Did anyone actually like this? Boyle is trash

Did anyone actually like this? Boyle is trash.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EbYbAaR5VDM
youtube.com/watch?v=MxodNJQlq8I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The original was shit too

MATE HEROIN ROFL

It had a good production but falls apart in the last twenty minutes like everything "good" Boyle has made (Sunshine, 28 Days Later, etc)

"no"

I lost 5 years of moi loife on heroin'

>not 'eroin
You blew it.

it was great you fags

DUDE CAMERA ANGLES AND CHROMA SATURATION MAKE MOVIES GOOD LMAO

You are a fucking prole.

I think it's mainly the memorable scenes not those meme kino shit things

I dislike that they made the plot revolve around that murderous lunatic trying to kill everyone, instead of choosing something more realistic and interesting.
I really liked Spud's story line, it was great.

>Did anyone actually like this?

do you have actual criticism or just meme criticism? because I thought it was ok 6/10

>the book stuff and the return to things in the novel that were cut from the original film(like sectarianism and Begbie's abused gf)
>the aging and regret theme that makes it like Once Upon a Time in America for people who listen to The Happy Mondays

imo the scene where Mark and Sick Boy talk about shooting up for the first time and what happened to Swanny is pure kino

>I think it's mainly the memorable scenes
I am all ears. Was it the painfully uninteresting subplot about Spud writing Trainspotting? Or the shamelessly shoehorned "choose life" rehash that felt so out of place it ruined the whole flow of the movie? The 1698 scene that goes on way too long and is not even the least bit humorous? Go go go.

The toilet scene where they finally meet
The business proposition where they pitch it like professionals but really it's for a brothel
Begbie showing actual feelings and apologising to his son
Begbie's father

It had plenty

>Begbie showing actual feelings and apologising to his son
That is all I will give you. I can't for the life of me see why you find those other scenes valuable. You didn't even mention the only great scene of the movie She's too young for you

ah I see you meant Renton's father. That scene was good too I guess.

That's Irish, retard.

Begbie's father was supposed to be in the first movie, but they cut it

good taste. also appreciate the overly confrontational tone of your posts
the only thing that weirded me out was how begbie was the one who had aged the best/least

I thought Begbie aged like shit. He's pudgy in T2 instead of built in the original. Renton obviously aged the best because it's Ewan and he's got the most money of the 4.

DUDE DRUGS AND NIHILISM LMAO

it was as good as i expect a late sequel could be.

>decide to read the book
>page 1
>>"Aw, ah sais. Ah wanted the radge tae jist fuck off ootay ma visage, tae go oan his ain, n just leave us wi Jean Claude"

The fuck is this gook shit? I wanted a story about some Scottish degenerates, not some crap that reads like an untranslated anime picturebook

it looked wonderful. Spud was amazing. Music and audio mixing and editing were fucking spectacular might i add.
what's not to love, op?

At least it was cool to look at

fuck you

it was totally and utterly unnecessary with no teeth to it. Neutered and boring. Only a couple really funny and noteworthy scenes. The Balkan chick was nice to look at but I didn't really get into her character. Diane's scene was great and she is still beautiful. Turning it into a slasher flick in the last fifteen minutes was abysmal and textbook Boyle. The "choose life" rehash was cringeworthy pandering nonsense. I didn't understand Sickboy's motivation for anything he did. Renton was kind of generic in the first movie but it's incredibly noticeable how devoid he is of a personality in this. The less said about Spud actually writing Trainspotting the better. Soundtrack was unmemorable. 1698 scene went on way too long.

Nail on the head, though I still enjoyed it for what it was.

all the Spud scenes were wonderful. especially the flashback in the alley.
and yes the unnecessary sequel was unnecessary, big surprise.
i really enjoyed the music editing. it felt actually smart, like all Boyle movies.
you don't relate to any of the characters, i'll admit.
it was fun screw off.

You sound butthurt piss off

Choose life, choose EU, choose benefits, choose refugees, choose SNP, choose fucking deep fried mars bars

It was good. For a sequel that no one was asking for, it could have been much worse.

All the characters got a nice 20 year fill in regarding what they've been up to, a decent continuing storyline, and it was cool seeing even side characters like Mikey Forrester and Spuds girlfriend/wife show up.

>It had a good production but falls apart in the last twenty minutes like everything "good" Boyle has made (Sunshine, 28 Days Later, etc)

What exactly fell apart in the final 20 minutes of Trainspotting?

the fact that Renton is able to find a job in London and be stable that fast was way too much to stomach.

That was more mid movie, the final 20 minutes was the heroin deal and betrayal.

As for your main complaint, it's a movie, sometimes you gotta time jump a littler bit.

I wish Begby wasn't a murdered in this.

In the original he was kind of a fun loving psycho, but I never got the sense that he would ever kill anyone (beat the shit out of them, yes)

lol what? the ending is the most iconic part by far, if you ask people what they remember about it it's either the baby scene or the ending.

Trance had a strong ending

and anuvva 3 to a mefadone program what was meant to get us off eet

don't forget
>tfw Spud walks past the intersection where the chase from the first movie's opening happened and ambient Born Slippy plays

fucking gated Sup Forums fags hating on drugs, no wonder you like capeshit so much

>the ending is the most iconic part by far,
that is so utterly wrong. the "choose life" opening, Iggy Pop, running through the streets. Come on man.

>Trance had a strong ending
It's also not a very good movie.

127 hours has a great ending
Slumdog ending is consistent with the rest of the film

>Slumdog ending is consistent with the rest of the film
They end up fucking rich when all they needed was each other.

Booooooo

have you not noticed that the no. 1 song associated with the film, so much so it carried over into the sequel, is Born Slippy?

also, re: earlier in the thread
>NO MEMORABLE SCENES
are you kidding me?
youtube.com/watch?v=EbYbAaR5VDM
youtube.com/watch?v=MxodNJQlq8I

He wasn't murdered
You got your wish

>what is Millions

the scene you first posted is pretty good. the other one I didn't remember at all it was so unmemorable.

>have you not noticed that the no. 1 song associated with the film, so much so it carried over into the sequel, is Born Slippy?
So has Lust for Life you retarded fuckstick there are like 4 remixes of that song in the movie.

that 1698 scene was great

LOL DUMB WHITE PEOPLE ALL HAVE THE SAME PIN NUMBER
Fucking awesome Boyle.