Would this count as fridging?

Would this count as fridging?

It's only fridging when a female character dies.

Men can't be ra- I mean- fridged.

Yes, it counts as fridging. He only died to serve as motivation for his significant others.

Fridging is when the death of a loved one is used as 'character development'.

This is is just your average "This event is really serious guys! Look, someone died! That's how you can tell it's super serious!" bullshit.

WE

this guys right its actually way worse than fridging.

even for a comic event, civil war ii just seems like a bunch of shit that's loosely strung together.

WUZ

No, but this does.

it seems like a very big coincidence that both Civil Wars had black heroes die.

But what bothers me more is when they turned Bishop into the worst genocidal maniac in Marvel history.

Yeah, that pissed me off. She was a good character and had had a lot of build up and development. The way that series ended her just felt so abrupt.

KANGZ

This meme will never not be terrible

>War Machine dies.
andnothingofvaluewaslost.jpg

t. Alberto Barbosa

Women get fridged, when it's a minority it's called minorities in matchboxes

and yes

Her and War Machine were dating?

Yeah, since the first issue of KSD's second volume of Captain Marvel. So for about 3 years now.

so weird how no one did anything with their relationship, and i like that volume of KSD Capt

funny how the most they did with it was in that au carol book during secret wars

That's because it is a bunch of shit that is loosely strung together.

The only reason it's called Civil War 2 is because they literally couldn't think of a good name and just decided to call it that.

I tolerate it when Kang the Conqueror is involved

The worst part to me is that War Machine's death actually has NOTHING to do with what the debate of Civil War II is supposed to be about.
He didn't die trying to arrest someone for a crime he didn't commit, he died fighting fucking Thanos because someone gave intel that he was attacking Project Pegasus.
And yet Tony treats it like it's a horrible terrible thing and they shouldn't have gone at all because "changing the future is bad"?

It's Bendis, dude, he has very little skill with storylines.