Why do you guys hate attack of the clones?

why do you guys hate attack of the clones?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KPt1am18lR4
youtube.com/watch?v=nq3Wlk2w-Zw
youtube.com/watch?v=RqYx0cqy0WA
youtube.com/watch?v=iBpdKkbvrko
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I DONT LIKE SAND

>I DON'T LIKE SANDNIGGERS

I really wish Lucas had kept the original version

Because i've seen it

I liked it because the music, costumes, set pieces, and Obi-wan

AOTC is pretty good, never got the hate for it.

The whole Geonosis arena scene is GOAT.

I actually really like Detective Obi-Wan and wish it had been more of the movie.

I hated all the Anakin and Padme scenes.

Because it's a bad movie

That famous "look out for that bounty hunter" goodfriend post explains why it's ridiculously bad pretty well.

It's actually my favorite SW movie

AoTC is unironically more creative than anything Disney has done.

It was a very good story, executed in a very poor way.

>"Watch out for that vicious bounty hunter Boba Fett, Luke. Did I ever tell you I fought his dad? He was hired to assassinate a senator me and your father were guarding. We kept bringing her around open windows and public areas in order to draw the would-be assassin out because we knew he had too much pride to just shoot her from long range. He had used his payment to hire another bounty hunter to kill the senator for him while he sent us on a wild bantha chase. Also the 2nd assassin used her payment to buy a robot to assassinate the senator for her. Did I mention the 2nd assassin was a shapeshifter? She could have been a good friend in disguise and just shot the senator for all we knew! Then the robot used its payment to buy poisonous bugs to release into the senator's room while she slept after lasering a hole through the window. It could have just lasered her too after that because we we weren't watching her at all, but it already bought the bugs. So we sense the hostile life forms (not the robot) in the room and rush in and save the senator in the nick of time! Then I jumped out the window to chase the robot back to its owner! Luckily it didn't have a self-destruct function. Then we found the 2nd assassin and chased her across the planet, and caught her when she tried to kill us instead of shapeshifting and escaping. But to our surprise, Jango Fett was watching the whole thing instead of going to kill the senator while we were away chasing the bugs chasing the robot chasing the shapeshifter. He shot her with a poisonous dart instead of sniper blaster, and only her instead of shooting all of us or blowing all of us with a rocket or something, then he escaped with his tiny jetpack. Luckily for the senator, my good friend Dexterr Jettster owned a 50s dinner on Courscant that had Republic secrets on the menu along with cheeseburgers and malt shakes. We found the assassin and Mace Window killed him later, right in front of Boba. And he was a good friend."

I don't remember a single thing that happened in this movie except that it introduced Dooku and there was some kind of alien bug gladiator arena in the middle.

I remember tons of plot from Menace, tons of plot from Revenge, but Attack of the Clones just feels like a blur. What the fuck even happened in this movie?

I like it because Natalie, but it's the weakest of star wars, even the new ones

Someone's trying to kill Padme. Obi tracks them down and learns about the clones. Anakin and Padme go on a date and he gets a dream about his mommy and goes home to find she's married and also dead and killed a bunch of sandpeople. Then they all meet up on the bug planet.

the title makes no god damned sense
>clones are good guys
>dont feature in film until last half
>hidden clone army sub-plot makes no god damned sense, uneedingly nefarious
>rest of the film is romance and sand

It had too much of Anakin x Padme romance and next to none of Anakin x Obi-Wan bromance.

I don't. I don't even remember it.

I do dislike RotS a lot, however. It has no business being so highly-rated as it is.

You can trivialize anything that way, it's not very fair

Everything with Padme, Anakin, and the droids was so unredeemably cringey.

Obi-wan was good in every scene, as well as Mace Windu believe it or not.

SFX and Music were top notch for the most part, as usual.

Action in the arena scene and count dooku/yoda were cheesy and cartoonish as shit.

Also I didn't like the bounty hunter chase in the beginning. But it was pretty cool when Obi-wan jumped through that window out of nowhere, even if it was also dumb.

