Be a kid

>Be a kid
>Watch Little Nicky
>Love it
>Talk with friends at school about how great it was and they agree
>Used to think that because they played it on TV so many times, it was considered a comedy classic
>Instead, even most Adam Sandler fans hate it

Has anyone ever been tricked about a movies popularity?

I have liked it too

classic example

Little Nicky is hilarious.

true Sandler-kino

Little Nicky was the ultimate pleb filter

im 28 and i still like it

>RELEASE THE INNER NIGGER
>demons start eating popeyes

Whoa. How did Sandler get away with this?

this movie is utter trash honestly

>Little Nicky
>666 the number of the beast starts playing

POPEYES CHICKEN IS FUCKING AWESOME

I hated this movie for having such explicit popeyes advertising when THERES NO POPEYES OUTSIDE THE US fucking idiots

P L E B
I
L
T
E
R
E
D

Something about the movies depiction of hell disturbed me as a kid, probably due to the punishments being rape

I loved a lot of movies as a kid that I grew up to find out that most general audiences hated.
>Ghostbusters II
>Waterworld
>Super Mario Bros.
>Hook
This is what happens when there is no internet, and you can't quickly assimilate the opinions of your peers. Now I just hate whatever RT tells me to hate.

Yeah, it is pretty stupid of them to advertise for an American product in a American film that takes place in America. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking.

Is it just me or does he look like that Lostprophets singer that raped a baby in this movie?

>I'm from the south. The DEEP south, heh heh heh

There is in Canada.

you're the one liking adam sandler movies here

I understand, OP. Same thing when I was a kid except it was Star Wars. What a pile of shit this franchise is, but it tricks normies and kids into lining Disney's pockets even more.

Was pretty sexual what did Sandler mean by this?

Also was there really a Deleted Scene of Nicky getting hit in the face with shovel? I swear to god I saw a commercial and it was in it but I never found it and I feel like a mandala effect has occurred that I'm noticing.

I liked it too, but definitely on the lower tier of Adam Sandler's works

>I COMMAND YOU, IN THE NAME OF LUCIFER TO SPREAD THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT

real talk, was Sandler pre 2000 bad? or just another hate meme

CAN I WINKY IN YOUR KITCHEN SINKY

But all those movies are great sure Waterworld was a flop but it's very aestichly pleasing. Ghosbusters 2 I have no idea though I never watched it

>RT
you might be a commie, user

Oh my god, CHICAGO KICKS ASS

People hate Hook? I loved it.

At least back then his shit didn't seem so stale.
His jokes are basically the same in every movie with advertising in between

there's nothing wrong liking Sandler films. Here are my top Adam Sandler movies

50 First Dates
Punch Drunk Love
The Wedding Singer
The Water Boy
Anger Management

Why would Satan need a heir?

Just depends if you like his comedy I guess. I feel his 90's movies are all pretty good and there all better then Little Nicky. If you don't like his comedy I'm not sure you gonna start to though watching any of his movies.

>mfw unironically enjoying rob schneider movies

This movie made me fall in love with Chicago's "Saturday in the Park"

There was a shovel hitting scene in the movie. I think one of his brother did it

The ending with them crashing Led Zeppelin's plane after stocking it with Beer and Chicks but no pilot is pretty great. I get the David Spade and Schneider hate but those two usually play alright characters.

I didn't know people hated Ghostbusters 2 until about a few years ago. Like I didn't think it was great, but I'm not a huge Ghostbusters fan or anything. I just assumed they were both generally considered to be classics. I haven't seen Ghostbusters 2 since I was a kid though so it very well could suck.

only one i liked is Deuce Bigelow 1. 2 was a massive drop in quality

I don't think you understand how product placement works

>tfw as a kid you watched The Animal
>now it's just a horrible cringe fest

Deuce Bigalow is pure kino

Deuce Bigalow is a classic the second maybe not so much. I even watched that one where he's getting sent to prison so he has his wife fuck him with a strap-on. Also David Carradine is in it

>THE DEVIL IS ABOVE US! AND I CAN SMELL AN EVIL SLUT!

I remember for quite a while, people considered it Spielberg' worst movie.
>Waterworld was a flop but it's very aestichly pleasing
It was a good movie, too. Lots of action, a touch of camp. Dennis Hopper was on fucking point. Great concept, too. I think Waterworld was one of the first cases of an audience being overhyped or having different expectations. But yeah, the sets and shit were off the chain.
>Ghostbusters 2 I have no idea though I never watched it
If you like the first, you may as well. It's not quite as charming, but it's got great ideas and the humor is pretty good. I always liked it, but then I found the internet and there were swathes of people who treated it like a stain on the franchise's name. It recently started to draw fire from feminists who were grasping at straws to justify the shitty 2016 remake by saying that Ghostbusters 2 had already ruined the franchise.

