It was ok

It was ok

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rM_NV0occNA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I thought so too. Better than Wonder Woman.

Absolute 'just turn your brain off dude' kino

Why didn't Barbossa use Blackbeard's sword to control Salazar's ship?

Also didnt Jack get the compass from Tia Dalma?

Why did Davy Jones come back as a squid monster if all the curses of the world have been ended with the destruction of Poseidon's staff?

They did some things right, it was enjoyable, the girl was hot, but Jack was too much of a buffoon, I miss Jack from the first movie. The lore scenes were kino, though. I'd say it was worth it paying to see it, specially since I actually saw with a girl for once.

The Dutchman must have a captain.

Why did they make Will and Elizabeth's son look like such a faggot?

I got sad while watching this because I realized how bad "block buster" movies have become.

>Also didnt Jack get the compass from Tia Dalma?
I suppose he lost it again at some point.

So the stronk womyn could shine, of course.

I disliked the ending "twist". I expected them to do the "the girl is actually the antagonists daughter" again which would have been even more disappointing. What I hoped was that they'd pull the Skywalker here and Carina would have turned out to be Henry's sister after the comment that they're a lot more alike each other than they know or something.

Also, how old is Jack supposed to be?
>commanded Black Pearl most likely as an adult
>Hector double crossed him and took his boat and became cursed
>Elizabeth and Will were just children when Elizabeth saw the Pearl as a cursed ship for the first time
>Elizabeth and Will grow up to similar stage that Jack is
>Will becomes Dutchman's captain after inseminating Elizabeth's uterus
>Will's son grows up and Jack is still not an old man after two generations of Turners

Well Johnny Depp is in his 50s, he just looks young I guess

Kill yourself with that taste, it was horrible.

Why exactly?

either Jack just doesn't show his age and is older than he looks (maybe all that rum is keeping him preserved), or him dying and coming back from the dead plus all the magical shit he was involved in through his life such as the fountain had an effect on him.

there's also the probability he was legit a kid when he started since in such times people tended to die young and thus were forced to "grow up" earlier, so he doesn't seem old because he's isn't really all that old, he just lived more than average for his time.

He was at least 15-20 years old in the flashback with Salazar when he became a captain of a ship.

Cliche plot, horrible villain, oh the compass is a plot device now, oh and the wand of poseidon too, overused soundtrack, GotG tier cringe jokes and dialogue, Barbossa reduced to shit and killed off like he was trash, introduce 2 mary sues know it all, oh and look at that she's the daughter of barbosa, oh and she has a stone that so magically is the last piece missing from the island of stars or whatever the fuck that was, the whole fast and the furious beginning with the heist, where they somehow pull a house around corners and shit, Jack Sparrow is horrible, that cliche love ending where Will and Elizabeth run towards eachother.

Wew, now the only good thing was the revival of the Black Pearl

well, he looks that old but it might be the make-up and in-universe he could have been younger. even then, we don't really know how much time goes by from when he fucks Salazar over to when Hecktor gets the pearl. if not much time passes in-between, then he wouldn't be that old in the first 3, maybe 20-ish and considering he theoretically doesn't age between 2 and 3 since he's dead, he might be in his mid-30s/early 40s by this one.

Who cares, he obviously is not normal with all the magical shit that he has been through and that whole skeleton shit

Best villain intro or GOAT villain intro?

youtube.com/watch?v=rM_NV0occNA

I agree with many of your points but I mainly focus on how the action is shot and composed. Believability of the plot is entirely secondary to me in this kind of movie. The movie is filled with beautiful scenery and emulates tfw pirate. It's a movie of action, atmosphere and adventure instead of carefully crafted plot and it pulls that off quite nicely in my opinion.
The only jokes that felt too forced were "that's my stern" and the whole goat shit. Should've at least paid off the goat setups by showing goats at the end.
Jack should've gotten some character development but I think they're just low on ammo at this point.

>horrible villain
By what metric is Salazar horrible?
Salazar is almost as cool as Davy Jones and Barbossa. Way better than Blackbeard.

Also,
>be Will and captain of Dutchman
>cursed for decades unable to see your love
>son breaks the curse against all odds which lets you see your loved one and live a normal life
>your son has a beautiful mary sue as his gf
>you, your wife, your son and his gf are idyllic happy perfect people who get what they want unlike the pigfuckers on the island or the whores at tortuga
What else are you gonna do except cliche love ending? It's basically a perfect note to end this escapist fantasy movie.

It doesn't compete with the first three movies, but it does hold it's own and is an entertaining flick.