The H1-B visa program does not harm Americans...

The H1-B visa program does not harm Americans. You just don't have the skills necessary to be competitive in the economy.

Other urls found in this thread:

grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-law-schools/law-rankings
uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/o-1-visa-individuals-extraordinary-ability-or-achievement
usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/china
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't want more spics and shitskins coming here. Fuck off, we're full.

oh ok thanks for clearing that up im with her now

Only if by "skills" you mean the ability to sleep ten to a room and be threatened with deportation if I complain about my working conditions.

Yum

Some good eats there, fellow burger.

H1B keeps the poors out. Nothing more to shill here.

Tell that to all the tech workers who are fired and forced to train their indian replacements

It's bullshit. I don't see why tax cheat Jewinverisities have to use impossible loans to import the 3rd world and give away our education so they can variously form enclaves and take it back to their own countries.

pure nonsense

there H1-B program wasn't passed until 1998 (Clinton admin, again), after America had already achieved technological dominance in IT.
All the H1B program has done has allowed CEOs to keep more of the company's money while exacerbating native American unemployment.

YOU HAVE TO GO BACK

It's not that Americans don't have the skills in the overwhelming majority of cases. It's the two following things:

1) H1-B visa holders are beholden to their masters (the sponsoring company). Few companies will sponsor the takeover of an H1-B visa, and if your company fires you, you have to leave the US.
2) You can get an H1-B visa holder for the fraction of the price. Southern California Edison started replacing IT workers making $100K+ a year with H1-B holders making $60K. Since they came from third party staffing firms, they don't have to give them benefits such as medical insurance saving even more money.

The answer is to greatly raise the minimum wage for H1-B holders so they're only used in cases where the talent truly doesn't exist in the US (or cannot be adequately taught to a resource with work authorization in the US). Which is why career politicians beholden to their corporate masters are against H1-B reform.

>You just don't have the skills necessary to be competitive in the economy.
This is what my sister says who works for a HR at a huge fortune 500 company dealing with technology. Its the biggest fucking joke I've ever heard.. Whatever happened to companies wanting to help there country by giving the workers they higher those necessary schools or maybe even funding schools to push for whatever they need.

I don't know but I know for a fucking FACT that saying your host nation doesn't have the "skills necessary" is utter fucking bullshit.

> Implying H1B workers are hired because of their skill level and not because they're willing to work unpaid overtime
>being this much of a Redditor

Arby's curly fries?

It does, and you're a fucking imbecile. Go die.

Or maybe I do but I won't work for 50% of what's normal because I'm not desperate to stay in America.

>employers are more likely to hire people who want to work harder

k

>Native American unemployment
So the Indians are taking the Indians' jobs?

>hates free market economy

Go live in Venezuela then

> H1B visas do not affect Americans
>You Americans do not have the skills to compete

Choose one faggot. SAGE

If H1Bs are being poorly paid how come median income of Indians in US is $100,000?

There's a difference between quality of work and quantity of work, and there's a difference between employees willing to work hard because they're motivated adequately (job satisfaction/wages/combination) and because the employer has complete leverage over them (via the visa) on their ability to remain within the United States. The H1-B program is glorified indentured servitude.

Letting businesses threaten to deport their employees if they won't bend the knee isn't free market, you jackass. It literally undermines an employee's power to demand fair compensation and damages the economy as a whole by devaluing skilled labor.

This system only exists because of the government fucking with markets because lobbyists want jury-rigged system for cheaper labor because they're butthurt about the rising cost of hiring skilled workers.

This,

God why are Americans so jelly of sucess?

>There's a difference

I don't see it. In one case, the person has to leave the country, in the other they get fired. It amounts to the same.

1. Indians aren't the only ones using H1-B's

2. Working a job you should be paid $150k for at 2/3rds of that because of the threat of having your visa revoked is precisely why H1-B's are bullshit.

The figure you cite is household income (e.g. 2 spouses making $50K each filing jointly have $100K household income). It also includes Indians who have received lawful permanent residence status and those who have received US citizenship, and not just H1-B holders.

