Is Alien Covenant worth a watch?

Is Alien Covenant worth a watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=alienparadiselost.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No

Rewatch The Fifth Element instead

No, the prolong "The Crossing" is about 10 times better.

Ridley Scott hasn't done anything worthwhile in decades. Leave him be and go watch someone who knows how to write a profound script without mixing it in with irrational decision making and kiddie pool action scenes.

No, entire plot is a robot making a Jesus alien.

it's really strange (spoilers)

the David scenes, the philosophical talk, the meaning of artificial intelligence i.e. the "Prometheus" stuff was easily the best part about the movie

the actual ALien scenes, with the horror setting, and shitty cgi creature was easily the worst

they should have just said "fuck the fans who whined about Prometheus" and just made Prometheus 2 like planned
instead of pandering to fanboys of the old movies

it's horrible

yes it's great, don't listen to the plebs who didn't understand it

IT'S OKAY BRO
JUST COME CLOSER TO THIS DISGUSTING EGG THINGY

NOTHING BAD IS GONNA HAPPEN, I SWEAR
TRUST ME BRO

It was more entertaining than most movies i have seen recently. Just because it wasn't perfect or what it could have been doesn't mean it was shit in the scope of things. It is miles better than any super hero movie per example.

it's not a good alien movie, that's why people hate it

it's more prometheus than alien

other than that it's a pretty good movie

Is there a good torrent up yet?

This. It has some flaws but unlike all the other forgettable shit out there it actually has some depth. It's not really a film for normies.
If you like Alien and biological aesthetics you'll most likely love it. If you're not impressed by birth and creation, go watch capeshit instead or something.

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=alienparadiselost.htm

>181 million
>yet to open in china
>is going to sell tons of merch to loyal Alien fanatics

Where were you when you realized Alien Covenant unflopped?

Yes.
Better than Prometheus, third best Alien movie despite the flaws.
Just wish it and Prometheus could morph all of their good parts into a masterpiece for the ages.
Fuck the studio for not funding it without a shohorned Alien connection...

Nope worst alien movie, pirate it if you're curious but do not support this movie financially in any way

Yes. It's not perfect but it's still very entertaining and if you just take it for what it is you'll enjoy it.

>t. AvP manchild butthurt about all his comics being declared non-canon

I felt that way too. As a standalone film it is better then most of the other crap that's released nowadays. But if you are a hardcore Alien fan and want logical consistency and conclusions regarding the franchise as a whole, you're probably gonna be disappointed.

Definitely. It's the third best in the franchise. Just don't expect a classic Alien movie, more of an improved continuation of Prometheus.

Its worse than Prometheus though

Watch Life instead.

On it's own, sure, it's an entertaining movie.
The setting is gorgeous, the music is good, the occasional gore is nicely morbid, and the character of David is particularly interesting to watch.

The movie's biggest flaw is probably the decision-making that its characters go through. They're fucking ridiculous on a few occasions which can remove a lot of sympathy for them.

And if you're a big fan of the Alien franchise, you may be bothered by what the movie says about their origins.

Still, all in all, I'd say it's perfectly enjoyable. Just imperfect.