/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

>pastebin.com/dQ4VEADX

previous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IGUboLZx3Tk
youtube.com/watch?v=1-BDU-TvlTg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

reminder that this is the EXACT MOMENT s2 turned into unwatchable garbage. Notice anything?

FUCK MISSOULA YOU MONTANAFUCKER

Reminder that the description of the next episode is "There's a body all right".

joe rogan

Tree.

Idk I get the feeling like this is David Lynchs alien Covenant

Daily reminder that Cooper is still stuck in an alternate dimension, albeit a higher level one than MIKE is in. (MIKE is looking up at Cooper both times he has contacted him)

This is why he'd drawing stairs on the case files. He still needs to go up a level.

This season's score is fucking amazing. The little cues of music almost bring tears to my eyes

my dead dad use to love the twin peaks music, he even owned the cassettes[/spoiler[

>i will never be this autistically dedicated about anything

youtube.com/watch?v=IGUboLZx3Tk

Best song?

in b4 "omg is that midget joe rogan" joke

>yfw Annie saves Coop from the Spike

the angelo music specifically or the julee cruise stuff?

Why would you lie about your dad being dead

Christ, why did laugh so hard at this part.

fucking chad reeeeeee

>first time on /tpg/ after watching ep 6
>Someone refers to the midget as Vin Diesel
>makes me laugh
>Someone else refers to him as Joe Rogan
>I don't laugh
>He is referred as Joe Rogan 50 times after that
>mfw

Best song.
>b-but windswe-
"No!"

Because you're an autistic edgelord.

autism

I wonder how the actor prepared to play such a scum on screen?

YOURE GOING BACK TO MISSOULA!

MEMETANA

Both, I think all the music is just really great

I'm not lying, he died when I was 6.

reminder that this is the EXACT MOMENT /tpg/ turned into unbrowsable garbage. Notice anything?

Not the whole scene, just the trucker part. I don't think a facepalm was a very fitting reaction to the situation.

Richard is the key. It all comes together.

BOTSWANA

POST SOME SHERILYN FENN

More lies

They showed the plate in one scene.

Was it the same truck?

judy?

Mr Shit.. The Jody.. is coming out of my ass.

Of course not.

>that resume scene where the kid gets yelled at
>pause to look at the kids "lazy" resume
>it looks almost exactly like mine, very plain
I thought you weren't supposed to go overboard designing these things. Fuck now I'm nervous.

Screenshots?

t. roastie

>I thought you weren't supposed to go overboard designing these things.
you're not, i'm pretty sure mike was referring to the content of the resume and not its formatting

>tfw I think I was the first person to post telling someone to make this image
It's everything I thought it would be.

Did Lynch always know it was Leland that killled her,

Leland didn't kill anybody.

>thinking bob is real
oh you poor soul
LYNCHED

Apparently around the time right before the reveal episode aired he met with Wise and told him "You did it, Leland. It was always you" or something liek that which is a really strange way to put it but this is Lynch.

Do you think she wants him to pee in her mouth?

Bob literally is real though. Leland was half responsible for the murder of his daughter and subsequent rape. This is explored in FWWM. He willfully turns on the ceiling fan which spirits travel through electricity in the series. He wants to do these things, but also knows the terrible nature of his desires so he calls upon Bob to allow him to do what he truly wants by proxy.

Bob is real, the spirits are real. All the supernatural elements are very real in the show.

So basically, my general sense of what's going on with the story as a whole is that murder, corruption, and violence are out of control in the world of Twin Peaks due to the influence of the Black Lodge, which has been an unchecked force of mayhem and chaos ever since Cooper got trapped there and the Doppleganger began to wander the Earth. The violence, corruption, and murder serves as a way for Black Lodge spirits to consume garmonbozia. Cooper, as a force of pure good, has been sent back to Earth in order to correct the balance between good and evil, but his wires are crossed and he's basically a shell of a person who has limited guidance from the supernatural forces that sent him back to Earth.

Am I missing anything?

Evil Coop is using the billionare from mullholand drive to try and stop coop. Initially he used his funds to create the glass box so at the exact moment that the entity in the glass box appears, Coop would appear there and immediately get murdered. Thus Bob would not have to return to the lodge.

The eyeless lady stops this though and he is saved yet again and replaced with dougie, which was also a contingency plan created by Bob in case his plan failed. He is with dougie now and with this information had sent assassins hired by lorraine to kill Coop. She did not kill him in the allotted time so he kills her and this connection is confirmed with the billionare and the envelope.

This means that Coop is now in danger because he knows that the other spirits of the lodge are trying to bring Bob back. Why? Because he has not returned in a long time denying Mike and the man from another place's gargambozia.

This to me is definitely what is happening.

Thoughts?

youtube.com/watch?v=1-BDU-TvlTg

Yes, the black lodge causes bikers to turn into hipsters. It's fucking evil.

Original

Think about the nature of the citizens, twin peaks is no longer warm anymore and electricity can be heard surging constantly throughout the episodes. The drug trade is worse, the bang bang bar is not a relaxing place anymore where denizens go to hang out, it's more of a drug ring where young people go to get high. When the child is run over the townsfolk seem to care, but not enough to elicit a strong emotional response considering how a kid was just ran over.

