Why does religion still exist in 2018, and why do only shitty countries think it's important?

Why does religion still exist in 2018, and why do only shitty countries think it's important?

Religion is good for Ireland. As we lose our Catholicism we start to see shit like gay marriage being legalised and multi-denominational schools

Remember when you used to be able to have religion debate threads on Sup Forums without some autist spamming a picture of a guy in a funny hat and calling it a day?

clean your room

Religion is literally the birth of morality and one of the stepping stones of building a society, to disregard religion is to disregard living in society and embrace individualism

Barbarians need to be brought under a system of control somehow.

I don't know how the fuck they did it but down here, it's considered "cool" to be Islamic. Growing up, I used to casually make bomb jokes and "aaaah i'm burning" jokes when I listen to the Quran but now... everyone's just pissy and really, really defensive about it.

Hell, even our comedy shows and tv dramas show the importance of Islam in our lives and why we need it.

Reverse the colour and rename the map as materialistic religion.

Debate an atheist long enough and he'll inevitably acknowledge that his real beef with religion is that it stops him from being a degenerate.

Only shitholes don't have gay marriage though

never really felt any attachment to a specific religion but i am open to the idea of there being more to life than what is apparent

Correlation =! causation

yeah muslims,christians and jews are and were not degenerate at all

Yet the most ''relligious'' countries are the most violent shitholes in the world with the least regard for the human life.
Look at Latin America.

You think maybe it's kind of ridiculous to give people special privileges and legal benefits for merely having a sexual fetish?

>Singapore
>pre-2017 Australia
>shitholes

No but could suggest a symptom of a third cause, in this case probably something like wealth, education, safety etc.

ah yes clearly that has everything to do with religion. You can clearly see that in Italy or Portugal

all religious people should be executed desu desu

You tried for 70 years to get rid of religion and failed, so...

nice to see we are light blue, religion is such a joke

Poortugal and Italy are the biggest shitholes in Europe.
The tiny best part of Italy is the one that's culturally German and they give zero fucks about religion.

Everyone knows the reputation of the churches in the Balkans has suffered severely from collaboration with monarchies, Nazis, communists, current corrupt politicians, etc.

70 years? lmao
more like 10
Stalin didn't give a fuck about bolshevik ideals

Haven't had the referendum yet, that was just a "Do you want a referendum" optional vote

Forgetting that Khrushchev also had an obsession with getting rid of religion.

What the fuck is degenerate even and why should anyone care

Based on my experience, it seems that most hardcore atheists are people who were raised by extreme Christfag parents. You know, the kind that didn't let them watch TV or listen to rock or pop music because it was Satanic.

Religion maintains million of persons

>You think maybe it's kind of ridiculous to give people special privileges and legal benefits for merely having a sexual fetish?
I don't really care

Singapore is a shithole, Australia only disallowed gay marriage because on inertia.

>centuries of secterian violence and terrorism
>women dying because they cannot terminate dangerous pregnancies
>"religion is good for ireland"

t. never been to europe

I will only marry a pure portuguese catholic wife, no atheists scum for me thank you

As far as I can tell from Sup Forums posters, degeneracy is a synonym for having fun

>Marrying womyn at all
Being a monk is a way to go.

buddism is based tho

Can I get special legal benefits for drinking a can of Coke?

la atrocidad...

Who is that russian qt

Singapore is a shithole.

As always, people go from one extreme to another

Are countries that allow coke and pepsi drinking significantly less shit than pepsi-only countries?