Clapping at theatres?

What the fuck is with clapping in theatres now? Is it a thing?

I went and saw startrek, on the like 4th day, and at the end a bunch of people clapped.

Then I went and saw riff Trax a few months ago, and people clapped at the end of that too.

What the fuck? Next we are going to have to tip the usher

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a7ho3Bcl9fI
youtube.com/watch?v=ej0BtWslVL8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

be happy you're not this
youtube.com/watch?v=a7ho3Bcl9fI

I never clap in theater but belgians are known to clap for the captain after plane's landings

>having fun is not allowed

That's fucking bad too what the fuck

I only go to movies on Sunday morning now so I'm the only one there but the two times I break my rule there's a shit load of people no where to sit and fucking clapping

Yeah they're "known" for it

Do you really want to take so much effort to appear relevant? You're not relevant fuck off

reported to the FBI and NSA for un-American behavior.

>I only go to movies on Sunday morning now
user, you should be in church.

Clapping for a pre-recorded anything would be like thanking a parking spot for holding your car, or praising a door for staying closed. The only time I ever saw/heard someone clap for a movie was when I saw Ghostbusters (2016). Go figure.

You are probably the only country we could invade and win ...

Jesus Christ, be careful not to cut yourself on all that edge.

I do that on Saturday night so I'm the only one there too

Hipsters and idiot sheepleton do it.

Was dragged to Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter and both movies had autistic niggers in there clapping for 5 minutes straight after the movie.

Come on guys it wasn't the most compelling and heart touching thing that happened in your lives, let's just say they were good movies.

Almost every third world country does this, especially in South America.

People used to clap in theaters after every movie.

src
I'm 40.

Why are you so angry tooth paste brother

You know it's amazing we can all talk instantly, anyone in the world except China and North Korea. You should be happy about it. It's something to marvel don't you think?

What the fuck are those animal screams?

known to =/= known for

We are just nicer than you.

It's dumb old man

You people are dumb

hating Ameri-claps is anti-American

Then *

They also used to show a cartoon before movies.
You'd like a nice cartoon, wouldn't you?

owow
RIFF RAFF THE MOVIE!!!!

The only time I've clapped to a movie was for the final Lord of the Rings. The reason why I did is because there was one lady there who kept thinking the movie was over when it faded to black and started clapping, but then it kept going, then faded again, clapping, kept going. She kept trying so many times that everyone else in the theater clapped when it was truly over more out of pity for that woman than anything else.

Frankly, I'll take that over niggers yelling at the characters to look out, or idiots texting on their phone, lighting up the theater, or faggots who bring their fucking toddlers to an R rated movie, or retards throwing beer bottles on the ground.

Good idea.

gross.

Go to bed you old cunt

I don't follow.
Clapping for pilots is a holdover from back when flying and landing were actually difficult.

americlaps clap all the time.
They even clap at themself

Wow, that video quality is fucking terrible.

wtf you think belgium is something "international" for me? you drive 15 minutes and you're there

there were fucking Walloons again recently that tried to snatch our children, that is no joke
they're dirty and disgusting they should just go

oh and not to forget their primeminister who can't even sing their national anthem

Which is partially why I totally avoid going to the movie theater to see ANY marvel comic movie. The last two times I went I kept seeing screaming children and babies. And yes too much playing with the damn cell phones.

But I'm in America
. Aren't you happy to talk to rich white American?

What kind of cartoon ?

>Harry Potter
>clapping
Which film? None of them are great.

Give yourself a round of applause, Sven.

youtube.com/watch?v=ej0BtWslVL8
How ya livin?

Just as you clap for destruction SHIRLEY

Yeah, it's fucking obnoxious. I only go to the theater when other people invite me out with them, and even then it's mostly for movies I don't really care that much about. If it's a movie I'm actually interested in, I'm either perfectly content waiting for the BD or I'll go late Sunday/mid Monday. The movie theater experience is total trash unless you're the only one in the theater.

They are just happy to make it through without being shot..

>The reason why I did is because there was one lady there who kept thinking the movie was over when it faded to black and started clapping, but then it kept going, then faded again, clapping, kept going.
This was a definite problem of the movie, but if you're not stupid enough to clap, it's not a big deal.

The only time I've ever seen people clap at the movie theater was The Faggot Awakens.

Donald Duck and shit like that.

that looks like a good time to me

No it's not a worry there is a metal detector with a guy at it so you can't carry in the theatre

Which is fine by me, if you have a no guns sign, either enforce it or don't have it up

My local theatre enforces it so I leave my .357 in the car

Clapping after a movie in Finland would be considered insulting and making animal-like, loud noises with your hands or mouth is disrespectful towards fellow human-beings

Americans truly are the worst scum on earth

I have to be honest and agree, because in the last ten years all movie theater seats were replaced with lazy boy chair type seats, if you're the only one in the theater and you're watching the movie you want to watch, it feels like heaven.

Fuck you Finland your people are white and shit

Oh wait

Sorcerers Stone

>t. Somalian

I hate it when people laugh too. If there is a moment that is even remotely humorous, or supposed to be humorous, then there will always be a pack of retards in the theater that will force out a laugh. Just to let the other fucktards around them know that they got the joke I guess. I don't know. I don't understand monkey behavior.

People and their dumb noise take me out of the movie, so I try to go during the day and after the movie has already been out for a while.

>my autistic society does it this way and people that do it other ways are bad

>no loud noises
>no acknowledging anyone else's existence

Autism: the country

Yeah my theatre has this and so when my girl and I go and you can fucking relax and kick back feet straight up

I started bringing my own booze too and leave the bottle in the theatre just so they know I had a good time

You think thats bad? Blacks are notorious for talking during movies

>Complaining about people laughing at a comedy movie

Well, I suppose this would be understandable since it was at the height of the Potter fixation.

>riff Trax
that is a live event. ppl are allowed to clap. yes, it's not live in the theater but but if ppl are in the moment and enjoying themselves, let them clap.

thanks, i physically clapped. It gave me confidence

>watching a comedy movie
truly degenerate

Why the fuck do you care? Not politics.

There are black people in Canada?

We were not at the live event, we were at the live broadcast. It's like clapping after your live news from home what the fuck brother kill yourself

As long as they don't talk or cheer or whatever during the movie I don't care. I agree clapping should only be done for live performances to show gratitude for the performers and producers but you can't expect plebs to know theatre etiquette, so you shouldn't let yourself be bothered by them either.

It's more difficult than playing a movie but you clap over that nonetheless.

>not clapping for the person who took you from the earth to 30,000 feet altitude and back without loss of life or limb
>literally autistic

Many cucks clapped on planes that had a devastating accident after landing leading to fried cucks galore. You should only clap when the plane is safely parked. Only plebs clap when the wheels touch the ground.

Anyone have the image of victims not being able to hear the Batman shooting spree because of the clapping?

Do they have a designated poo aisle in the theater?

It's called the theater seat.