Yeah the movie basically blows cock and is by far the worst Star Wars.

the best part is how the robot used his payment to buy some bugs. I will never not think that absolutely hilarious

As a movie, it's kind of pointless because almost nothing actually happens. For some reason, Lucas decided to make this movie about Anakin and Padme falling in love, and he did shit job of writing that. Almost everything else in the movie is just filler. Detective Obi-wan is interesting, but it doesn't lead anywhere, as Obi-wan doesn't actually solve his case; the movie ends up bringing up even more plot points that are never resolved. In terms of overall lore, it pissed off a lot of people by completely going against all previous notions (even those coming from Lucas) of what the Clone Wars had been about, or who the clones were.

So, it's a movie about a badly written love story that brings up a lot of unresolved plot points and only barely sets up what was supposed to be the biggest even of the prequels. It's light on actual plot, and feels like a waste of time, which Lucas even admitted to later when he said he regretted leaving almost all of the plot of the prequels until the third movie.

shit romance

Jango Fett was a really stupid character idea.

youtube.com/watch?v=KPt1am18lR4

youtube.com/watch?v=nq3Wlk2w-Zw

because it's bad

youtube.com/watch?v=RqYx0cqy0WA

Because it's really shitty. The best thing about it was the geonosian war which is better portrayed on every other shit.

AROUND THE SURVIVORS A PERIMETER CREATE

Because of what the other posts mentioned plus this: "Stormtroopers...I am your Father." - Boba Fett.

The Anakin and Padme scenes were annoying.
It's still way better than TFA, anyone disagreeing has shit taste, sorry.

Copy pasta kino

How in the fuck can you think Anakin and Padme is better than TFA in any possible way? Those scenes are the lowpoints of the entire series.

>...is far the worst Star Wars

Let me introduce you to the disney abominations The Force Awakens and Rogue One...

Besides the ending of III, I think II is a better movie.
The Jedi Council are all acting stupid saying you can't go on instinct, but Obi-Wan goes around the galaxy getting shit done.
The Anakin and Padme romance scenes weren't great but I loved how Obi-Wan took initiative to figure out what was going on.

>i dont like niggers
>they're ugly, they dont work, and they commit violent crime

what did Lucas mean by this?

Nice bait

Now that's a pasta I've not seen in a long long time

Back when the title was announced there was an absolute shitstorm over how cheesy it sounded ,It's just a throwback to Flash Gordon stuff like Empire Strikes Back

>Also I didn't like the bounty hunter chase in the beginning
Fucking hell that scene goes on FOREVER

>he regretted leaving almost all of the plot of the prequels until the third movie
>Episode 1 could have opened in media res with Anakin already Obi Wan's apprentice at the beginning of The Clone Wars
Why didn't he just do this?

this is literally a reddit tier post, you should feel ashamed of yourself

>prequel autists still pretend that TFA and R1 are anywhere near as bad as even the best prequel
embarrassing desu

it's boring as fuck

>Also the 2nd assassin used her payment to buy a robot to assassinate the senator for her. Did I mention the 2nd assassin was a shapeshifter? She could have been a good friend in disguise and just shot the senator for all we knew! Then the robot used its payment to buy poisonous bugs to release into the senator's room while she slept after lasering a hole through the window. It could have just lasered her too after that because we we weren't watching her at all, but it already bought the bugs.
literally zero indication that she doesn't already own the robot and bugs and used her payment on these things

It's unironically the best of the prequels. It has the best story and the best tonal balance.

>powerful Sith Lord hires an expert bounty hunter
>expert bounty hunter hires an assassin shapeshifter
>assassin shapeshifter hires a probe
>probe hires insects
this really is shitty
the shapeshifteing assassin was a wasted opportunity if there ever was one

The whole thing is a cheesy throwback, but unless a film is constantly winking at the audience like Spiderman, audiences respond poorly to such things.

> Anakin said what?!
> missing the point.

It served its purpose by making the bar scene more intense, but yes, it certainly could've been better executed, but at the end of the day, there was far more artistry put into this film than any current Star Wars film.

