Kind of an off-topic thread, but not entirely...

kind of an off-topic thread, but not entirely. what is a good desktop computer/monitor combo for watching/making/editing kino? what does Sup Forums use. i know nothing about computers but would like to get something that i can edit what i film, but also double as an entertainment center.

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.co.uk/forum/
dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/inspiron-3668-desktop/fdcwgam241s
ibuypower.com/Store/AMD-Ryzen-5-Diamond
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

What program are you going to use to edit?

What's the input video resolution? 1080p, 4K?

What's the input video format (AVC, P2, HDCAM)?

Are you going to do any effects?

if you don't know shit about computers and want one for editing/typical pleb use, just get an imac like every other tech illiterate cuckold

er. a multi core cpu, like a ryzen 7 or something. a shit ton of ddr4 ram. 16 minimum, 32 would be more than enough. ssd for your OS, bigger the better. a large 10 terrabyte HDD for video storage. you'll need a decent monitor or can just use a tv, depends if you wanna go 4k, 3D etc. this would also determine what kind of GPU you wanna get. probably something powerful like a 1080 if you want to go all out. I don't know too much about monitors, sorry.

Pretty much any computer at Best Buy will do fine for your purpose.

i was thinking adobe premiere, right now i use final cut but my mac is getting dated. its time to upgrade. input is 1080p/avc. and no cgi or anything like that.

we didnt all go to film school user

thanks for the help, user. screen-shotting this so i can take time to decipher what all that means.

You will want to get a used workstation from ebay. One which has two Xeon processors in it with six cores each.

What is your budget for this machine?

>not going to usc film school

sad

take this question to tomshardware.co.uk/forum/

they are really great and helped me build my gaming desktop. or they can probably just scout you a decent pre-built if you can't be bothered to do it yourself

i go to asu if that makes you feel better about yourself

i was thinking $700-$1000 should be enough to get what i want done. im ok with it not being the best computer money can buy as long as it gets what i need done efficiently.

>usc

Enjoy your $300,000 student debt

just get a dell with an i5 or i7 and make sure it has an SSD and 16 GB of RAM.

dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/inspiron-3668-desktop/fdcwgam241s
Something like this would be perfect for kino related work.

Don't do this

yeah don't get a blazing fast modern PC that'll last for at least five years for under a thousand dollars, that's just stupid.
what's your superior patrician suggestion for the OP who knows nothing about computers? get fukt.

R Y Z E N 5
Y
Z
E
N

Build a better one for the same price. Even a complete retard can put a PC together.

Yeah I doubt the OP wants do that
But yeah go for Ryzen it's better, check this out: ibuypower.com/Store/AMD-Ryzen-5-Diamond just pick a cheaper graphics card than the fucking 1080 ti like a rx850 and you're gucci.