What's the best source of energy?

what is it, Sup Forums. Personally I'm stuck between natural gas and nuclear.

Geo thermal because its picture is a volcano

How do we generate Sun from The Fuel of Life?

Nuclear. There are way more fissionables than there are gas reserves.

aether

but the capital cost of nuclear power is way too expensive and vast for there to be any proper growth of the industry.

renewable energy uses nonrenuable resources to produce the machines needed to harness itself

I get mine directly from God. He violates the 1st law of thermodynamics, so I'm set.

solar does and if you're talking about the manufacturing aspect that's because of lobbies and other bullshit putting oil and coal in the forefront

Solar. Most other forms are just secondhand solar energy - fossils are just sunlight trapped by long-dead plants, wind is the sun's heat moving air around, etc - so it's more efficient to go directly to the source.

why would God help a black guy

good question

solar is inefficient as shit as of now and the maintenance needed for the materials from nonrenewable sources make it worse.

for now its nuclear. the future is solar energy

Solar is the future lmao

again with the shitposting canada

Muh dick

Jews

>the future is solar energy
how? the only reason its so abundant in america is because of the MANY government subsidies it has.

and we're able to use 30 year old nuclear tech like it was made yesterday and it's very efficient. ex: New Jersey

Except for nuclear, it's all solar at the end of the day (err, eon).

STANDING

>the only reason its so abundant in america is because of the MANY government subsidies it has.
May have been true 5 years ago. Not anymore.

Solar because anyone can buy a panel or 2 and put on their house to reduce their dependency on others

solar is a good supplement but on it's own it's next to useless

ON THE EDGE

we must harvest gravitation energy and convert it into mechanical energy

OF THE CRATER

Like the prophets once said

Michael Faraday already did something like that

>how?
>i have no idea how much energy is beating emitted by the sun: the post
The biggest problem we have is that we are unable to capture most of it. Think about how efficient photosynthesis is for plants. Think about how much energy we could have if we were nearly as efficient as them

note the subtle swastika on the right

>beating
being*
time for bed

This may be the only time diversity is actually a good thing but diversity of energy sources is the best option. You wouldnt use hydro in a desert but you would use solar. You wouldnt use solar in Iceland but you would geothermal.

and the ashes are all cold now

Thats not a swastika, thats a spiral, have your eyes checked.

No more bullets and the embers are dead

>The biggest problem we have is that we are unable to capture most of it
by how this is what i meant, the tech isn't here yet. I do have high hopes for solar but nuclear will beat it out of the water 10/10 times if people weren't so scared

Whispers in the air tell the tales
Of the brothers gone

Nuclear is the coolest

Sun and black hole

GAS THE SPACE NIGGERS SPECIES WAR NOW

>m-muh solar is so inefficient

I swear you millennial nu-males are so goddamn impatient nowadays.

Exactly.

Desolation

Devastation

Whispers in the air tell the tales

it is, most energy is lost to heat

No single source is best. Ideally we'd use a combo of wind, solar, nuclear, and gas. With any luck we'll figure fusion out which will make every other power source obsolete

Memes, of course

nuclear

What a mess we made, when it all went wrong

Geothermal is pretty cool but honestly, Hydropower is damn efficent.

Plus soon you'll be able to sell any leftover energy back into the grid to make profit while doing basically nothing.

Watching from the edge of the circus

A fucking LEAF expounding the virtues of being a fucking LEAF

there's barely any good locations for hydropower.

For the games to begin

>muh solar
Yeah it'd be cool, if only it wasn't for the atmosphere.

Gladiators draw their swords

short term: natural gas
long term: wind/solar combo

It takes nearly as much energy to operate a nuclear power plant as the plant yields, considering the uranium mining/enrichment process, and the sheer tonnage of concrete that must be produced to build, then decommission, a nuclear power. Oh yeah, also we still don't know what to do with all the radioactive waste.

