Sadly its the Skylanders one

Other urls found in this thread:

engadget.com/2016/06/16/skylanders-academy-tv-show-netflix/
youtube.com/watch?v=g1I71ElQjMM
youtube.com/watch?v=j6mzBjFtcBc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Skylanders Spyro

>Naughty Dog wants to apparently work on the Crash Bandicoot series again

I'm sure my self from 17 years ago would have loved this.

>Always want a Spyro series, each series having a boss's mv for the big bad, starting with Gnasty Gnorc
>Get this instead

That's... Greeeeaaaaattttttt

>Skylanders
>Not original Spyro
*Flips Table*

>Futurama writer

Well now I'm a bit more curious

engadget.com/2016/06/16/skylanders-academy-tv-show-netflix/

Spyro 3 is the best Spyro game of the Trilogy

Spyro 1 has aged like ass

>No Agent 9
>No Sheila
>No Elora
>No Hunter

>Spyro 1

wtf was up with that useless roll move? Did it serve any purpose in the game?

Anyway, 3 had the best soundtrack, but 2 was the best overall.

Where my niggas Hunter and Ripto at?

Nigga, Ripto's Rage will always be the best Spyro game.

>Wanted a Spyro cartoon when I was a kid.
>Even had a dream about it.
>One finally gets made.
>It's fucking Skylanders.

>Not having them in season 2, showing Ripto as a multi-dimensional threat and making Hunter a hype moment.

If a Ratchet and Clank theatrical film was a financial flop a classic Spyro show would flop just as hard

It's called the Sonic Boom effect

>Netflix

Why not just shove this shit in the same time slot as SonicBoom

JUST

Bitch, the game in pic related is obviously the best /s

I always hated Hunter. Like, we're both trying to get these eggs, help me out you dick! Dude ain't even fit to work at Subway.

Can't wait for that new Conker Cartoon!

he looks like he has FAS, like, all they need to do is move the eyes closer together a little gdi

>Conker
>Dante
>Spyro
>Crash (though its debatable)
>Sonic
>Pacman
>Megaman

Whose next on the "Just fuck my shit up" list?

?

Have you even played 2?

I'm just glad Crash gets to rest in piece. He went out gasping for breath but unlike Spyro he finally found relief.

Looks cuter but it still doesn't look like Spyro.

>I'm just glad Crash gets to rest in piece.
Uuhhh.... user did you not watch E3?

They're remastering the game. Signs already point them fucking it up with a reboot somehow

Uncool. You are not my nigga, user.

Crash is pretty good honestly, one of the best designs of the series, just ignore the gameplay, his head is bigger in-game and it looks uncanny

Banjo-Kazooie?

so it's a Skylanders cartoon then, not a Spyro cartoon

Crash got his shit unfucked
well at least his design, so far.

I was joking about ETD being the best, I personally think that 3 and 5 are the best.

I'll admit he doesn't look that bad, but I guess people are still skeptical.

It could always be much, MUCH, WORSE

Like how they temporarily destroyed him promoting Crash 2

youtube.com/watch?v=g1I71ElQjMM

Imagine a Crash Cartoon like this

No no no REEEEEEEEEEE
This makes it less likely that sony would ever get crash back

>mocap
>no neck, so his body just bends when his head tilts

kek

Muh Spyro/Elora head canon will never come true.

DAMN YOU MONKEY PAW!

anything is better than the JUST bandicoot

His design honestly doesn't look too bad here.

God fucking damn it all
That would be awesome

Samus.

>Skylanders

Okay but, Pac-Man and The Ghostly Adventures is actually a good show, better then it deserved to be really. Especially with that dark as hell plot that would be more fitting for a Final Fantasy game.

It's a crying shame that it got shit canned, and during a fucking two-parter nonetheless.

Sonic Boom can actually be fairly decent at times. youtube.com/watch?v=j6mzBjFtcBc

Thankfully Blizzard already gave us an idea of how a fucked up Samus would look

>Pac-Man and The Ghostly Adventures is actually a good show
A
W

M
A
N

>tribal tattoos

You can't make this shit up.

What the fuck happened to Spyro?

Suffering

>Releasing a kids film in April
>From cutscenes from a game

At least kids films always claw their money back from DVDs and Rentals

At least they made Skylanders Spyro look a little cuter. this pic is adorable!

>that mouth
I'm actually surprised these games didn't terrify me when I was a kid, but then, that's as good as graphics could be back then.

I M A M E M E
M
A
M
E
M
E

>They're remastering the game. Signs already point them fucking it up with a reboot somehow
How so? The only bits of info we have are that its a remaster and its being made by vicarious visions.

Nintoddlers are desperate to say that the new remasters will be shit.

Year Of The Dragon was the first I played, and god how I loved it.
Hero's Tail was okay too, not nearly as good as the earlier ones, but I remember enjoying it somewhat.

