Any shows like twin peaks

Any shows like twin peaks

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rexgzYPPcZg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Desperate Housewives is similar in many ways. I know it may sound like i'm joking but it really does share many of the key elements: murder-mystery, soap-like elements, similar tone, character-centric, and hey even MacLachlan has a role in it too.

I don't think there is anything quite exactly like Twin Peaks though. Of course there are shows like X-Files, Fringe and True Detective (obviously among many others) which are close in description but in my opinion the one to really capture the same feeling closest to the show is Desperate Housewives.

Yeah. X-fikes in particular if you're really interested in the paranormal side of twin peaks

This show shares the same tone and wit as Twin Peaks, with better camera work and editing.

Millennium and Fringe too... maybe go way back for Dark Shadows

I know this an anime and not a tv show but this the closest thing to twin peaks

elaborate

The Killing although the vibe is way less comfy

The Days of Our Live.

All of them and none

Riverdale tries

The best show ever made has no equal, nothing like it, but you can find plenty of facisimiles of course

*facsimiles

Trying looking in here OP.

Adventure Time episodes storyboarded by Somvilay Xayaphone

Very comfy for an animated show

Riget. Similar blend of a dull tv-genre (in this case hospital dramas) with horror elements and general oddballity.

Watched the first episode of this yesterday just for shits, and was very pleasantly surprised to see Shelly Johnson herself on the show. I might actually have to keep watching it.

Fargo should fit the category.

Carnivale

Gilmore Girls

>western anime character done better any dumb jap has ever drawn

I saw a few episodes of Picket Fences years ago. Has supernatural shit going down in a small town and has police as central characters.

I've heard Northern Exposure is similar. Can anybody confirm?

Wild Palms
Eerie Indiana
Northern Exposure

were all trying to rip off Twin Peaks or aspects of it to varying degrees.

fucking this
it's a damn shame it was left in half

Steven Universe

You're a retarded weeaboo for thinking that and I actually thought the original tv series was pretty ok.

OP is asking about Twin Peaks, not The X Files.

Breaking Bad

Silent Hill video games give a Twin Peaks vibe at times. Not the movies.

Wild Palms is kind of similar, but it feels kind of like knock-off Cronenberg due to its technological themes. It's not great but it's pretty interesting and fun, especially the first episode.

ya

True Detective>>Twin Peaks

So bored wasting time watching Cooper's progressing autism, cringing at unfunny jokes and edgy, violent killing scenes, with that shitty live music at the end. Actually you can't even compare True Detective and Twin Peaks, the first one was absolutely mindblowing and super interesting to watch, while even old Twin Peaks is unbearble crap, 30yold igly permastoned lady playing a schoolgirl, fuck she's annoying af, the music theme is so bad, it felt old and pathetic back then, now it sounds like 70's shit.
I watched True Detective probably 10 times and it's perfect, real, the second one was dissapointing, too mainstream and cliched, the rest of the stuff like dark mirror, house, american horror, american gods and all that fake stuff is literally pukeworthy shit for middle class office rats that come home and need that load of shit to spice up their evenings, and get that fake behaviour pattern for the next day when they return to work, just like kids after watching some action movie, think this is real life.

Sadly that tree and the entire spot is taken down, there's a plain field instead right now.

This is the only good post in this thread

Desperate Housewives is the soap opera elements of Twin Peaks taken to the extreme

Beat me to it.
Only real answer

Not Twin Peaks: The return, that I could tell.

Wonderfalls
Picket Fences
Eerie, Indiana
Northern Exposure

(you)

extremely low IQ post

Not a TV show but is a direct ripoff

And its fucking great

"The Leftovers".

Riverdale is basically CW Twin Peaks fanfiction

Deadly Premonition is almost literally Twin Peaks the Game though.

No, alan wake is

you've got me hungry for a Sinner's Sandwich. Time to jam.

youtube.com/watch?v=rexgzYPPcZg

Is it really though?
If I liked one, would I like the other one too?

Ummm this is like twin peaks

best show

I don't think it ever got as bad as twin peaks did once they basically removed the murder-mystery aspect. Ben was great during that period though.

>Northern Exposure
It's not. Still a great show though.

Is Wayward Pines like TP?

Glib facisimiles.