I work at a cedar fair park
every year they bring in people on these visas
they make them live in a shitty motel 4 to a room in shitty bunk beds. in a room that originally was for 1 person. they pay them min wage because no one around here works for min wage, if they complain or do anything the company does not like they get their visa revoked and have to pay for their own transport home. the company also alerts immigration about it

they are fucked lol also retarded
they have some turks working a restaurant and all the ice cream machines had to be replaced because they were overflowing with maggots because they did not break down the machines and clean them once

Not really. If my employer starts fucking around with my hours, I can threaten to quit and not have to leave my house or property or relocate where I live...I can readily go to another employer while still employed and seek a better job (either in hours worked, quality of life, compensation, or a combination of these attributes). The H1-B holder can only move to another employer if they're willing to take over his visa (restricts typically to larger employers with cheaper legal representation) and has to work his ass off because if he gets fired he has to leave a country. The two are very different, especially if the H1-B holder brings in dependents on the H4 visa who have to have their lives uprooted to leave the United States (especially if the dependents are in the middle of an education in the US).

The H1-B holders willing to take far lower wages depresses wages for US lawful permanent residents and citizens and generally degrades working conditions (e.g. higher expectation of hours worked).

Looks like Jack n the box curly fries.

Top kek, actual chemist here. The state of the lab industry in the USA is fucking pitiful, you can make as much money with much better hours working for like Walmart or flipping burgers.

My first lab job I was paid $14/hr no benefits and expected to work 60+ hours a week. And the hours themselves were like 6:30 am until at least 4 Tuesday though Saturday and the wanted me to come in Mondays or Sundays a lot, and they got mad that I didn't want to spend another 20+ hours a week designing procedures for additional instruments so that I would have even more work. And the fucking manager refused to give anyone a fucking raise ever.

I got certified to teach high school, told my boss to go fuck himself, and now I got $55,000 starting as a chem teacher. Sure it isn't a super high number, but with a few more college classes, that the school district will pay for, I should be making $100k by my mid 30s and can always go into becoming a department head or principle relatively easily and make even more.

As a former recruiter for Microsoft. False. I never hired an 1hb because there was a lack of qualified candidates. It was only ever because you zipperheads will do it much cheaper. I used to get bonuses if I got a candidate a job and the accepted under the targeted salary.

I don't care, I just hate niggers

H1-B Visas are an interesting case, there are low skill workers it brings in which is bad, but then at the top, the US literally does not even have citizens applying to the Ph.D programs that we need people in. A lot of company globalization happened because of a total lack of internal applying to these positions. Examples include engineers at Boeing, Nasa, Intel, and Microsoft. Without an H1-B these groups would be screwed and we are literally not producing anyone competent in there fields.

Ending high skill H1-B visas would be a grave mistake. It would send hundreds of thousands of extremely intelligent Chinese and Indians back to their homelands that are contributing here and creating whole industries.

Many of the global companies already have a problem with this so they already have offices open in these other countries. If we ban H1-B then groups like Intel will become purely Asian countries.

US citizens make up a minority of STEM Ph.D applicants. We cannot talk about eliminating H1-b without fixing the Us education programs and dramatically raising the number of qualified candidates for these programs. At my university, Americans were rarely even applying. Some programs have 20 people in them every year, 15 are Asian, then there would be a black guy and a hispanic or arab. Even some of the whites were here on H1-B visas. I was literally the only white Us citizen in my IE doctoral program.

I had to quit because I could not afford it. I lost a research position and the opportunity cost of switching to an industry job with my MS vs finishing the doctoral program would have been $300,000.

Fuck no.

If you want your country to survive, you either let foreigners happily hit the top levels of education and drive your whole design industry, or you let your industry leave the Us and you become a service economy. Or you fix education and give people living here GRA positions so it's possible to finish school.

When americans with the same skills are being overlooked because it's cheaper to hire an indian guy yes, it fucking does harm Americans.

After I graduate from school in the US I will be sponsored for my H1-B and making 180k/year. If you cucks take that away from me and I went through all this school for nothing..

>H1-B Visas are an interesting case, there are low skill workers it brings in which is bad, but then at the top, the US literally does not even have citizens applying to the Ph.D programs that we need people in. A lot of company globalization happened because of a total lack of internal applying to these positions. Examples include engineers at Boeing, Nasa, Intel, and Microsoft. Without an H1-B these groups would be screwed and we are literally not producing anyone competent in there fields.
Topkek, certain fields need them but a lot of areas in software use them mostly for wage control.

The larger problem is there are 65,000 positions for bachelors degree holders and another 20,000 for masters degree (or higher) holders, so when you get 200K+ applications for the former category with a lot of those people being much less qualified and willing to take lower salaries (not really unique skillsets) then those who are truly needed get odds worse than a coin flip of actually getting their visa.

Most people aren't talking H1-B elimination, they're talking about tightening the burden of proof to get a visa (that it's truly needed), giving the government actual teeth to investigate/take action against companies that abuse, and greatly raising the minimum pay for H1-B visa holders to deter abuse (companies using the system to import foreign replacements for far less than US resources).

