It comes at night

>30 threads open about Wonder Woman and Black Panther trailer
>not a single thread about the best movie released this weekend

never change Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2017/6/8/15762548/it-comes-at-night-director-trey-edward-shults-krisha-interview-horror
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The previews weren't clear. Is this about something supernatural, or some cabin fever / infection or something else? I like Joel Edgerton a lot, but not enough to buy a ticket to something blindly because he's in it.

>I like Joel Edgerton a lot
why? the man is a black hole of charisma and I have no idea why he's cast in so many things

Because he's a decent character actor that pointedly takes hugely varied roles across every category of movie.

Bad movie. Shit writing, decent acting.

This was satisfying.

I like Edgerton too.

Just got back from it. It was nice watching it in an empty theater and I definitely want to watch it again

We already talked about this and concluded this movie was about nothing, nothing happens and it doesn´t even have a proper ending

But he looks like a Mestizo.

I have mixed feelings about empty theaters. I want any movie I like enough to see in the kinoplex to make money and succeed, but I hate crowds.

What came at night?

It's a sort of plague, really. There is no monster.

A clickbait title

I think Bad dreams / Sleep Walking are a symptom of the infection, Steven had it all along and infected Andrew, and that's why the other family wanted to leave

Save yourself the $15 and just watch the episode "Darkness Falls" of the X-Files.

My only question is why they were so insistent on having Andrew close his eyes. Either he was infected or he would've freaked out seeing Paul with a mask and gun.

>Darkness Falls" of the X-Files.
Kino episode.

...he's a blue-eyed ginger from Australia. How the fuck does he look like a half a beaner to you?

Nothing happens. Literally. That's what stumped me the most after watching. Besides the dog coming back, NOTHING heightens the plot. I'm not even sure how I feel.

I noped out during the trailer when the """white""" woman went into the niggers room at night started kissing him.

Most of Sup Forums hasn't even seen it yet. No torrent download.

Sup Forums doesn't pay for anything, they just bitch about everything.

How is it shit writing? the characters are actually reasonable and dont do stupid shit. The dumbest thing someone ever did was the wife taking forever to shoot. Besides that, everyone actually has common sense. The last 15 minutes of the movie was so much more than decent acting. I dont know, the title really doesn't do the movie any favors by misleading people but, it was a great watch.

It was insanely great. Something I don't see referenced much is how it's sort of a take on immigration and taking in refugees. It doesn't really take a side either way, on one hand the main family's life would have gone on normally had the dad just killed will right away. Of course then he would have to treat everyone like that and like at some point, like what the end of movie underlines, is that surviving isn't worth the cost of your humanity.

Because we already had a bunch of threads on it Thursday/Friday when it was released. It's so vague simply for the sake of being vague that there's no point in discussing it and there's nothing to discover. It brings nothing new to the table since it's all about fear and paranoia and how that affects people.
It's about the director's shitty dad getting cancer and dying.

source on the dad thing?

I'd say it was just them being protective. Don't want him to see people pointing a gun at each other, possibly getting shot.

theverge.com/2017/6/8/15762548/it-comes-at-night-director-trey-edward-shults-krisha-interview-horror

>It Comes At Night is a harrowing drama based on a crisis in Shults’ family: “It comes from my dad’s death,” Shults says. “I had a messy relationship with my dad… He battled addiction for a long time, I cut off our relationship, and after 10 years, I saw him on his deathbed, with pancreatic cancer, and he was so full of regret for the life he led. And I was just trying to help him find some peace. It was one of the most traumatic experiences of my life. I’ve never been that close to death.”

Interesting but that doesn't mean it isn't about immigration and taking in refugees.

The marketing for this movie really bothers me. Why sell it as something that it isn't? it's like they're asking for the general audience to hate it. The movie itself is great, but the trailers are horse shit.

DELET THIS

The """plot""" was complete garbage. The flick, as I will call it, went off in random tangents that didn't mean anything to the storyline or weren't resolved whatsoever, i.e. the trip to get the Mexican dude's family, the point about him not actually have a brother, the son's attraction for the woman, the door getting opened, the dog getting wounded and going silent magically. Complete yawnfest, only a pretentious nerd who thinks they know what a good movie is would dishonestly claim to enjoy it.

And to clarify, I walked into the movie with my mother and younger sister without any preconceptions because I hadn't heard of it until we were on the way to the theater, and even just the title was completely misleading. Fuck the director and fuck the producers of this one.

>enter thread expecting to see title somewhere
>still have no idea what movie OP is talking about
>too scared to reveal my pleb level and ask for title of movie
heh, this movie was decent, nothing really happens. my favorite part was that one scene in the middle. and the dog was cool too.

It's the first fucking words in ops post you dummy.

>nothing comes up when I google "never change" movie
Am i retarded?

I'm afraid so.

>I need to be spoon fed every detail

I've seen a bunch of threads about it over the past few days.

>I need to pretend this movie wasn't a completely unresolved box of shit because it at least appeared artsy on the surface even though it was one of the most shallow thrillers ever made

not what i wanted but not bad either.

A lot of people have asked this question like there's anything more to it than

It's really simple. They are trying not to traumatize their 4 year old with scary people in gasmasks pointing guns and yelling

>even in a dream sequence there has to be a BLACKED scene

it's the title of the thread man

Who opened the door?