Something dark is happening to twin peaks and it is due to the black lodge's influence and Bob refusing to return to it after all this time. Therefore Mike and the arm are consuming garbambozia from the actual town and are corrupting the very fabric of it's existence.

I'm thinking that was the intention

The bystander reactions were very stiff, on purpose I believe. One user described one of the on-lookers as thinking how he's going to tweet about this later which convinced me that Lynch is critiquing social media coverage of tragic events or at the very least the bystander effect

Everybody wants something from Dougie. My baby is first in line.

>When the child is run over the townsfolk seem to care, but not enough to elicit a strong emotional response considering how a kid was just ran over.

Yeah, compare this to how everyone reacted to the Laura Palmer murder. The police weren't even shown to be involved or informed about the kid getting run over.

Exactly, when Laura died it was a strong sadness that enveloped the town, everyone felt the loss of her even if they didn't know her that well. In the old twin peaks people would literally be crying while Baldamenti's music intensifies the emotions of the citizens.

I'm so conflicted, is he /ourguy/ or not?

I hope this nigga gets him

tfw he's gonna get hawk too FUCK

Replying to you again, also at the end the police are called when the lady says "911 what's your emergency." I'm not sure of the actual timeframe that passed between these scenes but it seems that it took at least 20-30 minutes for anyone to actually alert the authorities of the hit and run.

fuck off chad

Did that midget kill that substitute teacher in the season premiere too?

>The drug trade is worse, the bang bang bar is not a relaxing place anymore where denizens go to hang out, it's more of a drug ring where young people go to get high
he didn't see fwwm

Yeah, and in this season we're explicitly reminded of that when Deputy Bobby sees Laura's picture. He goes into full on melodramatic sadness, but everybody around him is just awkward and stilted.

Right before the scene with the kid in the street ends you hear sirens. I wasn't even thinking the call at the end was about the kid getting hit but if it was then that scene was back in time a bit and not after the hit and run.

I didn't even think the town they were in was Twin Peaks or was anywhere near it considering it's near the trailer park, which while I don't think like others that it's in Oregon, isn't really near Twin Peaks.

I did see it, but that aspect was also hidden, it lurked beneath the surface of the all american town of twin peaks. It's more overt here, it's always present. Now the goodness of twin peaks is subverted and the opposite is true. The darkness is the encompassing force while goodness is beneath the surface.

Stolen from Reddit

why are sonny jim's scenes reversed?

because it was shit. How could anybody take it seriously?

This is also true, my bad. The electrical pole is the same from the town in the beginning of FWWM. Near where Desmond disappears.

>plebeians pushing the meme that any of S2 is bad when even during the James subplots it's better than anything on television right now
>posting this in every thread

fuck no. can't wait to see that guy die a horrible, undignified death.

It was intentional.

>b-but g-guys... it was intentionally bad

That would be too obvious and plebeian for Lynch, expect him to become the hero of the show.

Also, the Twin Peaks Sheriff's Dept. is portrayed way differently than it was originally. Robert Forster is an old man who's in charge of a large modernized department and he doesn't seem to be particularly with the times. There's corruption on the police force, as well as assholes like Chad running around. The two policemen from the original run who are still around are both isolated from the rest of the department. Kimmy can't handle modern technology.

Maybe a major theme this season is an association of the modernization of the town of Twin Peaks with its descent into open corruption and violence? That was like the seedy underbelly of the old Twin Peaks, but it seems like it's much more blatant in the modern day.

read

Is Jay Bauman /ourguy/?

I prefer him over Mike at this point.

Sorry, meant Lucy. Kimmy Robertson is the actress.

What episode did u realize you were an Audreyfag

>Kimmy

Who the fuck is Jimmy? Do you mean Lucy you fucking bandwagoning sack of shit? Stop pretending you know a fucking thing about this show, you watched season 1 and skipped half of season 2 on Netflix 3 days ago and now think you can watch season 3. Fuck off, moron

>the town is getting darker
>shitty actors reacting to a cheesy death

good connection

wtf I love reddit letter media now
Wht does he work with a capeshit loving pleb anyway?

>chip
>phone
>having a

It's intentional again, Lynch always has a reason for what's on screen. Those townspeople weren't even shocked, just mildly annoyed almost what just happened. In the old twin peaks people would be crying on the street. Noone even goes to help him.

Hey man, I corrected myself. Please forgive me for saying the first name of the actress instead of the name of the character. It's late.

It's gonna be Shaggy.

Jesus fucking Christ
>muh sekret club

Lynch doesn't necessarily have the happiest endings, but he definitely has a soft spot for decent people, and maybe a fascination with scumbags, but he doesn't like scumbags and fucks their shit up often.

This guy may not come to a predictable demise that such depiction of a character like him would usually suggest, but he's never going to be made to be someone you're supposed to like.

He's obviously being made to be probably the least likeable character on the series, even for Lynch's standards.

Why would you lie about your dad being alive?

>proceeds to pull out International Space Station sized phone to call about Chip

I stopped being an Audreyfag when Lynch didn't put her in any of the first 6 episodes of the new season. If Lynch doesn't care about her then neither do I.