This is top level Bullshit. If companies really wanted to employ Americans they would reimburse them for getting the necessary degrees or have better PhD programs with schools.

What is happening is just a bid to save money while fucking over Americans

Truth. If you can be replaced by a beaner then you're worth nothing anyway

>not wanting to fuck over a leaf

>Ending high skill H1-B visas would be a grave mistake. It would send hundreds of thousands of extremely intelligent Chinese and Indians back to their homelands that are contributing here and creating whole industries.

...Where they go on to improve the lives of those in their own countries and make them slightly less of a shithole...

>US citizens make up a minority of STEM Ph.D applicants. We cannot talk about eliminating H1-b without fixing the Us education programs and dramatically raising the number of qualified candidates for these programs. At my university, Americans were rarely even applying. Some programs have 20 people in them every year, 15 are Asian, then there would be a black guy and a hispanic or arab. Even some of the whites were here on H1-B visas. I was literally the only white Us citizen in my IE doctoral program.

I know that here foreign students pay a lot more money, so universities prefer them over locals because of all they money they bring in.

So is it a case of Americans not applying for the courses or Americans *not being accepted*?

So where's the cut-off for "if you can be replaced you're worthless"?

Labourers? Skilled tradesmen? University graduates? All of those groups have seen it happen to them.

Think about the countries that give high education for their best people, then those people just leave to US or to Europe without giving anything back. Those are the countries that losing in this game. The US is brain draining the rest of the world. Somehow pol thinks this bad for the US.

thankfully even trump just wants to raise the minimum salary requirement on H1-B visas. I am far above that requirement.

>Somehow pol thinks this bad for the US.

It is possible for it to be bad for both. The winners in this game are multinational corporations who couldn't give two fucks about the little people.

What degree/qualification will you have that merits an $180K/yr salary? It sounds like a "$300K starting" meme thing from /sci/.

then how do you explain america being a superpower in the 50's

Hello streetshitter. If I had a dollar for every hour of work required to patch up royal fuckups from our cubicle farm of pajeets, I would never have to work again.

The partners acquired both on-shore and off-shore resources at fractions of wages not understanding you poo-in-loos take interviews for one another and your degrees and competency certificates are essentially a pay-for-play scheme where enough rupees gets you the qualifications for a job.

Of course our higher-ups don't care about the fact you're all unproductive little shits because we will work unpaid overtime to fix your fuckups because if we don't, we get fired and replaced with more incompetent streetshitters, and at this time, nobody's willing to walk off the job and let it burn because we have mortgages, car payments, and kids.

H1-B is for high skill educated foreigners only. Think software engineers from China and India.

"Big Law" pays 1st year associates 180k. Increases 10-20k every year afterwards

They are just invested in their own employees because turnover is expensive. Also, many companies do want US people with degrees. The entire defense industry has companies paying people to go to school because it needs people that can get secret clearances.

But those companies employ under a few million tops and most will never seek further education.

The options for people just out of highschool suck. If it's so easy where is your STEM Ph.D?

I was in college over 10 years and graduated with no debt. But I also dropped out of a doctoral program to prevent having debt. I worked multiple jobs and did research, it was hard as shit. But I'm motivated by money and finishing was just not going to pay off. When degrees take so long you really need stable well funded labs for citizens to be GRA's in.

I'm fine with people coming over as long as they don't work aka take our jobs

So you just get a law degree?

>Most people aren't talking H1-B elimination, they're talking about tightening the burden of proof to get a visa (that it's truly needed), giving the government actual teeth to investigate/take action against companies that abuse, and greatly raising the minimum pay for H1-B visa holders to deter abuse (companies using the system to import foreign replacements for far less than US resources).

Ah, I've heard a lot of talk about banning H1-B's entirely, what you said makes a lot of sense. I agree. I think it almost needs to be broken into a few parts for different kinds of statuses. People here for college and advanced degree applicants, should probably be a separate visa and yeah it should have the ability to investigate and make sure it's not hurting Us people.

No it's becuase you will work for less since you work for shit in India. Y'all need to get gassed.

It didn't keep Phillip out of my department and he brought in a GAY JEW with him!

You wont a law degree from one of the top 14 law schools to have a good shot.

Keep in mind this is in the states. In Canada the legal market is much more difficult and starting salaries in big law are 80-100

I've recently done masters in Software Engineering with 3.2 GPA and have 3 years work experience. What are my chances.

What's a top 14 school?

