Italian scientists believe Vesuvius is about to erupt in the largest explosion since Pompei

>Geologists and volcanologists who study the volcano readily concede that Mount Vesuvius is overdue for an explosion [source: Fraser]. For that reason, the Vesuvius Observatory monitors seismic activity, gas emissions and other indicators 24 hours a day to know at the earliest point when it may blow.

>Considered one of the world's most dangerous, it is also the only active volcano on Europe's mainland [source: Lorenzi]. Nevertheless, 600,000 people live in the 18 towns at its base that comprise the "red zone."

>The red zone denotes the populated area that would bear the brunt of an eruption. Directly in the line of fire, the 9-mile (12-kilometer) radius of people stand little chance of survival when Vesuvius explodes again [source: Lorenzi].

>Because of the imminent -- and unpredictable -- threat, the Italian government has devised an evacuation plan to clear out the red zone 72 hours ahead of an impending eruption. Beginning in 2004, the government also set up a program to pay people $46,000 (30,000E) to relocate outside of the zone -- though it has had relatively few takers [source: Lorenzi]. Experts warn that emergency plans should also include nearby Naples since an explosion could send dangerous burning ash and pumice as far as 12 miles (20 kilometers) [source: Fraser].

Other urls found in this thread:

centrometeoitaliano.it/terremoti-e-geofisica/allarme-vesuvio-due-vulcanologi-italiani-temono-eruzione-a-breve-22-08-2015-30671/
youtube.com/watch?v=XnolyvilwNw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phlegraean_Fields
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>The last time Vesuvius activated was in 1944, causing minor damage and killing 26 people. New research has shown that the mountain probably will not act as kindly next time. For starters, Mount Vesuvius sits on top of a layer of magma deep in the earth that measures 154 square miles (400 square kilometers) [source: Noble]. That's a lot of magma -- Kilaeua Volcano is probably the most active volcano in the world, with 34 eruptions since 1952 [source: U.S. Geological Survey], but compared to Vesuvius, which has erupted around 30 times since 79 A.D. [source: Than], its magma supply is much smaller. Topping it off, scientists expect that the next eruption will be an incredibly forceful explosion, termed plinean, marked by flying rock and ash at speeds of up to almost 100 miles per hour (160 kph).

>To summarize, if Mount Vesuvius erupts today, it wouldn't be a pretty picture. Given its potential, Vesuvius could endanger more than 3 million people and wipe out the city of Naples [source: Than].

>The Italian government has stated multiple times that for such an event they "would not be ready" and hundreds of thousands up one to millions lives may perish if not warned in time.

centrometeoitaliano.it/terremoti-e-geofisica/allarme-vesuvio-due-vulcanologi-italiani-temono-eruzione-a-breve-22-08-2015-30671/

nature finally taking down more whores

this is a good thing

activate it

it's a big pizza oven and you all are the pepperonis

Oh fucking finally. We can get rid of Naples

Better get on your tippy toes.

When is a volcano not ready to erupt these days it's like living with an abusive father they're ready to blow at a moments notice.

>all those dead terroni

What would the regional environmental effects be?
Could we be talking weather patterns changing for a time?

If Vesuvius and Yellowstone both went up at similar times to each other, that would be great. Oh and that bastard one in Iceland that caused problems a few years ago

Nigga that's in the south of Italy.

Who the fuck cares?

Lol the Italian bank is the next to fall if this goes off it would speed things along

But if you closed your eyes would it almost feel like nothing changed at all?

You know, because Pompeii is already shit :^)))

Last three digits in my post number is how many days until super eruption

why do you have such a picture on your pc?
fuck off

We should make /vesuvius/ general threads like we did with earthwuake watch. That way when we get to 70 threads and everyone eventually forgets about it, i wont be disappointed when nothing blows

Maybe if you weren't such a little shit, he wouldn't have to hit you so much. Fucking leaf. If you were my kid, I'd beat you just for being Canadian.

Possible solution to refugee crisis?

Hope the winds are blowing out of the south for Germany's sake.

If it's as quick as Pompei and Hercolanum there won't be any refugees and the land will be barren for years to come.

Also all flights in Europe and North Africa will be canceled.

a huge lolcano eruption can fuck up the entire planet. Last big one was Tambora (Indonesia) somewhere in the 1810s. In the years following the eruption there was no summer in Europe, because of ashes in the atmosphere and stuff. Crops failed, many people died of hunger.

Yellowstone will be bigger than Tambora. We're all fucked if that thing blows tbqh senpai.

Kek who was in that last Volcano Tread?

Meme Magic confirmed a Volcano Happening

You can send that 8000 refugees you just took in there to burn

Nice thinking on the capture of them

interesting but considering Italy has a thing about persecuting scientists for failing to predict natural disasters, they may be prone to crying wolf:

www.nature.com/news/italian-court-finds-seismologists-guilty-of-manslaughter-1.11640

>Italian scientists

Is this some kinda joke like Mexican intellectuals?

Is this the happening Kek has been building up to since it has been quite for the past weeks

>some third world shithole education

Says the guy using radio signals to access the internet.

LAVALI LAVALI LAVALI COL FUOCO
DAI VESUVIO LAVALI COL FUOCO

>Says the guy using radio signals to access the internet.
wifi?

Italy have top tier science you retard

Its not a warning, its a blessing.

Praise Kek.

