Trump just said that windturbines kill all the birds

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHHA

>Source
thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/290093-trump-wind-power-kills-all-your-birds

Other urls found in this thread:

papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2198024
treehugger.com/renewable-energy/north-america-wind-turbines-kill-around-300000-birds-annually-house-cats-around-3000000000.html
youtube.com/watch?v=na6HxKQQsAM
extremetech.com/extreme/188328-californias-new-solar-power-plant-is-actually-a-death-ray-thats-incinerating-birds-mid-flight
smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/how-many-birds-do-wind-turbines-really-kill-180948154/?no-ist
flap.org/faqs.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

actually hes right

>And honestly, it’s not working so good. I know a lot about solar. I love solar. But the payback is what, 18 years? Oh great, let me do it. Eighteen years,” he said, turning to wind power. “The wind kills all your birds. All your birds, killed. You know, the environmentalists never talk about that.”

Are there actually people voting for this retard?

Finns are about as bad as leafs at this point with the shitposts

1. Leafs
2. Finns
3. Germans
4. Roaches
5. Beaners
6. Aussies

No specific order though

Trump confirmed Hillary plant

>wind farms are responsible for roughly 0.27 avian fatalities per gigawatt-hour (GWh) of electricity while nuclear power plants involve 0.6 fatalities per GWh and fossil-fueled power stations are responsible for about 9.4 fatalities per GWh. Within the uncertainties of the data used, the estimate means that wind farm-related avian fatalities equated to approximately 46,000 birds in the United States in 2009, but nuclear power plants killed about 460,000 and fossil-fueled power plants 24 million.

>source
papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2198024

If you would have listened he said that about a year ago.

They have a permit out in Cali or somewhere where they can kill up to 150 Bald Eagles a year with the wind turbines with some shitty permit the government gave them

TOTALLY ILLEGAL TO KILL BALD EAGLES.

Tell me again how a coal plant directly kills a bird

He's going to stump himself isn't he?

treehugger.com/renewable-energy/north-america-wind-turbines-kill-around-300000-birds-annually-house-cats-around-3000000000.html

> numbers

But more seriously Trump's just repeating a fairly common meme about wind power by people looking for reasons to shoot it down.

I don't even know if it's intentional (like, he knows it's bullshit but repeats it anyway) or if he legit doesn't know that the "bird killer" argument is just a pro-oil standby.

They do.

t. Used to work for a wind turbine manufacturing firm.

Its true. On top of that wind power is fucking retarded and uneconomic without state subsidiaries.

It's true that birds die on wind turbines. They also die flying into buildings, power lines, cats. Billions of birds die every year due to man made structures, compared to the few hundred thousand specifically attributed to wind turbines.

No one says turbines don't kill birds, but to use that as a fact to counter the use of wind turbines is extremely ignorant. And Trump is fucking retarded

the Green party in Belgium uses this argument.
I'm not even kidding you they say that we can't just build windmills because of the birds

Or you could just admit that pretty much every form of power generation has some trade off.

This is true.

I grew up in the glorious high deserts of Commiefornia, we've got a bunch if those wind turbines on the mountains around us.

They kill birds and when they break down they literally just sit there and rot, these memes end up costing the state more money than what they put back into it.

only answer is GEO THERMAL ENERGY

youtube.com/watch?v=na6HxKQQsAM

Happens all the time you Mongolian rape baby

CONSERVATARDS ARE GONA VOTE THIS HAHAHAHAHAHA

>doing math question on plane
>sir i think that white man over there is a terrorist

He's just saying wind turbines are fucking shit and a waste of resources. Leftists are admittedly against nuclear energy because they associated it with nuclear bombs.

loool

I mean, he could say that the output is not easilly storable and maintenance costs are high, but no. The birds... lool

nuff said

It all makes sense now. The only one who can stump trump is trump.
It's like the weakness of his stand. Really makes you think....

>Wind turbines kill birds
COAL KILLS MORE
>Yeah, but I said wind turbine kills birds
BUT COAL KILLS MORE YOU'RE WRONG
>Hang on, I specifically mean the wind turbines
YEAH BUT IT'S NOT THE MOST I'M RIGHT

Wind turbines do kill birds though.

I don't see anything wrong with this.

Scenario 1:
You can't expect a person to know everything ever, thats why he has advisors when hes president.
Scenario 2:
He just said it to get treehuggers of his back, wind turbines are really ineffective without gov subsidies, and fuck that.
Scenario 3:
Hes a self made billionaire thats the president of the most powerful nation on the planet. But i'm totally smarter, hes a drooling retard!

Pls vote

That means we can't build anything because most man made structures kill birds.

They don't kill 'all the birds', are you retarded? They don't even kill the majority of birds.

>For fossil-fueled power stations, the most significant fatalities come from climate change
Into the trash it goes.

>What is hyperbole

too bad your putting the turbines in windy areas, where migratory birds fly through.

you essentially set up a blender based obstacle coarse for the birds on the equivalent of their major highways.

not that you care, you are not even finnish.