I'm surprised and not surprised that big law firms would game the system to get H1-B visa holders into law positions. I know plenty of US citizens who took law. At the same time, if you pay someone more than $60K/yr, even if 15% or more of your workforce is on H1-B, the requirements and ability of the government to enforce are pretty minimal.

>yfw canadian living in the US on L1A visa

c:

Why is it gaming the system?

grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-law-schools/law-rankings

Helloooooo?

Hope you're going to a decent school. You get nowhere in Law in the US without a degree from an extremely competitive school.

Oh wait. You're in Canada studying Canadian case law and hoping to get hired from an American law firm to practice American law.

Pic related

ISIS is taking applications

I'm agreeing with you that we need to have a reform of higher education to help Americans get the degrees we need and not this retarded funny farm that places incentives on giving degrees to foreigners or minorities instead of the Americans who have the best ability.

I think all around the world you have this problem where people don't find it viable to get to those levels of education and it just so happens that India and Asian make up 50% of the world's population so it is cheaper for companies just to poach what ever percentage of workers can get that education there as opposed to in the USA where you are looking at a fraction of 300,000,000 instead of 3,000,000,000.

H1-B visa is for when qualified talent doesn't exist in the US. There isn't a shortage of law graduates in the US, in fact it's the opposite. Law firms know that you can find the candidate you want, talk to them, and then if you like them you write the job application based backwards off of the candidate's resume and have them apply to it. It'll contain enough checkboxes from the resume (must speak: French and English fluently, must have four years experience in studying XYZ, must have 3.5 years studying ABC, candidates who have been involved in activity DEF strongly preferred) that it's essentially impossible for anyone else to meet. Not because they're actual qualifications for the job, but so they can claim they are and the only qualified candidate who applied was foreign so we need an H1-B :^)

I've seen it happen before with various big firms including law and Big4 accounting.

what?

Im starting at one of the top 3 law schools in the states. Are you already studying law?

Fucking A! Another redditor, who keeps letting these fuck's in here?! Especially one from a country which doesn't have as much of a problem with Mexicans thanks to the buffer the US provides.

Yea I keep hearing stories about people with law degrees who can't get law jobs, but I think they are nearly all women/minorities that got in due to affirmative action and not their own ability

ALSO: Technically some NYC big law firms hire a few grads from U of T law and McGill law each year. Not my situation though. Law firms really do not care much about your substantive knowledge of the law.

Getting paid less money is not a skill.

I agree. White collar fags have been shitting on blue collar workers for over a decade because illegal immigrants underminded their jobs and wages. Now white collar fags are getting the same treatment with H1-b visas. Feels fucking glorious.

That being said, it has absolutely nothing to do who is more skilled or competitive, and everything to do with greedy companies and coprorations cutting costs and pinching pennies as much as they can.

>H1-B is for high skill educated foreigners only
thats a lie and disney proved that

No, that's an O-1 Visa

uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/o-1-visa-individuals-extraordinary-ability-or-achievement

H1-B should technically require you to hire Americans first, but it is sold on the basis of there being a "shortage" of American workers. There is no shortage as half of all STEM majors are working in non-STEM fields.

The "shortage" is an artificial non-issue. There is no shortage. If there was a genuine shortage, they'd qualify for O-1 visas. When a company claims there's a "shortage" of qualified workers, what they're actually saying is, "there's a shortage of qualified American workers willing to work for non-competitive wages." So hire Pajeet and Huan, pay them shit for 7 years, let them take welfare, rinse and repeat.

>american jobs
>being filled by americans

multinationalist pls

I agree, also college should be free, that will fix everything

Hey faggot, care to respond to this?

>2) You can get an H1-B visa holder for the fraction of the price. Southern California Edison started replacing IT workers making $100K+ a year with H1-B holders making $60K. Since they came from third party staffing firms, they don't have to give them benefits such as medical insurance saving even more money.

H1-B's are a way for greedy kikes to make more profits while fucking over Americans. This only helps the rich, not the middle class.

Native American is not the same thing as native American.

Oops, that was meant to be directed at

>H1-B should technically require you to hire Americans first, but it is sold on the basis of there being a "shortage" of American workers. There is no shortage as half of all STEM majors are working in non-STEM fields.
It requires you to prove that, but you're exempt from it if you pay the candidate more than $60,000 a year, which is a shitty and artificially low gap for the specialty jobs under the visa. I agree that the current use of the visa (and lack of reform) is depressing wages.

