Question for those born in 1995-1997(cusp of Millennials and Gen z): do you associate your childhood moreso with...

Question for those born in 1995-1997(cusp of Millennials and Gen z): do you associate your childhood moreso with Millennial shows like "Samurai Jack", "Yu Yu Hakusho", "Malcolm in the Middle", "American Dragon Jake Long", "Dave the Barbarian", "Rocket Power", "Invader Zim", "The Weekenders", and "Recess"?

Or Gen Z shows like "Hannah Montana", "Breaking Bad", "Phineas and Ferb", "iCarly", "Chowder", "Johnny Test", "Breaking Bad", "The Big Bang Theory", "Total Drama Island", and "Flapjack'?

Other urls found in this thread:

archiveofourown.org/works/7884013
archiveofourown.org/works/9499943
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You said breaking bad twice

This is just tedious

Neither, my liberal parents didn't want me to watch advertisements so I grew up on Arthur and Cyberchase

for me,it's anime

Weekenders and Recess? Yes

archiveofourown.org/works/7884013

archiveofourown.org/works/9499943

The ending seasons of the first shows and the beginning seasons of the last

This post was made by a Latin American.

Disney Channel never had ads, so you got fucked buddy

they had tons of ads for other Disney shows/products

I like breaking bad

>born in '95
>still remember the change in social norms, pop culture and society between those two periods happening somewhere between 05 and 07
>it all seemed like a dream compared to how things have changed since even then

95 here as well, what social norms are you referring to

Who born in 70's here?

The left one

The first list.

>Do you associate your childhood with Breaking Bad?

Uhhh......

Reminds me of

>be 90s
>playing Crusin' USA on Sega Genesis
>imagine a game where you could actually drive around, like a city
>now they have GTAV

Really makes you feel old

It's time to stop making this thread, user.

>early 1998 here

Mostly gen Z shows but some earlier stuff like Jimmy Neutron and Recess. Jake Long is early gen Z.

Not sure. I've watched a bunch of those shows from your first category but not while they being made

the internet wasnt nearly as popular and part of everyday life. We had it, we used it and were more accustomed to when it first came out and
only some people used it and went on chatrooms and the like. Now I have to see mainstream media have a segment on tweets and hashtags
generally technology has made huge leaps and bounds, which is ok but I have seen younger kids (like 7-8 years old) with their faces crammed into an ipad or phone. I sound like such a "born in the wrong generation" fags but I legitimately think we were the last ones to just go outside and play. No phones, no cameras, to social media, just get on my bike and round everyone up in the neighborhood like my parents had done years before. I cant imagine the stress of not getting it as a parent or disappointment of having kids do nothing but sit on their phones on a beautiful day
tv and movies seemed better, not all of it of course and yeah its the rose colored glasses of being a kid but ill watch movies or shows from 10-15 years ago and they just had more heart to them. Again, not all but the ones that did you could tell people actually cared about and they felt more real. kids shows and movies in particular. IMO it has to do with how much the internet and tv has evolved, there is such a demand for more shows it waters everything down because nobody can keep up

so yeah, id say the biggest changes come from how involved everyone is with each other's business, theres no anonymity anymore (why I still come here) and everything is too much, too fast. Nobody just chills and or has some time to themselves like before, and its encouraged to be this way. we're always Connected going a 1000 mph and its wearing everyone out

the first

Wow you have actual autism
but I associate more with millennial shows

Neither, we couldn't afford cable. I remember Malcom in the middle though. I mostly watched PBS, but I didn't watch a lot of TV. I liked Arthur and Dragon Tales best as a little kid. I was already too old for gen Z stuff when it came out and looked down on kids my age that watched it.

Yeah, the boom of social media [MySpace and Facebook] ushered in the internet intruding into our everyday lives.

I love the internet but I do dislike how people feel the need to broadcast their lives as they're living it 24/7.

What sucks is that the internet got more used by regular people before internet speeds got fast enough. I guess one has to follow the other.