Type II/III civilization or bust

because of the limitations to nuclear fuels and the dependence on countries delivering them

Russia knows what's up. You guys recently developed a new reactor that should be full fuel cycle instead of only burning up something like 1%.

form their ranks for Armageddon

Nuclear > Geothermal > Biomass > Hydro > Natural Gas > Solar > Oil > Wind > Coal

Objective ranking.

nuclear energy is the best

hipies fuck off

>uranium mining/enrichment process
we don't have to use uranium for nuclear power.

and you can reuse nuclear waste

A Dyson's sphere

I'M NUCLEAAAAAAAAAR

1 - Gas
2 - Coal
3 - Solar (Not quite there yet but very soon)

Tell that to quebec.

Which is why it should be subsidized.

Solar will be number 1 soon bitches. get used to it

t. Sun

>Good tier
Nuclear
Natural gas
Bio
Hydro

>OK tier
Geothermal
Solar

>Shit tier
Fossil fuels
Coal
Wind

Most of the cost are due to dated legislation. If congress would abandon their anti-nuclear policies it would be possible to grow the industry.

>nuclear energy is the best

Is there any nuclear plant that operates without massive government support/subsidies?

>enrichment process
If you use heavy water (and IIRC even sodium) you don't need to enrich shit. Also the fuel for non-naval reactors contains only like 5% U235 anyway.

my bad i forgot about leafland, you guys can pretty much take full advantage of hydropower. America can't

I think one in Denmark but im not sure!

>coal
Not even once.

T H O R I U M

Investors aren't willing to back a thing that they think won't pay off because they think 3 mile island is as common as coal miners getting lung cancer

>uranium
whatever the fuel that we actually use us, it still takes a large quantity of energy to produce, the point still stands

you can reuse nuclear waste, but we don't (because of muh weapons potential)

definitely Hitler energy

If I live in the desert where there's no wind or water to harvest what the fuck else am I gonna do you stupid millennial nu male cuck

What about Hoover dam?

But your main problem is California. Keeping a desert wet and making it profitable is hard business.

There is so much nuclear waste in the US that has a lot of fissionable material that we don't really even need to mine, much less enrich. But politics.

Solar fucking panel. It's a desert, So no trees or mountain to prevent collecting full power.

Like a waterwheel or dam?

Are you getting at breeder reactors? As far as I know they're still pretty much at the prototype stage - and haven't gotten past that stage yet, because as you said, politics.

Geothermal is quite abundant and cheap.

1) harvesting the sun energy from space
2) nuclear
3) geo thermal
4) trees
5) the rest require mining non renewable resources

Problem is people, not sources of energy. Too many greedy people who pollute and make money, then they start to play natural environmentalists when they are rich, then they get promoted to be part of international organizations for protection and hide certain companies who work in their money favor and they in turn hide their pollution emissions, while destroy other competition. Environment needs clean honest people, those who don't have skeletons in closet, else we are chasing our own tail and nothing will ever be fixed, besides on paper. It's all based on money interests, organizations for protection don't always protect. It's like with bio food, just because it meets the bio standards doesn't makes it natural aka bio irl, it's just that it isn't against law to use certain chemicals and tricks. They be planting bio palms for bio fuel, but then nobody talks about how they cut down rain forests to plant palms. What's truly bio is nothing international governed or hidden behind international accounts.

Solar sails, Eh?

Wind... I hate fucking birds. They shit on my car.

Biofuels from marijuana.
It grows quickly and the remaining givers can be used for paper and textile industry.
However you are running into the problem of competing with food production which means a 70% decrease of world population is necessary (I.e. kill all niggers and mudslimes).

Zero-Point energy.

oil, its abitoic so endless.

Who gives a shit. Niggers are being given the earth - let them fucking choke.

i think that would fall under hydro energy

We aren't getting shit. We built a working MSR that used Th232 back in the 1960s, then scrapped that line of research. You know what the technical problem is with that kind of reactor? Having enough fissionable material to bootstrap its operation. That's taken care of. The rest is just engineering to make them safe and reliable. But nope.

IMO, dropping that line of research had two reasons: It produced a fair amount of U232, which poisoned reactions and made the resultant U233 marginal at best for weapons, plus the already sunk costs for traditional uranium plants meant that they had an off the shelf design to go with.