>Nintoddlers are desperate to say that the new remasters will be shit.
Eh, its just Sup Forums being retards as usual then. And not limited to nitoddlers (there were a lot of people shtting on the new zelda for absurd reasons, even if its the first time that nintendo seems to be actually trying to push the series in a new direction).

People have been shitting on everything and everyone for no reason at all.

Hero's Tail was childish, while the first 3 games were child-friendly.

Honestly, I will always love the first game the most. There was just something about the atmosphere in that one that I really liked that never really appeared in the later games.

Mario.

What you are thinking about is consistency. The 1st game is set in ONE set world, with all the levels having some continuity with each other, including the level of technology (steamfuckingpunk at most). It was all basic magic/fantasy theme for all the levels. 2 and 3 had levels that were different worlds with their own unique vibe, and level of technology. There were futuristic levels, pre-historic levels, China-ish levels, cowboy levels......... all oer the place, while 1 keps it consistent.

>spyro 1
>bad

Actually, I think the thing I liked most about the first game was the subtle melancholy. You were (effectively) the last dragon around. Which is to say, you were alone. In this magic world that didn't always make sense. I think there was one level where you had some fairy allies, but other than that you were on your own. Though like you said there was also a relative consistency to things. Also, the first games levels were less wacky and more whimsical. They looked like they came out of a fantasy artists portfolio of cities, landscapes, and vistas. There was less post modern humor and more... wonder I suppose. It just felt more magical and foreboding while still being very lighthearted. A rare combination.

The Jews got to him!

Fuuuuuck no. That game was awful.

I see your point, but that is mostly your interpretation. Remember, nobody was killed in the game. Enemies were gems transformed into enemies, and magic lizards (dragons) were simply trapped in easily breakable crystal.

You could argue Ratchet, but they still make good games for him shitty movie or not.

>Be me
>Can't look at Spyro without thinking about Subway
>Unrelenting urge to vomit every single time

That's why I said subtle melancholy and "foreboding while still being very lighthearted." Yes, it was not an edgy game. It was definitely family friendly. The 100% completion end cutscene has Spyro wearing sunglasses and bragging to a dragon reporter. It did not take itself too seriously. But it did take itself more seriously than later games. And for that, I will always prefer it. It struck a better balance between wacky and serious.

I'm ok with everything in Spyro's Skylander design except for the head.

Why the fuck.

I'd watch this though.

Everyone forgets Bomberman's Xbox redesign.

>dragon
>still a dragon
>Barney
>???????????

The last one reminded me of Chucky for some reason

EAT FRESH

>goggle toad
>not Captain Toad

I see it.

Wide crazy eyes. Well-defined eyebrows (can you call them eyebrows if there's no hair?). Hollow, uncanny valley expression.

I also don't get why they thought this was a good design. At least for a hero. He looks like the evil pet of some villain from a fantasy epic or something.

Pic somewhat related

Not even Bentley I want my charming as fuck yeti back.

A "Mario Boom" kind of show. I can get behind this.

That already happened.

It could happen again, though.

I've never played Skylanders, and only the first Spyro in like 2011, so maybe it's just my lack of nostalgia, but I actually think the last design isn't all that bad.

Kinda makes sense for a Dragon's eyes to be on the side of his head and not dead front.

>People are hiring Justin Long to voice in children's cartoons after the Turtles incident

What the fuck? Who'll replace him for season 2?

Is Invader Zim still the villain?

Jack and Daxter.

>I actually think the last design isn't all that bad.
user he looks like someone punched his goddamn face in. Like an ugly pug

You can make an actual lizard head, but someone decided to also make it ugly.

Also, the good/bad thing about dragons is that they don't exist, and you can make whatever anatomy you want, as long as it is vague based on western or eastern template.

Already happened as well with The Lost Frontier.

This seems to be the thing older people don't get about their nostalgic series.
Skylanders does well for kids and if we were all younger we would've been into it too. They're toys you can play with inside a game too, what's not to like.
Sadly these kids probably don't care about the older Spyro and as long as the devs are making money off it, neither do they.

Why does everyone hate the concept of Skylander Spyro? Just a big case of NOT MUH?
I played and have fond memories of the first four Spyro games as well as New Beginning. So a series is welcome.

I also played the first three or four Skylanders and think it would work much better as a cartoon than as a game.

Bring back game 1 Prism Break. I don't like that he can talk now.

Loved Spyro since forever but I agree with the design choice.

... which was flawed, but not horrible.

> Okay but, Pac-Man and The Ghostly Adventures is actually a good show
JUST.
It was ok at the start but turned to shit reeeeeeeally fucking quick.

What incident was that? Are you sure your not thinking of Jason Biggs? Because he's the one that was removed from TMNT.

That better not be fucking real

That is real but IIRC it's Conker's character model for Project Spark.

I actually think he's awesomely designed. Cute, funny, cartoony, and a bit sexy