I was hoping to be the first to make that joke and was very surprised to see that it took so long

You wouldn't be able to use a computer without Italian scientists.
>Dominican Republic
Jesus are you even self aware? your country only produces flabby prostitutes

SAVE THE PIZZA!!!!

GUESS WHERE I LIVE?
fug :DDDD

>Italian scientists

is that like Mexican intellectuals ?

Yeaaa... If you can explode and take a milion italians with you.. that'd would be great.

>literally getting roasted

JUST

It will erupt at the same time as Yellowstone

If things become bad, you can always ask us for help - if you nuke it, eruption can be prevented.

august 14th

off the top of my head

Galilei
Fermi
Marconi
Toricelli
Galvani
Volta

I can't be the only one seeing a frog face with those smoke cloud outlines

why the fuck did you dagos move back and build more towns on god's firey asshole

Tsar bomba yellowstone pls ruskibro

Please allahu snackbar my shit up volcano.

>nature taking initiative to rid us of camorra
The major con is that Naples' refugees will flow in nearby regions and I live in one of them.

The Titans will awaken soon.

All those people are already dead.

The time of the Olympians is over.

Now is the time of Titans and man.

>tfw Vesuvius was Mount Doom all along
Italy is Mordor and African migrants are its Orcs.

The thing has very good land, and there never was a massive Pompeii-like erution since then.

Also I live just outside the yellow zone, max I can get is a ash

da vinci too

What else can you expect when you know

>it's getting hot in here, isn't it?

I kind of wished Australia had volcanoes. Australia is so fucken safe from volcanoes, that our soil is one of the oldest in the world, and thus it has no nutrients, its basically shit soil. I envy countries with volcanoes, theyre like the natures super fertilisers. I cant even grow anything on my land because of shitty clay soil is everywhere, whilst Italy which is the size of victoria can support 70 million people. Volcanoes are like a goldmine for nature, they create mountains which attracts rain, they bring essential micrnutirients to the soil, create new lands. Thats why Australia despite being larger than Europe cant even support 30 million people. I wish there was a way to create artifical volcanoes in inland Australia.

Oh shit!
Britain is like The Shire, we don't give a shit about the world outside our borders and just want to grow crops and drink ale.

The real problem is if the Flegreans Field erupt, they're as powerful as Yellowstone and would holocaust the entire European continent.

Why don't you guys go around the world "helping" to clean the volcanic ash while you bring tons of that ash?

>Italian scientists
Hey Guido!
-Si, Pepe?
I just-a discover the perfecto recipee for the a-spicy meatball!
-Mama, mia!

Kek blessed Tolkien with visions to come of the fall of Europa. We would be wise to heed his words and save the west.

>Italian scientists

See you down the Green Dragon later, mate?

This.
"Don't worry, Allah will protect you from Vesuvius."

Shut up and pay debts, you fucking spic

repent

Does the ring represent independence?

>yfw refugees cant swim in lava

Where the fuck is the dominican republic?
Do you have to house share and one guy rides the electrobike to make electricity for computer while the other surfs the net?

Oh spelling mistake there.
Serfs the net*

>payng denbts

Yes, Italy is a Romania tier country. They just weren't under Russian occupation for half a century.

It's not that they can't swim, they just hate getting a wash.

not happening.

it's just that they get jailed if something happens and they didn't know it

they need to say this all the time to keep their jobs.

back to the DNC threads, everyone, this is also bait

>People from Naples are literal trash
>you can't nuke them
>you can't gas them
>you can't deport them
>you can't sell their land to a foreign nation
THANK YOU BASED VESUVIO FOR FIXING THE PROBLEM

> implying ancient scientists matter

Muslims invented optics and Algebra, now look at them.

What now eurocucks

third world shitholes in full resentment mode I see

Yellowstone

Prepare for 80 million guido refugees, cuck.

Can you name a famous intellectual born in Puerto Rico?

When the volcano erupts it will rebury Pompeii again in ash. Time for Floyd

youtube.com/watch?v=XnolyvilwNw

How will you keep Marika Fruscio safe?

>living on a landmass with an active volcano

Better than mexicants

>about to
>overdue
Made me excited for nothing. Fucking clickbait.

Look at the bright side. They'll be able to build a brand new modern city over the old.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phlegraean_Fields

kek, make it happen

The chances that these and Vesuvius will blow up together are very high.

RIP Italy.

Mate that land could become permanent lava and for me it would be a bright side anyway.
I just want Naples to cease to exist

i'd kiss the feet of every snooki that landed on our shores.

When will you go back to Mongolia?

>Italian scientists believe Vesuvius is about to erupt
Hopefully it will happen in the middle of the night

You do realise your cuntry would get a hit to it's economy that might lead to stagnation for years to come?

Are you implying there is a single person in Naples that works or pay taxes?

>last three digits

Bruh, my dubs will decide when, IN HOURS

Why are Italians so stupid?

>builds Pompeii right next to an active volcano
>volcano erupts
>Pompeii is no more
>doesn't learn from it and builds Naples in the same place

genius

/thread

The land around a volcano is the most fertile.

If Italy has similar services as Japan does, it'd be quite the memes.

>the volcano is long overdue for an explosion
Okay but how is that proof that people should be worried? By studying seismic activity and gas emissions we can know when its going to happen ahead of time. So again I ask, what is the point of this?

Lots of volcanos are long overdue for an explosion that will be far more devastating than Vesuvius (yellowstone for example). Nice fear-mongering u fagget.