Wind turbines are loud, eyesores, inefficient when not located in wind corridors or at sufficient altitudes, extremely expensive, and do in fact kill avian wildlife. The numbers for this are often skewed (in either direction) by adjusting the diameter of the kill radius. By making the radius small enough, you can suggest that there is no statistically significant effect by wind turbines, and can do the opposite if you make it big enough.

Thats the thing the kike isn't telling you. Muh global warming is most likely the "cause" of these fictional bird deaths.

But it's not even a legit tradeoff. Want to talk about problems with wind turbines? There's noise, annoying red lights so aircraft avoid them, limited lifetime before they have to be replaced, their footprint can waste good farmland.

There are real tradeoffs, but given that turbines kill fewer birds by several orders of magnitude than house cats, "bird killing" isn't even on the list.

>Finns are actually this retarded.
I'm starting to think you people are worse then Sweden at this point.

Man who gives a shit? Birds suck, they're loud and they shit everywhere. Kill them all.

wind power is fucking useless. US government gives subsidies to shitty massachussetts-based companies who build faulty turbines in hawaii then end up catching fire after a month. waste of money, waste of time, waste of science.

woah but i guess im voting for hillary now because dude birds lmao

Its a appeal to emotion, nothing else really works with people for green energy

He is right though, there are laws regarding the placement of wind turbines in proximity to endangered birds habitats.

>Snow nigger logic

You dont care about birds?

Pretty much this.

They do kill birds you dumb fuck

You seriously think he's not 100% right? that'd make you the retard here, friend

I haven't even seen too many bad Swedeposters. Its just fingolians and FUCKING LEAFS that shit everything up

Trump is a cretin, this is why in democracy he impresses so many people. But he's better for the american christians than Hillary

>using raw numbers when there's far more nuclear and coal than wind power

kill me now

Pic rel is typical retarded Finn

They're are more and more of these going up, how about talking about how their trying to disrupt the worlds axle from a propellor affect?

They do.

If I'm flying my RC airplane outside and I kill a bald eagle, I could be fined up the ass and even go to prison.

Yet wind turbines kill these birds with impunity and the feds don't care.

It's complete horse shit.

Wind turbines are above the law and therefore need to be ripped down.

They're the Hillary Clinton of power generation.

Only a true mongrel would laugh at him for this. That wind and solar plants kill wildlife and in particular birds is well known and not disputable.

We did it lads!!!!11elf
Top 6

Coal is shit tier, everything breaths it in and gets sick. Nuclear is safer.

Everything about coal from getting the coal to processing it just gets everything involved saturated in shit.

What dimension of chess is it now? Is it possible that he is just a retard?

Actually, solar towers kill birds too. With fire...

extremetech.com/extreme/188328-californias-new-solar-power-plant-is-actually-a-death-ray-thats-incinerating-birds-mid-flight

>being this retarded
Read the post again

Try reading the thread next time to avoid future embarrassment

are you mentally retarded?

Finns are the niggers of the Finno-Ugric race.

Try having a non-retard as your nominee next time to avoid embarassment.

I live in Iowa, USA... wind farms everywhere... Trump is 100% right about this.

There are members of PETA who are actually fully opposed to wind energy because these things are bird killers, lol.

>Finnland cannot into hyperbole.

Here in Oklahoma it disrupts entire native bird species mating rituals which will result with them dying out over the years if we continue expanding for an inefficient waste of time energy source propt up by tax payer money.

hopefully you'll still be around for next election

To get the vote you have to appeal to the faggots that are against wind turbines simply because they say it ruins the aesthetic of the horizon.

The world is fine with well fail safe latent nuclear power, we are at a technological advanceness that another Chernobyl incident will likely not occur.

But we're currently in a tug of war with fags that want to replace nuclear with wind and solar and fags that don't want it because it's ugly looking. All of which is dramatized due to political agendas.

There isn't much of a logical reason to deny wind power, it's just that the southwest is full of "aesthetic" fags. These are the same people that won't let yucca mountain store nuclear waste when it's the ultimate way to dispose of nuclear waste.

Seriously, if you want to talk about fossil fuels vs some sort of electricity prodution. Neither is good. Solar panels and battery production absolutely destroy the environment

pic related

Well explain to me then how a coal plant kills birds, it should be pretty easy

Are you or your family in fucking wind power business? Wind power is so fucking heavily subsidised, its fucking worthless business without all those governemnt moneys.

I'm not a faggot, and yet the majority of the high ridge locations used by wind farms just happen to be unspoiled wildlife sanctuary and state park lands. The butt ugly towers, the sloppy bulldozed access roads and the high tension wires totally fuck up some of the countries most beautiful and natural locations.

Not wanting the world to look like a jetsons age industrial nightmare, does not require being a power bottom.

