ITT:

Movies that are better than the source material

Jurassic park

American Psycho

the book is entertaining and worth reading

but the way they rearranged the loose, episodic nature of the book into a tight, coherent story is very impressive. also impressive the sheer amount of material they were able to cram in.

I like the cut of your jib.

I thought Edge of Tomorrow was better than the manga it was adapted from. I feel like the Manga definitely had a "non-hollywood ending" but I still enjoyed the film a little bit more overall.

you retard, the film was adapted from a book not a manga.

light novels are just short manga

are you fucking retarded

>americans in charge of reading

toplel

Kind of missed the point of the book by skipping all of those hallucinations though.

Also some of his psychotic narrative breaks can only be done in a literary manner.

Still a good movie though.

No country for old men, at least in some parts

But m-muh squid!

Literally every film adaptation of Stephen King.

the godfather

SHAZAM!

The Mist was baller. Even King thought the movie's ending was better than his own and I have to agree that the movie's ending is a gutpunch in film format.

Like, holy fuck, completely no. This is the example I use for the exact opposite. Zach Snyder completely missed the point and the genius planning and deliberate pace of the source material, deciding it was better to just throw shit in because it looked cool.

dumb weebshit poster

Squid made sense, Manhattan bombs made sense for the story that Snyder was going for. It's just that everything about the movie was hollow and added nothing for being a film. If Snyder had made more changes befitting a film adaptation it would have been better.

Ill disagree with this. I prefer the book.

I agree,it's vapid, hollow bullshit, and the Manhattan bombs fit the movie butter, but it completely falls apart under the critical lens. If Ozy was trying to diffuse Cold War tensions why would he blame mass destruction on an American 'weapon.' I'm kind of a muh squid faggot, but that's by far the least of the movie's problems.

Wrong. IT was a complete shit movie compared to the book.

Fuck off Zack Snyder, don't you have a multibillion dollars franchise to ruin?

2001: A Space Odyssey

Started out as an ironic thread, Sup Forumsedditors took it seriously.

All you need is kill really suffered from all the anime bullshit. Based Cruise knew exactly how to adapt the action and the premise while adding in a more rounded, "mature" humor.

IT is both a shit movie and a shit film

Pic unrelated obviously

if he knew psychic squids existed why didn't he just develop psychic power machine/creature to chill everyone the fuck out

Fight Club
Apocalypse Now

lmao brainlet detected

in the movie you can't tell if he's hallucinating or if anything that's happening is even real so i'd say the director managed to capture that