I like it though... I like all the prequels

The prequels were much better written, they had actual characters and story, not a bunch of memes and one-liners that lack any emotion or coherence. Luke is a cliched everyboy "hero" that goes through an absurdly rapid transformation between the fifth and the sixth episodes. Anakin's emotional instability and his exposure as a psychopath are gripping; and his doomed relationship with Padme is touching. In the compromised and boring "original trilogy" Han, Leia, Darth Vader and Obi Wan are complete meme characters, nothing about them is remotely believable or human. And why doesn't anyone care about deaths in those movies? Leia's planet destruction, Luke's stepparents' death, all of the blown up rebels--the list could go on--all the deaths are forgotten moments later.

As for direction, the movies from the "original trilogy" were mostly incoherent, badly edited and full of logical problems. The prequel trilogy is a work of a "vulgar auteur".

J. J. Abrams is a postmodernist with an eye for dense compositions and an autist (much like Lucas) who was a bad choice for a supposedly "charming" and "humorous" reunion movie--the only interesting character is the autistic Kylo Ren (the autistic Spock from "Star Trek" is the only interesting character there too), and overall lack of human "charm" emphasizes logical problems.

I feel neutral about the series overall, and honestly don't care about trolling or contrarianism. Here are my sincere rankings:

1. "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones"
2. "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace"
3. "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith"
4. "Star Wars"
5. "The Empire Strikes Back"
6. "Return of the Jedi"
7. "Star Wars: The Force Awakens"

This.

Ever since I was a kid, one aspect of Star Wars I always wanted to see was the Jedi being badasses, since there was so much mythology behind them that we only got a little bit of a taste of with Luke. I wanted to see what Obi Wan was talking about how there were all these Jedi that were the keepers of the peace for millions of generations.

Then I saw the arena battle scene and realized how stupid I was.

But I don't

I've never understood how so many people hate Episode I over this.

Episode I has some enjoyable moments. This movie is simply trash.

Begun the shilling for a bad movie has

youtube.com/watch?v=iBpdKkbvrko

These cool video was made of it.

It was a different time

The Obi Wan parts were good but the Anakin parts were bad. I think people hate the prequels because they fucked up Anakin's character.

>>literally zero indication that she doesn't already own the robot and bugs and used her payment on these things
>it's an underage autist tries to argue with pasta episode

>Hey Obi Wan remember when I saved you from Gundarks
>Obi Wan is like a father to me
>Lucas: At it's core Star Wars is about Father and Son
Why didn't he show more of Obi Wan and Anakin doing shit together. TCW show sort of made up for it but Anakin's padawan was annoying

>Why didn't he show more of Obi Wan and Anakin doing shit together.
Lucas is retarded. The only reason Obi Wan managed to maintain a huge presence in the OT was because Vader kept mentioning Obi Wan every time he appeared along with the fact that he was still around.
>Obi Wan once thought as you do
That fucking hack thought people would rather see some lame romance after lines like this. Obi Wan and Anakin had a huge history but all we got were throwaway lines of Anakin reminding Obi Wan that he saved him

That is the only watchable part of that movie, nearly ruined by the droid factory scene and R2s sudden rocket legs. Not to mention how absolutely fucking terrible the CGI was for 3PO in that scene.
Honestly the CGI for that seemed to be worse than TPM and George decided to follow what the cool directors were doing at the time and included fucking shakey cam into the battle at the end.
Also, I hate sand.

>OT Obi Wan when first talking about Anakin
He was a good friend
>PT Obi Wan when first talking about Anakin
Why do I get a feeling we've picked up another pathetic life form

Bravo Lucas. It's obvious that Qui Gon took Obi Wan's place while Obi wan took Anakin's place.

>fat, old loser looks back through his rose tinted glasses at the OT

AOTC is objectively better than the OT and the sequels. Ewoks? Really?

So this is why the Techno Union was brought into the CIS

Well there is just the general hate for the prequels. But then there is the specific hate for the "romantic" scenes on Naboo. Cheesy as fuck acting, rolling around in the grass, picking flowers, dinner by candlelight. It was just a very very bad piece of cinema. The spaceships and all the other shit was super cool though, but that shit on Naboo.....................

George can't write dialogue for shit. When the majority of the film is about Padme and Anakin talking through their feelings for one another this causes some problems.

Hayden Christiansen looking constipated for the entire film is pretty bad too.

McGreggor, MacDairmid, Sam Jackson, and Christopher Lee are the best executed parts of the film.

