What was the purpose of his character?

To bring balance to the force.

And not leave it in darkness.

>ends up doing the opposite
wow, licas is a hack

I honestly don't understand how exactly the force can be balanced. Do they need equal parts of good and evil? or all good?
There doesn't seem to be a point for Vader since the current owners of the Star Wars IP will always put a bunch of jedi and sith in their stories no matter what time they take place in. In the larger scope of the millenia that Star Wars spans it seems like Vader was pretty insignificant.

>Jedi are working with the Republic
>didn't have contact with Sith in like 1,000 years
>finally one Sith emerges
>Dooku defected to the dark side after his former pupil got rekd by the first Sith
>Sheev blows everyone out of the water, takes child of the force as pupil who kills nearly every Jedi
Yeah he brought balance to the force. The Jedi were just too retarded to realize what balance is.

What happened after he killed sheev and died though? did he break the balance in favor of the light side, meaning that it will lead to chaos again?

But he did bring balance to The Force. He reduced the huge number of Jedi to a scattered handful.

The sith control of the empire wasn't anything to do with the force, it was just politics with one sith lord at the top. People think the empire is sith, but its not. Most of the higher ups think the force is indian rope trick bullshit.

Balance doesnt mean 'lets the good guys win'. Everyone approaches the prophecy from the wrong angle.

An army of Jedi and 2 Siths = no balance
Palpatine + Vader = Luke + Yoda

Thats balance.

This guy gets it.

It's a retarded concept since Light/Dark side of the force can never be at balance. I mean why isn't there a Grey side? Qui Gon should've made his own cult. In the films they say Sith tend to extremes yet Jedi also tend to extremes.

Prophecies are always retarded, but it's pretty clear that a Jedi prophecy interprets "balance" as "no one abusing the Force," which means no Sith.

To remind the goyim that WHITE MALES are EVIL!

>when you realize there are only so many plotholes and retarded plotpoints in I-III because there's so much vague and unrelated bullshit in IV-VI no writer could've summed it up properly because fans made fanfics about backstories and lore for decades and it's not exactly what the majority of die-hard fans wanted

Seriously, is there anything worse than a Star Wars fan? This fanbase is known for autistically breaking down every single scene in every film and overanalyzing it into oblivion, then they start screeching when someone doesn't follow their analysis to a T.

>I honestly don't understand how exactly the force can be balanced. Do they need equal parts of good and evil? or all good?

Neither. 'Balance' means the Force in it's natural state. It was never 2 Jedi and 2 Sith, because there are more way more different groups who know how to use the force aside from the Jedi and the Sith.

Yeah in the EU so that means jack shit.
We know that the force when applied by a sapient species is either on the Light or Dark side.

Be Lucas' mouthpiece for his hatred of sand.

>Yeah in the EU so that means jack shit.

I'm not talking about the EU.

>We know that the force when applied by a sapient species is either on the Light or Dark side.

And none of these groups, despite how they interpret the Force, defy that.

To become an edgelord

Then name a few groups which used the Force in a balanced way. Afaik, force-using groups outside of the Jedi/Sith only exist in the EU. Haven't seen any film past VI though so I might be wrong.

>Then name a few groups which used the Force in a balanced way.

The Dagoyan Masters, Lasat Priestes, The Shaman of the Whills. The Nightsisters were, however, more aligned with the Dark Side. All of these groups are apart of actual Star Wars lore. Though some were inspired by materials from the EU.

> Afaik, force-using groups outside of the Jedi/Sith only exist in the EU
They haven't for at least a decade now.

>Haven't seen any film past VI though so I might be wrong.
You are. But it's more than just the films.

Forgot image.

>obi-wan doesn't exist

>all from some animated series
Not from the EU, still shit.

>doing the opposite
>kills all Jedi
>all that's left are two Sith and two Jedi
>a balance
Anakin did bring balance, just not in the way the Jedi thought.

kek

>Not from the EU, still shit.

Regardless, other groups exist. Doesn't matter if you don't like the media they came from.

Balance of the Force never specifically applied to only the Jedi and the Sith. There were many groups, some who leaned to the light, others to the dark. How many of these people there were was always irrelevant. The only way any of them could ever affect the state of the Force was by doing what the Sith did.