TV/Online show pitch

I have this idea where the first few episodes are relatively calm and it's just to get the characters familiar. But after awhile, things start to happen and the focus for half each episode shifts to the main character (First person) and you get to witness how fucked up the antagonist is, but after awhile you start to sympathize with him a little. But not fully. Because he's fucked up.
>tl;dr I wanna get a 17+ show pitched somewhere
>What channel or service should I consider?
>Can I get an agent for relatively cheap?

Feel free to ask questions

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/site/tvwriting/us-drama/pilot-scripts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sounds boring

I would give more details, but obviously more details means it's easier for someone to steal

>wahhhh people might steal my ideas
What is the point of this thread? And dude no one cares about your shitty ideas .

>Wahhhh, I can't pitch op's super cool idea to Fox because he won't say anything
Why are you still alive?

>paying for media

I mean, doesn't everybody pay for media, consumers and creators?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

retard

I'm not wrong. You pay for internet or you pay for cable. You pay for crew members or prop pieces.

Just admit I'm smarter than you, and I'm better than you in every way

That's not an idea.

>I have this idea where the first few episodes are relatively calm and it's just to get the characters familiar.
doesn't work like that. read any successful pilot script
sites.google.com/site/tvwriting/us-drama/pilot-scripts

Real talk here, to this day I don't understand why an Elvis biopic hasn't been made yet. That shit could be a huge hit, just see how much popularity that guy still has on a global scale, and it is not as if there wasn't enough drama in his life

yes, goyim, paaaay for shit

Bojack Horseman had terrible first episodes, but now it's widely considered to be one of the greatest shows out there. Steven Universe had a whole SEASON of okay to bad episodes, but now it's known to teach important life lessons like acceptance of LGBT and forgiveness

Do you not pay for agents? Sorry, I'm a first-timer but I have confidence in my project

They just made one like two years ago. Granted it was mostly focused on his years working as an undercover DEA agent but it was pretty good nonetheless.

>widely considered to be one of the greatest shows out there
wew lad

I mean, if you give Bojack a chance, you'll consider it as such. I personally don't like Rick and Morty, but I gave it a chance (first 10 episodes)

>steven universe
>acceptance of LGBT

You know, I've been watching the show from day one, I'm such a big fan I practically grew a vagina watching it, and to this day I still haven't seen any sort of LGBT message in the show, despite everyone acting like it's tumblr the show. Yeah the show is all about space lesbians but they're aliens and the 'lesbian' aspect is never even given attention. I don't even think there are even any human LGBTBBQ characters in the whole cast come to think of it except maybe Lars because he isn't giving Sadie the dick she so desperately craves.

I understand where you're coming from especially with Lars, he especially deserves it now after his redemption arc

So what is the idea again? That's about the vaguest pitch I've ever read.

Oh you're one of those guys. Yeah you DEFINITELY sound like you're ready to produce a series for a major network. Here, I'll give you some of my emmy-winning ideas on the house if you share yours:

>A WWII era mockumentary sitcom that follows two spoiled, incompitent nazi brothers as they try to round up jews for the holocaust and fail at every turn.
>A sci-fi crime thriller set in a dystopian future where there is no central police force, but rather a socialized network of volunteers that police each other and enforce abstract laws that are rewritten every week. The story follows a volunteer officer being hunted down for bogus crimes that were outlawed moments after he committed them.
>A young, nerdy outcast who's just trying to pay his way through college gets his world turned upside down when he finds a guitar case filled with tens of thousands of tabs of LSD.

There, you can have those for free faggot. What's your shitty idea?

The problem is, my idea can actually go places. Sorry

Look, you're all missing the point. How do I get my idea pitched to the higher ups? Do I need an agent, should I just walk right into their headquarters? Should I kickstart this before hand?

You should probably, you know, write it before you even think about getting an agent or trying to raise money. And then when you're done writing it, re-write it about four times. Then bring it to some sort of writer's meetup and discuss it and get some notes, so you can rewrite it a few more times. At that point you'll finally reach square one and be on the same level as the millions of other writers competing to have their pilots produced.

If all you have is an idea then you are woefully ill prepared to start.

Aaand that's exactly my point, I've actually written pilots for those and put a lot of work into developing them, but since they're not your ideas you have no interest in stealing them.

Oh and I've already done the storyboarding and casting for the nazi sitcom, so I'm pretty sure that one is going further than your vague idea so far champ.

My series idea was always a miniseries with 6 to 12 episodes about a soldier in ww1 doing various high risk assignments but pulls through. During the end it would get more and more obvious he is hitler.
No bully please

>A WWII era mockumentary sitcom that follows two spoiled, incompitent nazi brothers as they try to round up jews for the holocaust and fail at every turn.

yea you pay for internet, but thats not how it works. Your ISPs isnt splitting up the money you pay them with all the media companies / producers

He hasn't seen entourage

lol you're a fucking faggot

you got my (you) though good job

>a series with the sole intent of tricking people into liking Hitler
kek, problem is thats going to be the most interesting thing about it so the spoilers will be impossible to contain.

Honestly I'd watch any series about WW1, even without the Hitler twist, that war is just an untapoed goldmine of potential stories.

No one talks about it anymore dingbat. Rick and Morty stole all of its thunder and once the next animated cartoon marketed toward high school and college age neets comes around same thing will happen again. Neither of those shows are going to ever be considered "great" and certainly not "one of the greatest shows around"

Computer hacker and an ex-military type team up to solve crime

I have an idea too:
>Lawyers series, like Suits or Good Wife.
>Call It "Devil's Advocate"
>It's about a Demon/Angel/Whatever who literally is the lawyer of peopel that are judged for hell or heaven

I always had the idea of doing a sitcom, just plain and simple, for like 3 seasons. Then a terrible down right disgusting thing happens.

Imagine that 70's show where in season 4 Kitty get brutally raped and beaten halfway to death. And they showed all of it. Then the show just takes a turn for the worst.

Or imagine Friends, and on his way home Ross gets mugged and brutally stabbed in the face multiple times and bleeds out in the street with Joey holding him in his arms.

After these episodes no more laugh track. Then as time progresses, it goes back to normal.

do you really think that you have a chance, or that anyone on Sup Forums could help you? you need credit, experience, and probably to know someone.

Honestly, I would enjoy this to a degree. i wish there was more real drama in comedy series, but maybe not as drastic as you propose. That would never fly with the producers anyways

>watching childrens cartoons as an adult

Should have said doubles advocate desu

the guys ideas are better than yours

Basically a comedy-drama with a laugh track

you should probably do at least the bare minimum amount of work and then contact some small studio, maybe one associated with a show you like on netflix.

No, a comedy drama is advertised as having some laughs, and some drama.

A sitcom is advertised as a comedy. There is no threat of death in a sitcom, a dramedy, maybe.

This would have a laugh track, the multicam set up, the same look, the pacing, the schmultzy plot lines, until late in the game a terrible thing happens, then the laugh track stops, the jokes stop, and the happy plot lines stop.