Return of the Living Dead

Am I the only one who overthinks this concept to the point of insanity?

Basically these zombies can't die. If you cut their head off they control their body remotely, if you destroy their brain they can still move and function.
But the thing is they maintain some semblance of clarity and thought during the entire thing, only behaving erratically due to their painful unending lust for brains.

So these zombies are conscious people, unable to die by any means, with an unending craving and desire for brains,
yet cremation is seen as an "out". But, they can think with their brain destroyed, they can move severed limbs.. wouldn't they just be thoughts in ashes? Unable to see, smell, feel or move? A collection of thoughts unendingly craving brains they have no bodies to collect resonating in dust for eternity?

That sounds fucking horrifying in contrast to the light portrayal of it in the films and really takes me out. It's like you can get the most fucked up, terrible fate by the way that you die, or by what fuckers do to your corps after you do.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uo6eIriOgSg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I met her when I was 11. Mindy Clark, IIRC. Took a picture of her ass.

Don't forget, fresh living human brains ripe with blood and oxygen was like a strong painkiller for the zombies, like oxycodone.

>But, they can think with their brain destroyed, they can move severed limbs
No. That's muscle memory.

>yet cremation is seen as an "out". But, they can think with their brain destroyed, they can move severed limbs.. wouldn't they just be thoughts in ashes?
You should try reading Anne Rice sometime OP. Vampire ennui explores this concept.

how many marijuanas did you snort, OP?

you're over thinking it, but also cremation is not a good option if i remember correctly it just spread the virus in the air.

It conveniently started raining in the original, and the military ordered a nuclear quarantine strike at the end.

>It conveniently started raining in the original

Started raining because of the chemical being seeded into the cloud via creamation.

Hence the acid rain hurting naked "trash"

That was the point of the movie. There is no escape, just escalating terror and suffering.

Post the webm already.

Jesus christ, OP are you retarded? Just nuked them and they are dead

yeah mang, it fucked me up as a kid

This movie got one of the best soundtrack ever

>Faggots say the Dawn of the Dead remake and 28 Days Later made zombies scary again by having them run
>They literally forget this exists

Watched this as a child of about 8 years old and I had never been so scared in my life. I was afraid for months. Movie left a huge impression on me but I was not able to watch it again.

Many years later I was 16 or 17 years old. Remember this movie being so terrifying and decide to give it another watch. Turns out it's mostly a dark comedy and probably the greatest horror comedy ever made. I still look back and laugh that a movie that is mostly a comedy terrified me more than any other movie ever made.

I think something about the literally impossible situation was just too much for my childhood brain to understand. Every character is totally fucked no matter what they do. Also smart zombies, I wasn't ready for that. Didn't trust people on the radio for months. Fucken zombies wanna eat my brains.

Dawn of the Dead (OG) and this are far superior to like 99% of that whole genre

Glad the jewish whore didn't want to appear nude this time as her usual 80s movies, going for a modest character, and gave us the hottest zombie of all time.

My family told me it was based on a true story and that really made the movie scary to me.

Yes, I was watching ROTLD when I was a kid.

>My family told me it was based on a true story
Why would they do that?

probably to fuck with him
>mfw it happened to me too
different movie though, the night flyer
>parents have this cardboard cut out of a vampire
>tells me its them standing there

It's the Evil that's controlling the bodies mate.

Never mind I was thinking of the evil dead

homeless mecha zombie is an underrated movie zombie, not as good as tar man but still good.

I'm not reading all that shit. GOAT OST though.
youtube.com/watch?v=uo6eIriOgSg