Doesn't fix shit in Denmark. They have really high unemployment rates. What would fix it would be to eliminate affirmative action, get rid of government subsidized loans, and then take all that cash you are giving people for being poor or a minority and use it to fun college for people with the best scores in the areas of highest need

H1-B is just a scheme to benefit cheating CEOs. It's also one of the top 5 reasons why the foreigner's country remains shitty.

If they leave our country would become much less prosperous, I don't want them to make India less of a shithole at our expense. We need Intel to work here and be taxed here, and create jobs here.

Trump's idea that companies should not get access to the US market without their industry in the US is a good one imo. But we need to be able to staff those companies.

>So is it a case of Americans not applying for the courses or Americans *not being accepted*?

Both

I worked with the director of my department, Americans were approximately 1/3 of the applications for the program and they were usually several hundred points below other applicants GRE scores, and about half of them did not meet the entrance requirements for GRE and/or GPA.

Minimum scores required 1000 GRE and 3.0 GPA or people are rejected/kicked out.

Asian scores are like : 1400 GRE 3.9 GPA, from a top 100 ranked college. With lab experience and publications.

American scores were like 900-1100 GRE 2.5-3.5 GPA from an average school and sometimes even community colleges (all CC's are considered below rank 2300). No lab experience/internships/co-ops or pubs/thesis, but they did work as servers.

There is more to consider besides score, but the Asians have the edge there too.

Americans need internships, Co-ops, and lab positions that pay at least the same as being servers. That would help a lot.

Unfortunately, the top 1% of the rest of the world is more than enough people with enough money to fill up our programs without worrying about money. Meanwhile money is certainly a primary barrier to US applicants, as is the reward of money a primary motivator.

Did the Asian candidates do their undergrad here or in their home nation? Cause I can assure you any undergrad done in India or China was cheated and forged

>how do capital letters work
See Pajeet. This is why we don't want more of you.

Arbys doesn't sell burgers m8

>If they leave our country would become much less prosperous, I don't want them to make India less of a shithole at our expense. We need Intel to work here and be taxed here, and create jobs here.

So you want America to prosper at THEIR expense? That is a legitimate position, but it does preclude you from making any kind of moralistic statements about immigration - just so you know.

>He doesn't realize that Asians are not smarter because the ones that are applying were the rich ones who could escape their shithole country.

You literally are getting jewed by sampling error. Add in all the poor people from India plus China and you'll see your precious "Asians are smarter" meme fall apart. Besides there as been a trend in America to keep whites (especially white men) out of college. In preference for that lucrative foreign/out of state money that Asians give and federal aid for more black students.

Your healthcare system is grossly undermanned. They import doctors at super high rates.

t. russian doctor on H1-B

Also this.

Corruption is rife in developing countries, and often their qualifications are worth exactly as much as the paper they are printed on...

We took that into consideration, most were done here in the US, Indian schools are shit a lot, but they didn't make up most of the applicants in my department. We had a lot from Korea, Japan, and China. The Chinese colleges from Beijing's top schools never fail to perform so those are considered pretty high end.

Example, most of the colleges on this first page are considered good. I can't speak to any Indian colleges though.

usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/china

Smaller cities and Shanghai in particular, fake people's college history more frequently but that was never really a problem since we didn't see many shady backgrounds apply.

In general they did highschool in their home countries, then about half it seemed did undergrad there. In the US they would have completed an MS and then applied to our program.

This .
you cant underpay h1b because before the h1b is approved the salary has to be according to the value set by the department of labor
So it is cheaper to hire a US citizen .

Kek, I had to go to a Russian doctor once. She was giving me a vaccine and she took it out from the fridge, and while it was still frozen jabbed it into my arm so hard it hit the bone. Then she wondered why I still had my sleeve pulled up and only after I told her that I didn't want to bleed on my clothes did she give me a bandaid

>stupid faggot brother is coasting through engineering degree
>bernie faggot
>lives at home still, 27
>not even maintaining a B average
>thinks he will get hired easy
>has no idea what an H1-b visa is

I can't wait

Strong Americans created America and made it survive into the 21st century. If you parasites want to undo everything that our forefathers and parents helped create go ahead. Just don't come complaining to us when the system comes crashing down.

t. non-law student

After working in "free" healthcare every doctor loses something in his head. No surprise she didn't have any remorse, lol. As a doctor you work shit tons of hours in Russia fro a McDonald's manage salary. They all come out devastated inside. "Free" healthcare is kill for those who work in it.

Corporations exist to generate a return for their shareholders. That's it.

The same department of labor that would willingly set minimum wage to $15/hr? No thank you, they do enough harm already.

>zipperheads
Please explain.