/éire/

2 AM edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ws_TGnBRheM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Tomoyo

Second for a lovely tan.

The despairing man is mortally ill. In an entirely different sense than can appropriately be said of any disease, we may say that the sickness has attacked the noblest part; and yet the man cannot die.
Death is not the last phase of the sickness, but death is continually the last. To be delivered from this sickness by death is an impossibility, for the sickness and its torment . . . and death consist in not being able to die.

You okay?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ws_TGnBRheM

think I may be a schizoid man

You know there's a difference between schizoid and schizophrenia?

of course. It has become apparent to me that a lot of my general day-to-day behaviour is not normal and is associated with schizoid personality disorder.
About time for bed now though.

snow day tomorrow at work tomorrow lads. Post comfy pics of the emerald Isle please

Watched all of Red Dwarf XII now I've nothing to do.

They're being very stum on this lad in Dundalks motivations.

>fix sleep pattern without even trying

Help.

Define "fix"

Thought I slept for nine hours but turns out it was only five.

I went to bed before midnight last night and slept for 8 hours. That's the quintessential normal sleeping pattern.

Lying awake in bed or broken clock?

Winter

What's he planning?

You probably just have aspergers.

wtf I think I'm schizoid too now

I think I would actually kill myself if I had autism, to any extent. I don't know why, I just hate it so much, I'd kill myself if I found out I had it. Can't find out if you never go to a therapist.

Why? Whats wrong with it? It's not like suddenly gaining the title would change anything in your life.

God, I'm tired as shit. Hopefully I'll be in bed early tonight.

>went to bed before midnight last night and slept for 8 hours
I should strive to become more like you user.
>image
She looks really ugly in that.

Struggling to get an erection this morning.

Perhaps masturbate less frequently.

Can someone one through the benefits of no fap again? Weighing it all up.

There is none. It's a werid cult for MRA and MGTOW types just to make them feel like it somehow turns them into better people and not awkward losers.(hint: it doesnt)

>MRA
What do men's rights activists have to do with not masturbating? Are you that same lad who hates that those people for no reason?

careful. talking ill of those groups will trigger you know who

I want a Irish Catholic gf

too late

I only asked a question. It's just bizarre to me that somebody would draw a link between MRAs and not masturbating. By that logic is there a link between masturbating and feminism?

Well nobody has yet explained why those groups deserve the criticism they have been receiving here from a couple of anons lately.

MRA kinds of people tend to believe their life would be better without the influence of women so seek to suppress urges.
I'd imagine it's seen as cutting "the power of women" out of their life by training themselves to not give in to sexual urges and see it as promoting rational thought.

Autism is a gift.

>MRA kinds of people tend to believe their life would be better without the influence of women so seek to suppress urges.
What's your source on this? I'm no expert on the MRA movement, but this sounds more like MGTOW.

>I'd imagine it's seen as cutting "the power of women" out of their life by training themselves to not give in to sexual urges and see it as promoting rational thought.
Yeah, that's definitely MGTOW. Are MRAs not campaigning for men's fights in areas like father's rights and divorce law similar to how feminists fight for women's rights in other areas?

>/r/ireland picked up on /éire/pol/'s astroturfing regarding the Dundalk attack
I wonder what will happen now that the Gardaí have declared that it wasn't a terrorist attack.

Any particular reason you're so defensive towards criticism of this group when you're critical of feminism?

MRA is a facade for misandry.

It's moreso that I'm curious why feminists dislike a group that fights for the rights of the opposite sex? If feminists truly believe in equality, surely they wouldn't perceive MRA's as a threat?

misogyny I should say

kek

Are you saying MRA's hate men or Feminists use the term "MRA" to hate men?

Nobody said they were a feminist here, you're defending MRA regardless.

Then could somebody just not as easily say that feminism is a front for misandry? It's a similar sort of sweeping generalisation.

The user attacking MRAs without justification clearly holds feminist ideals based on previous conversations on /éire/ recently.

>there are people ITT who think men shouldn't have rights

He didn't attack anyone, he said MRA types promote the ill-conceived notion of no-fap. It was hardly a stinging attack on their identity.
You jump on anyone who even mentions those sort of alt right groups in a negative light. You clearly feel negative towards groups which promote the rights of women but sympathetic towards the same groups that focus on men.

All those born with full Irish blood and raised in Ireland are equal. Prove me wrong.

>he said MRA types promote the ill-conceived notion of no-fap
I wasn't referring to this conversation hence why I said "previous conversations".

>You jump on anyone who even mentions those sort of alt right groups in a negative light
Because nobody will explain to me what is so bad about fighting for men's rights? Are men not deserving of people who fight for their rights for some reason? Despite what people have been assuming, I'm quite ignorant of what "MRAs" actually to. Based on the acronym and some brief googling they just seem to be the male version of feminists.

>Then could somebody just not as easily say that feminism is a front for misandry?
Radical feminist, sure. Feminism as a concept grew in an era of great injustice and inequality, perhaps it is no longer relevant in western society but certainly inequality for men was never justified at any point in time in any area of the world outside of the field of parental rights.

>but certainly inequality for men was never justified at any point in time in any area of the world outside of the field of parental rights.
Wow, that's quite the claim. So you're saying that men never experience gender-based discrimination outside the sphere of parental rights?

>they just seem to be the male version of feminists.
And since you're critical of feminism surely logic would dictate you would be equally critical of the motivation and intention of such a group?

