Tom Holland's Spidey is the most faithful adaption of Spider-Man since Ultimate Peter died

>Tom Holland's Spidey is the most faithful adaption of Spider-Man since Ultimate Peter died
Holy shit. We are at the point where the movies are fixing shit from the comics. I literally never thought this day would come.

Fuck off, fa/tv/irgin

I can't get over how damn great he is.

>>All people care about in Civil War was Spider-Man
>>Everyone so psyched for another Spider-Man game.

I swear, I don't get how people can go so crazy for Spider-Man when we've seen him in five films now. That said, I really don't know how he can do another reboot.

Peter has been this weird asshole since 2005, Ultimate Spidey was the closest to the original and they killed him off.

>All people care about in Civil War was Spider-Man

Wrong. I actually liked the recruitment scene more than his action scenes. And even then, if we're going on specific characters, I gave more shits about pic related than Spidey.

ultimate spiderman came back to life, newfag

We've seen him in four and a half decades of media. If we were gonna get sick of him it would have happened long ago.

>Peter has been this weird asshole since 2005,
Lots of characters were assholes in the 2000's. I call it the Peter Griffen effect.

Amazing Spider-Man kind of was people gettin sick of him.

>We are at the point where the movies are fixing shit from the comics.
The fact that the REST of the movie fixed the original Civil War didn't give you that impression?

>Iron Man isn't a massive cunt
>Cap is relatable again
>Bucky is still in the Cap storyline instead of being sidelined to SHIELD shit
>Vision is still a paragon
>Wanda isn't fucking Hitler
Where were you when the MCU saved comics?

He's the single most financially profitable superhero of all time, and has been a star character since his introduction 54 years ago.

People do not get sick of Spider-man. Period.

Watching the movie, obviously.

I'm a DC Comics fan, what the hell did you think I would be watching? Batmang Sup Forums Supermang: Derp of Jimmies?

I'm going to see something that I know nothing about so I get a new story, and that if it sucks I won't get mad about.

But they killed again. His universe was destroyed at the moment that Miles gave the rotten hamburger to Molecule Man.

>I swear, I don't get how people can go so crazy for Spider-Man when we've seen him in five films now.

>You now realize Spider-Man 3 came out a decade ago
>You now realize ASM is 4 years old

It's not that we've seen him so many times, it's that we want an "official" version that's true to the comics and gives us more villains than just Gobby, Venom, and Ock. Not to mention he'll be interacting with other MCU characters, which is a plus.

Really amazing how no character felt much like they got the shaft.

There were characters that did less (Bucky, War Machine) but they still had important things happen to them and about them. Even Vision's absense throughout the fight kind of makes sense with his moral arc of not wanting to fight and be seen as a monster.

No it was destroyed in the final incursion. Then the concept of it got conquered by the gentry while it was vulnerable

I'm not getting psyched for the new game until It's confirmed sky swinging is out.

If it is then I'm through the moon. We haven't had a good spider man game since the PS2 era.

he's like superman and batman, an Icon of pop culture.

Is there any chance of any cross-pollination with the MCU in the new Spider-Man movies? Will it be completely devoid of any mention of any of the Avengers, Hydra, or Shield, or will they at minimum have a post-credits scene like they did in Incredible Hulk?

Finally saw this - he looks way too young. Especially given at how old RDJ look, plus Rhodey. In his case, he's a former/current military guy who probably doesn't have regular facials and pedicures. RDJ just looked like crap.

His jokes were fine but it was ridiculous that a (15) would not be less nervous, and (b) could handle himself that well.

And where, exactly, in the middle of that airport runway, was he web-parked at immediately above Cap to be able to web his hands AND grab the shield. It looked like a direct south approach which he would have had to have managed, in air, webbing from point a to the truck he lands on (which was way too low to the ground for the physics of the scene to really work).

For real? They killed pete again? I was hoping he survived. I need to read secret wars.

>Iron Man isn't a massive cunt
Tony was petty, childish, guilt-ridden for his own shit, and an asshole.

>>Cap is relatable again
When, exactly, was he not relatable. His old school morality? It was still on display here? And that's what people like about him so don't know what you are on.

The MCU didn't save comics, not when Thor is a woman, the MCU has no bearing on the X-Men in comic books, and Marvel Comics can't even bring themselves to do anything with one of their most storied IPs, the Fantastic Four, other than have Johnny shack up with some hair product commercial in her comic book, so he's essentially her cameo meat puppet fuck boi.

>When, exactly, was he not relatable. His old school morality? It was still on display here? And that's what people like about him so don't know what you are on.
He became didactic as hell about it in the comics, basically an American version of Rightclops.

He’s still devoted to the American way in the MCU, but he isn't a closed-off ass about it.

He's just the greatest Marvel superhero.

>and gives us more villains than just Gobby, Venom, and Ock.
FAT CHANCE!

Iron Man is in the new film.
Kids grow up fast, especially with a film every year.

>Russos are better at handling large casts than Whedon.

Who would've thought all that experience on screenwriting for large tv casts would have paid off.

They didn't show it or anything but he just hasn't really appeared so unless he shows up it is safe to guess he and all the other people of the universe are dead.

Well, according to the infinite universe theory the should exist a universe where something so amazingly improbable will happen. Just as there should be one where I lost my virginity at 5 to '99 Jessica Alba.

Don't actually know shit about physics and are just pulling this out of my ass

If Parallel Dimensions did work, the chances of another Earth being formed the exact same way as this one, having the same history, the same people, AND the same ideas such as Spider-Man get drastically smaller with each specific circumstance.

Whedon was used to it.

In fact, screen-time-wise, both Avengers movies were pretty spot on, and all characters had one or two moments. Even Cap and Thor ("was that the only word you heard/that's the only word I care about" and "We're gonna lose together" come to mind.), at least on paper sound good. Heck, even Nat/Bruce romance is a great idea in theory, just badly implemented,

Of course, all characters are different shades of Tony Stark, but that's another matter.

Whedon never gave more than 1 or 2 arcs per episode on his shows, the Russos go full ham with Arrested Development. There were episodes with 4 and 5 sub-plots.

The intro in TWS with Cap/Sam is a masterpiece of introducing/bringing the audience up to speed on characters, context and relationship in just like 3 minutes. Almost every single line has a function, it's remarkable.

So true. The Russos really balanced that huge roster so much better than Ultron. It even felt kind of natural to have so many people in the cast, and just enough background was given from previous movies for it to be clear for the viewer without info dumping like crazy.