>nuclear power plants involve 0.6 fatalities per GWh

"Many of the avian
deaths from fossil fuels result indirectly from climate change, whereas those from
wind energy and nuclear power are more direct from collisions with equipment (wind
turbines and nuclear cooling towers) and contamination of land and water (uranium
mines and enrichment facilities)."

I can get the first fossil fuels one, but no way am I going to believe that a large amount of birds hits cooling towers and get killed from radiation from mining and processing. What a load of shit.

>fossil-fueled power stations are responsible for about 9.4 fatalities per GWh
>muh climate change estimates vs actual dead birds

why is finland so shit

wind power doesn't work. that's the key thing. There is not a single wind turbine that will ever pay for itself generating electricity at market rates.

Dumb ass analysis done by a dumb person.
There are many reasons to be against solar and wind. Literally the only time solar power is good for us is when it's based in space, and we haven't even gotten that far yet. So far it's a huge waste of time, costs too much per kWh and takes up enormous plots of land to produce even a little bit of energy. If coal is the nigger of energy production, solar and wind are the arabs.

They can fly into the tower and get roasted by steam.

And letting them use climate change to qualify is cuck-tier.

>Many of the avian deaths from fossil fuels result indirectly from climate change, whereas those from wind energy and nuclear power are more direct from collisions with equipment (wind turbines and nuclear cooling towers) and contamination of land and water (uranium mines and enrichment facilities)
Oh, sorry did you not read this? Linking random bullshit again?

Have you ever been to a wind farm? They're littered with bird corpses. Trump is 100% correct on this one.

it's okay bros

it's trump

it's okay when does it

chill m8s

>Implying I was even promoting solar that hard

I'm well aware solar is an inefficient source of energy with out current method of utilizing it, on top of being a pollutant risk.

Winds main criticism is aesthetics and birds though.

I really, really doubt those numbers, and in any case it's comparing the relatively few wind farms to the thousands upon thousands of coal/nuclear plants.

Wind turbines are fucking bird killing machines. I live near a wind farm, the area is littered with decapitated birds.

But then again, who cares, birds are fucking assholes.

>Many of the avian deaths from fossil fuels result indirectly from climate change
>indirectly
Well that's one way to skew the numbers so that you prove your hypothesis right. What a load of crap.

Trump is correct:

>According to the current literature somewhere between 140,000 and 328,000 birds die each year from collisions with wind turbines.

>smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/how-many-birds-do-wind-turbines-really-kill-180948154/?no-ist

yes the much better response is that wind is a waste of fucking money compared to alternatives

>tell me again how coal plants run over birds

>yes the much better response is that wind is a waste of fucking money compared to alternatives
If you can't convince these retards that solar fucking roadways are a bad idea what makes you think you can try using logic to convince them that wind energy is an awful idea.
Trump picked the only strategy that could work and that is play with their emotions.

Ive got a phase i esa site visit next week at a liquid sodium ssolar array. If i see any charred carcasses ill post photos.

MAGA

I'm probably the biggest supporter of clean and renewable energy on this board (Hope I'm wrong though!) and he is right.. Until we develop more effecient solar panels, solar panels aren't that effecient for cities or large scale equipment. Wind turbines, although effective, kill a shit ton of birds.

Compared to the 100,000,000 to 1,000,000,000 birds killed by flying into buildings, and the 1,400,000,000 to 3,700,000,000 birds killed by cats every year. Trump is right, wind turbines totally kill all birds xD!!

flap.org/faqs.php

Thoruim nuclear power will save us from oil and coal. Solar can work in our deserts real well. We don't do anything with them.

Interesting post, though your spelling is horrible, your idea is not. If somehow they could simultaneously point all the turbines a few degrees off of the current wind direction, it just might work. This obviously would result in a shift of the axis, and increase global warming to catastrophic levels, has this been the plan all along?

Politico fact here.

I rate this statement MOSTLY FALSE

"Windturbines kill all the birds"

It's true that windturbines kill birds, BUT not ALL OF THEM.

And that it's very expensive when farms are built in the only locations it makes sense from an energy production standpoint, offshore. On land it takes up a hell of a lot of space for small quantities of power. It's literally shit-tier power generation. The only ones who like it are the politicians who can claim they invested in "renewable" resources to fool a dumb population.

Wow dude it's almost like...there are more buildings than there are wind turbines on earth
really makes you think....

They do.

Sounds like it's mostly true, shitlord. All types of birds get killed only, a retard with a brain the size of a molecule would think he mentioned literally ALL the birds.

Pretty much all bird-hugger organizations I follow are rather angry about wind turbines, but I guess they are all racist or bought by big coal or something.

You can easily learn that fact on your own.

The important thing to note is that it murders birds. I didn't even consider this until Trump said it, but it's fact. It's laughable to say coal kills birds. I use charcoal it to cook. Wind turbines are buzzsaws that take lives.

No no, that's only if the statement was made by a democrat.
He is a republican, thus pants on fire.

Don't you know how this works?

We have a shitton of windmills in germany and it was always a topic that they are killing birds