.

xDD

come at me

gay

git gud

>i have nothing to say
>NEVER
lmao

We was very smart servants, if we could read in the 16th century. Unlike smart Balts.

it's just the first capital of the duchy, nothing special.

>Only from these voivodeships.
A majority of the members were Roman Catholic ethnic Lithuanians;[1] however, the influence of Ruthenian magnates was constantly increasing.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithuanian_Council_of_Lords
lel, ok

>it's just the first capital of the duchy, nothing special.

Literally not a single source from the of it being the capital, the only source saying it was capital is Polack from 16th century Maciej Strykowski or whatever his name was. Once again nice fairy tales.

>it's just the first capital of the duchy, nothing special.
>a city that wasn't even part of the country at the time of its founding was somehow the capital
>Belarussian education
Do you also have an explanation for why the founders of the country were all Pagans with Baltic names?

>Mindaugas I mean Mindouh was Belarusian and shiet
>his son names were Vaišvilkas, Ruklys, Rupeikis
>those were Belarusian too

xDDD

>Żmudzin and Bulbasz arguing who's less of a non country
This tickles my funny bone

hmm

>Literally not a single source from the of it being the capital
That is, that there was the residence of the Grand Dukes and the fact that Mindovg was crowned there - are not the facts?
>were all Pagans with Baltic names?
for this reason that region is called Black Ruthenia
also after baptism they all received "normal" names

>That is, that there was the residence of the Grand Dukes

Happened much later and Grand Dukes had dozens if not more residences.

>And the fact that Mindovg was crowned there

Fairy tale, literally no sources to confirm this.

>for this reason that region is called Black Ruthenia

You're so clueless and into so much pseudohistory bullshit that you don't know your own history. Region names like Black/White/Red Ruthenia and etc have nothing to do with religion or names you retard.

It's used to denote cardinal direction you fucking brainlet.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardinal_direction#Northern_Eurasia

North - White
East - Green
South - Black
West - Red

>for this reason that region is called Black Ruthenia
What the fuck does that even mean

>Mindovg was crowned there
Literally no proof besides Belarussian pseudoscientific writings. Not to mention that even if it was a residence, it only became one after Lithuania was unified, so it couldn't have been the first capital especially since all the fist capitals were in Eastern Lithuania to protect against g*rms (Kernavė, Trakai, Vilnius and possibly Voruta)

Also:
>Mindovg
kek. What does that name mean in Slavic?

>North - White
>East - Green
>South - Black
>West - Red
>pic

You tell me, half Uganda.

Actually Grand Duchy of Lithuania was Belarusian

>The convention of "coloured" Ruś regions first was used in Western European sources circa 1360 by Heinrich von Mügeln, referring to the Black and Red Ruthenia (placing them in modern Ukraine). Some researchers claim that this color naming convention was influenced by the Mongol invasion, who used them for the cardinal directions[1].

Hurr fucking retard.

The only ones who had cardinal directions were Turkics and Mongols.

> Early Russian sources do not use the term "Black Ruś", the name "Black Ruthenia" appears primarily in historical writings from the 18th century.

And what seems to be the problem with your pic? White Rus - Northermost Region below it is Black Rus which wasn't even a thing until Belarussians made up this region and placed in Belarus when originally it was in Ukraine. and Red Rus which was the most westernmost region going from Ukrainian-Rus lands point of view.

>kek. What does that name mean in Slavic?
they were pagans and received pagan names
also after baptism they all received "normal" names >And what seems to be the problem with your pic? White Rus - Northermost Region below it is Black Rus which wasn't even a thing until Belarussians made up this region and placed in Belarus when originally it was in Ukraine. and Red Rus which was the most westernmost region going from Ukrainian-Rus lands point of view.
ok, here is my mistake

Are you telling me that there were still pagan Slavs in the 14th century? Even if that was true (it isn't), those names are still Baltic and not Slavic.

>they were pagans and received pagan names

That's not what he asked.

He's suggesting that those names no etymology in Slavic languages and mean nothing. Nothing is arguing about that when people got Christianized they received "Christian" names.

ITT: we wuz

Worse than portugal tb.h

have no etymology*

Lithuanians were the last pagans in Europe, so everything is correct
Slavs for a very long time did not have written language, so we'll never know what names they (eastern) had before baptism

They literally destroyed USSR, so they are still important player.

Also it triggers me how post-soviet belarussian nationalists try to steal their's history.

>Lithuanians were the last pagans in Europe
Haha, you never meet Iberian catholics. The same way romans did have a god for every thing, catholics have their saints, and do offerings to them in a religious calendar, or when they need favours.
Not even talking about they local liturgy that resembles in a hight detailed degree what was happening there 500 years before "Christ".

love your banter guys :3

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavic_names#Names_in_Kievan_Rus

There's plenty of names survining in sources pre Chrstianity adoption in Kievan Rus. None of them are even remotely close to Mindaugas and etc. Which are the same dual-stemmed names like your earlier names were like Lyubomir, Lyubo + mir.

mir = peace/world

You don't even have to rocket scientist to see their etymology.

Take Vytautas or Mindaugas or Jogaila for example.

You can pick out words with exact meaning.

Daug - many/a lot
Tauta - nation/people
Gailas - strong/strongman

really made me think

Theese zmagars also find neo-banderas as a "bros" and think that they continue Lietuva's tradition at the same time.

Post-soviet clowns.