Very cool to see Obi-wan solving mysteries but what the fuck was up with that greasy diner alien??? Why does a "diner" in space look like something out of the 50's?

Yoda fight was a little silly with the jumping but it does make sense that someone of his affinity with the force would use his powers to help him fight and make up for his stature.

The idea of a clone army was cool but the Fett connection felt forced, George just wanted to make toys.

Tbh, if it wasn't for the absolutely TRASH dialogue and with a little less of Anakin/Padme scenes it would be a pretty dope science fantasy film.

>VOY than TAS
Nigga is this bait?

I could never understand why people say this is worse than TPM

Can anyone help me out with this?

I don't like it because Jango Fett gets his ass waxed by Mace Windu and we never really got to see him do any cool shit.

Just like how Boba gets his ass waxed by Luke in VI.

It just seemed so unrealistic how quickly they went down. I thought mandalorians were a warrior race. I thought back when count dooku was a jedi, jango fett made a stand on galidraan with other mandalorians and jango was killing jedi left and right.

Why can't we see bounty hunters do dope shit?

Is this just going to get another one of those bullshit "hurrrr non-canon !!!!" responses? Probably.

People on this site get assmad when they have to sit through Padme and Anakin scenes because they missed out on young love

>Reddit spacing
>dope shit
>liking mandalorians
checks out

Because for whatever reason people can't look past the dialogue and digital filmography to realize it has a superior story and superior characters who are actually fleshed out. If they could, they'd realize the film is a lot more fun and more true to the overall spirit of Star Wars.

>Why do I get a feeling we've picked up another pathetic life form
fucking hell raimi

awww you poor thing, nobody took your bait. Here's a (you) it'll get you through the night

test

>Mace Dindu
lmao XD

not an argument

I meant just in the general public. Most people will say AOTC when you ask what the worst Star Wars is.

the love part takes way too much time for how badly written it is, half the movie looks like an old videogame, meaningless action with no impact. it just feels like a low budget tv show

I dind't and it's nothing like in the movie

That's because they're idiots who can't grasp the genre, and would rather have a film with recycled plots and reddit tier comedy.

It's my favorite of the prequels. To me it's a nice little hero's journey. Anakin's mission is to protect Padme. He gets the girl. Great wide shots. Great soundtrack. Dooku is a pretty cool villain. It's the movie where we finally get to see what Anakin was like when he meant well as a Jedi. I just prefer it over Revenge of the Sith. I really like the bounty hunter aspects as well. To me the movie is the epitome of what Lucas was going for. A nice 40s/50s feel. Casablanca style in a way. I don't mind the 50s Diner and I don't mind the romance. Yes I think the OT is better, but the prequels I love as well.

TPM is too childish and ROTS is too depressing. AOTC is juuuusssst riiiiiight.

According to him, he thought it was necessary to push the story back to Anakin's childhood so he could show just how dramatic his fall was. Which is a pretty dumb reason that probably wasn't very well thought out. The same thing could have been achieved better by having an adult Anakin be a likable character.

He had Anakin as a 10 year old because he thought that would appeal to 10 year olds

Yeah it worked for me. I was 10 when it came out. Then being a 13 year old with raging hormones Padme in episode 2 worked for me. Then being an edgy 16 year old, Anakin episode 3 becoming Vader resonated with me. Lucas is a genius wtf.

What proves that Clones was a success is that we're still talking about it 15 years after it was released. Something you won't be able to say about Disney Wars.

>people remember Water World and Battlefield Earth that means they were successful films

yeah right. The kids watching it will grow up loving it like the prequels. Also I think the sequels are going to end up being better than the prequels so I'll be talking about it.

what's going on with anakin's hair?

It's a padawan thing because that's what Obi-Wan has in episode 1.

It had a story?

It's better to be infamous and entertaining than to be generic and forgettable.

More so than TPM and TFA.

Nothing about this movie is generic and forgettable. Like it or not, people will never forget scenes from the movie. People will never forget Yoda doing backflips and Anakin busting a nut in his pants talking about Sand.

I remember the obi wan vs. jango star fighter duel.
Those sonic mines man, that whole scene was probably the second best space battle in the whole series