I actually like it more now than I did as a kid. Dana Carvey as the ref was pretty funny.

Billy Madison is pure kino

That's Big Stan and it's pretty much his best movie.

The Hot Chick is so fucking funny and Rob Schneider actually does a great job in that role I don't give a fuck what anybody says.

I used to find the hot chick hilarious desu

pls no hate ;___;

The answer is a blender

>not even his good movies before they went to absolute shit
What the fuck is wrong with you?

excuse me?

I watched the movie a bunch as a kid and I think I always just assumed Popeye's Chicken was a fictional franchise for the product placement jokes.

you heard me

No Billy Madison? No Happy Gilmore? Most of the movies you listed were after his movies went to complete shit.

I used to love Batman and Robin as a kid.

I thought the new ghostbusters movie was pretty good. Then a few months after watching it I look it up and everyone hates it.

Yeah lets pay fuckloads to have our product heavily promoted in an internationally screened movie where half the people who see it can't buy the product

International market wasn't remotely a concern when this came out. I'm not sure if the international market is ever really a consideration for adult comedies now, since humor translates so poorly across languages.

>American movies should pander to my shit country

I am American, dumbass. There's a reason The Mermaid didn't make money hand over fist in the US, or any other English-speaking country like it did in China - no one wants to back or market something like that, because humor doesn't translate.

Exact same thing happened to me, me and my friend fucking loved that movie, thought it was a classic as well, then a few years ago I found out everybody thinks it's shit.

Over time though I realized that the vast majority of people are just brainless followers. If something catches on somehow, a "popular opinion", it spreads like wildfire because everybody wants to be included, everyone wants to be one of the "cool kids"

I sincerely believe that the majority of movies, songs, anything, that it is "popular" or "cool" to hate on, most people actually enjoy to some degree and just don't want to be mocked so they act like they hate them.

Honestly, the internet is what made this problem 100 times worse. But I don't give a fuck what a bunch of brainless follower faggots say, I love Little Nicky. I love listening to Creed. I probably enjoy most of the shit people think it's cool to hate on, because I can think for myself.

There's a Popeye's in Canadia, in Toronto. Ya lil bish.

Movie is terrible then. I realized it when I was about 11 and that was the end of Sandler fun for me. Really terrible, considering Big Daddy and The Wedding Singer were pretty comfy too.

I only really liked his more "dramatic" roles Punch Drunk Love, And Reign Over Me all kino. The latter giving me a thing for emotionally distraught guys

>tfw you found out that Rob Schneider is are guy

Waterworld is generally beloved and considered a cult classic. It just didn't do well at the box office

So why am I a dumbass? I never said you're not American, sweetie

I thought it was a boring version of Mad max.

HENRY WINKLER!!
Hi everybody!
COVERED IN BEES!!!

Happy Gilmore is one of the best comedies of all time

The Wedding Singer is also great

Plebs listen to reviewers and rotten scores and IMDB and shit

Patricians form their own taste unapologetically

Adam Sandler has made some ironically kino movies, pic very much related

Punch Drunk Love is possibly PTAs best movie. Not even memeing.

Its short amazingly well filmed, has great color, acting, simple and effective story and writing etc.

It has no fucking flaws.

I was not a fan of little Nicky, but at least Sandler was clearly still enjoying making movies. He's actually smiling and not just making this same "tired of life" face he makes all the time.

I swear to god, had he played it straight, without the face contortion, lisp and limp, It would have been a good film.

Putting it on my to watch list. I watched it the last time when I was like 14 and didn't really like it, expecting it to be a typical Adam Sandler flick, being the pleb I was.

Little Nicky and Zohan are trashy Sandler kino.

> WE MAN-WHOOERS

Saw this in the cinema with my buddy and his gf. She laughed when I cracked a joke and he stormed out in a jealous rage. Hes still a humourless autist.

Great movie.

I feel the opposite about The Water Boy, everyone loves it and I can't stand it

The Leslie Nielsen movies that aren't made by Zucker like Wrongfully Accused and Spy Hard. Thought everyone liked them but it turned out that critics and audiences universally hate them.