Yea, I really like to believe that Wills family was mostly innocent and the little hints at them being otherwise were just red herrings to feed into the tension and paranoia. It really makes that final scene hit hard if you also believe those characters were staring silently at each other now knowing the truth.

Did Travis and Bud sleep in the same room?
In Travis's room there are clearly two beds and Stanley was sleeping on one.

Idk. I think they intentionally made it vague as to how the infection spreads to make things harder to piece together.

No wait, we're shown Bud's room when Travis finds Andrew in it.
Unless Paul's family found that place.

Yea thats right. Strange that there's two small beds in the basement then. Might just be the old family home, so there were multiple children at one time or another.

the climax kinda catches you off guard, and not in a particularly good way. movie ends too quick, felt like there was another 15-20 minutes that was cut out.

that being said, one of the tensest movies ive seen in a long while. christopher abbott was fantastic.

and i know it really doesnt matter but what the hell do you guys think happened to the dog in the woods? some kind of feverish hallucination by travis maybe?

>implying it wasn't a zombie movie
heres why I think this
>killing the sick before they die naturally
>dog attacked by something and gets infected, but infected creatures are shown to be helpless
>dog sensed something far enough away it couldn't have been like an asymptomic bird or something.
>kid draws pictures of dark figures with skull heads in woods
Doesnt really matter thematically (as the movie is about the charactets), but it fits and I cant think of any concrete counter evidence.

What happened to the dog? Did Travis actually see something that attacked the dog? I'm guessing he hallucinated the creature and dragged his injured dog to the outside area then went to bed leaving the door open.

It was one of those spooky skeletons from the Triumph of death waiting for their impending doom

Jesus dude it wasn't that bad why you so butthurt haha

That just makes me appreciate the plot more since the pivotal point for the main family was derived from real emotion and experience. It adds to the depth knowing the story holds weight behind it

Considering how much "you plebs hated it because it was 2deep4u" is getting thrown around, I don't blame him.

And he's not wrong. It was a very shallow movie. You can explore the impacts of fear and paranoia on people in a survival situation, have some really killer cinematography, AND also have a decent story that makes the movie an enjoyable watch (even if it's got a grim ending). This isn't a pick two situation.

I will agree on the wicked camera work

But I think that's what makes it best is that it doesn't try to go too deep. It plays with the subconscious while also portraying raw humanity, savagery and our evils which we can't truly hide. You don't have to dig deep into everything, maybe the message is meant to be more surface level

You're giving it too much credit by saying it plays into the subconscious. Every horror movie tries to do that in a different way. This flick was just plain boring.

Kinda interesting that he was in The Thing (2011 Prequel) though if they painted all the practical effects with cgi, then it would of been something different...

I still favor for a directors cut of the movie with majority of the CGI removed so you can get a good look at the art work that Amalgamated Dynamics made for the film and show that there work did not go to waste...

who was phone?

A black kid.

It was good for what it was but it's being heavily overrated pretty much everywhere. The marketing was basically a bait and switch (and I knew it would be since it affected the Witch to a lesser extent too) and the movie seems to just end when it feels like it should keep going for a little bit more. Not a good ending regardless of how you interpret it. Parts in the movie seem to lead nowhere too and the movie can't decide which direction it wanted to take the plot it seemed. And there are movies that do these same things and do them well but this movie didn't. It felt all over the place and not sure on what it wanted to be.

When I saw it in theatres the sound was really low too. First time I've had an issue like that at a movie theatre.

HOL UP
*fails to empathize with white stepdad profusely*
SO YOU BE SAYIN
*misses dead grandpa*
THAT I WAS SORT OF
*fantasizes about white milf*
SOME KINNA
*wonders why mom doesn't have an actual purpose in this movie*
YOU MEAN TO TELL ME
*creeps on white milf*
YOU ALL BE SAYIN'
*lurks in attic*
YOU MEAN TO TELL ME
*has open-to-interpretation dream sequence*
THAT IM SOME SORTA
*misses dog*
SOME SORTA...
*mentally checks out for the entire climax*
INFECTED FOR THE WHOLE MOVIE?

Theater me and my bud went to was empty, first time that's happened. Was sorta fun - like owning a 9/10 home theater setup.

Sort of ruined the atmosphere of the film though as we speculated and shit talked the film the whole way through.

I'm not the only one who thought it was werewolves, right? I mean when the dog shows up all mangled and the white kid is asleep 'having nightmares' in the next room I was fully expecting that little shit to go feral during the final scene.

holy shit, how long did this take you

this fucking cave monkey of a norwegian director was in charge of that claiming "it's 2011 the audience doesn't want all practical. they have matured from the 80s look"
fucking piece of shit probably some son of a oil man who paid himself for the extra cgi fuck up that was done by his mongrel friends.
those motherfucking mountain cave dwelling subhumans! found some oil now can provide a social system for a couple million people with ease and suddenly think they are well educated or creative people.
norwegians are worthless scum! sandniggers of europe! without oil they'd still be hunting trolls under bridges and starve to death while doing so!
hate these fucking retards so much I can't even

I think the reason that they wanted to keep the kid's eyes covered was because they turn black as a symptom of the sickness, as seen on the grandfather, and they were trying to convince Paul that he wasn't sick.