>And since you're critical of feminism
I think you've extrapolated my views on feminism a bit beyond what I've actually said. Feminism is far more prominent and accepted in society, so naturally I know considerably more about the movement and I am able to adopt an informed standpoint on it. MRAs are far less prominent and accepted, and I know almost nothing about them. Hence why I've been so curious as to why a couple of anons here hate them so much. Wouldn't it be unwise of me to form an opinion based on scant information?

>So you're saying that men never experience gender-based discrimination outside the sphere of parental rights?
On a broad scale? No. They still get paid more, hold more powerful positions, have the vast majority of political representation, have full autonomy over their bodies in all situations and are significantly less likely to be victims of sexual or domestic assault.
In what areas other than the rights of the father do you feel men are on balance discriminated against?

How does it feel knowing there are legit autistic people out there with girlfriends and have had sex more than you?

> They still get paid more
Maybe women should pursue higher paying jobs to reduce the aggregate gender wage gap (which I don't really see as an issue anyway).

>hold more powerful positions
That's something that is slowly changing. Things don't change overnight.

>have the vast majority of political representation
And gender quotas were a stupid "solution" to that problem.

>have full autonomy over their bodies in all situations
Abortion is a more complex issue than that.

> and are significantly less likely to be victims of sexual or domestic assault.
Yep, no issue with that one.

>In what areas other than the rights of the father do you feel men are on balance discriminated against?
Mental health is the big one. Divorce law and education are others. I'm not saying there are as many areas of discrimination as there are for women, but your dismissal of all but one of them is ignorant at best.

MRA aren't really a serious organisation you'd hear very much about in the mainstream. For all intents and purposes they're the latest effort from the far right to facade unpalatable motives behind the face of something somewhat legitimate. It's an especially useful guise for them since they can attack detractors as hypocrites for criticising what they show to be the other strand of feminism.
As with all of these things it's what's behind the mask that is the troubling part than the mask itself.

>having sex
It's like you want a disease.

dream gf

I regret ever mentioning MRA and MGTOW losers. thread = ruined

Good for them. Just being able minded and bodied doesn't entitle you to more sex or social acceptance if you happen to be a shitty person anyway.

Was legalising divorce a mistake lads?

>thread = ruined
Nothing some anime can't fix, don't worry.

>MRA aren't really a serious organisation you'd hear very much about in the mainstream
Maybe that's because only feminists are given airtime? Men's issues are hardly ever discussed in the mainstream media.

>For all intents and purposes they're the latest effort from the far right to facade unpalatable motives behind the face of something somewhat legitimate
Do you even have a shred of proof for such an audacious claim?

>As with all of these things it's what's behind the mask that is the troubling part than the mask itself.
The same thing could be said by me about feminism, but I won't because I tend to avoid making stupid statements like that.

Forgive me if I don't continue this conversation because it's clear that you hold strong biases against MRAs so I can't hope to get a reasonable answers or views from you.

Well I suggest you never bring them or your seemingly unfounded hatred of them up again.

MRA sad bastard. Go back to re-ddit

>Go back to re-ddit
That doesn't make any sense. Since when is Sup Forums associated with feminism? And subreddits such as /r/ireland are full of feminists for example.

>And gender quotas were a stupid "solution" to that problem.
No, but it's a difficult problem since the whole political system and canvassing structure is male favouring towards high confidence candidates who can shout and boast the loudest.
FF had no women in the second to last government, gender quotas is not a perfect solution but it has resulted in a more balanced parliament with more varied voices with people like Lisa Chambers being elected. Could you have imagined FF attempting to speak on the upcoming referendum with authority without having a single woman on their bench? Governance which isn't representative of the population isn't good news for anyone.

>MRA sad bastard
Seems familiar.

6'0 is a good height in Ireland?

Fuck off. We don't like BR's here.

>Do you even have a shred of proof for such an audacious claim?
Do you live under a rock? It's all they're known for.

>
Forgive me if I don't continue this conversation because it's clear that you hold strong biases against MRAs so I can't hope to get a reasonable answers or views from you.
Fair enough

>implying it wasn't your intention

Is this r9k?

Not sure, could be Sup Forums. It's not my image.

More than likely. Doubt you'd see that kind of autism elsewhere.

I have tell you about my Irish heritage?

Please tell us

No. Please don't. Nobody cares.

I dont have Irish heritage

I've never found the image to be inaccurate.

Quite the intellectual I see.

>Relying on /r9k/ copypasta to determine what a woman sounds like
Well done user

I'll stop trusting it the moment I find it to be inaccurate.

I can only imagine what you're like in real life. Christ.

You have no idea who you're speaking to and could never determine if it's accurate or not.

I don't tend to think about what random anons are like in real life. Doing so is only ever used for personal attacks which are childish.

A true gentlesir no doubt.

If you say so.

Thread is going well so far

Could we all just stop fighting over insignificant shit and talk about something nice?

Anything else we can talk about?

>pic
You watch that anime?

>Anything else we can talk about
Hear Leo is going on a trip to Hungary or something? Anyone got details?

Brazil

I think I'd like to be a train driver.

Yeah, being able to hold the country to ransom because you're not happy with your €500 euro Christmas gift voucher sounds fun.

>You watch that anime?
I'm 5 episodes in, liking it so far though it went surprisingly dark in the last episode so I'm not too sure what to expect from it yet.